You know you're serious about losing weight when....

Options

Replies

• MsBeautifullOne
    MsBeautifullOne Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    When I went in my pantry and threw away an unopened pack of OREOS....gave away my butter lovers popcorn...and samosa ice cream.

Even more so when I showed up for day 1 with my trainer...and when I continue to show up....obey his food/diet plan, AND

Cry..infront of 2 very cute guys...in a gym...while I'm all sweaty, winded, and feeling crazy already. then cry again at the gym day 2...
    Not boo hoo cry this time...just tears
  • onlyhalfcrazy
    onlyhalfcrazy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    When you ask your husband for running shoes for valentines day!! Hold the chocolates honey, I want those asics!!
  • chrissismone
    chrissismone Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You run even though your in mad pain-shin splints
    You run even while cramping
    You get your rocks off of lifting and watching men lift weights
    You get bored and start doing push ups or squats
    You imagine about doing a guy from the gym and how he will compliment your thighs and firm arms-don't judge me.
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    ...you really internalize the fact that even if no one sees you eat it, it still counts.
    ^^^ THIS!
  • Jesusgirl1984
    Options
    i like that yes baby carrots are yummy like candy
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    You count your nuts lol
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    -When you get mad because someone wants to stop you while walking to talk to you.

mwaaa.... I had this happen last year. I told him I wasn't walking to socialize, and he could talk to me if he could keep up. He couldn't.. lol:bigsmile:
  • chnkytim42
    chnkytim42 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You look up a menu online before going out and decide not to go there.
    You know that semen has not only calories but nutritional value
    You wear your heart rate monitor to do everything just for fun. But only log actual exercise.
    You donate your "fat" clothes instead of packing them up for a later use.
    god bless this women......... rofl. wow i am beat red, i think i'm in love. rofl :P so awesome. anyway. 1 picking up weight is slang for doing strength training. 2 when the oatmeal in your house is for eating instead of as a part of your no bake cookies, 3 catching a cab is used because you ran faster then the cab was driving, hitting the bar consists of refilling your salad plate. god i have so many i can think of, i'll stop there
  • _monicaaaa
    Options
    when you deny a fruit by the foot and chips all in one day
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    You know you've lost enough weight when you jump right onto the Scale at the doctor's office without taking off your shoes.
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    - when you say no to fast food (or starve yourself so you have enough calories for a KFC chicken strip)
    - when you ask for Zumba Fitness for your birthday
    - when you have MFP as an app on your phone and spend all your time looking up calories etc
    - when you know the difference between a small, medium and large banana :)
  • skinnyjuu
    skinnyjuu Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When you become excited and look forward to trying out the new workout dvd you just bought.
    When you don't drink anything but water or green tea because you don't wanna waste your calories.
    When you spend more time on mfp than facebook.
    When you skip a dinner gathering with friends because you don't want to eat all that greasy junk.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    When you buy a packet soup from the vending machine (100 cals) instead of a chocolate bar (300 cals).
    When you buy a packet of nuts from the vending machine (300 cals) and eat half of them today and save the other half for tomorrow!

And when you get all teary and speechless at getting a Garmin GSP watch for Christmas.
  • awisegirl84
    awisegirl84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

* you carry crystal light packets in your purse to add to your water when you eat out

This is such a GREAT idea!!
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    ...You choose staying in and exercising over a night out getting hammered.
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    ...when you look at a fastfood place, and it already makes your stomach upset.

...or when your young child knows it that time of day you work out and either A. Goes plays quietly, or B. Jumps around with you (love B, its just sooo cute watching him try to do my workout :D)
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    When you decide to eat dinner at home instead of eating out.
    When you decide to drink more water and less diet coke.
    When you decide that exercise and eating right is your first priority.
  • EmboRose
    EmboRose Posts: 2
    Options
    You know you're serious when...

...you walk up the same hill every day to work and before, you used to walk slowly and be out of breath by the time you reach the top and curse that darned hill - but now you practically run up so you feel that sweet burn in your legs and know you've done a tiny bit of cardio before you even reach the office.

...you can actually cycle up the hills on your route when you used to have to get off and push your bike to the top. And you find yourself seeking out even steeper climbs so you can test yourself.

...you take the home-made cake that is being offered at work, but throw it in the bin when the person isn't looking so you don't hurt their feelings!

...you sneak a look at the person next to you working out at the gym (time/distance/calories burned etc) and start to push yourself and work harder so that you can BEAT THEM!!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    when you go to the pictures and dont buy any snacks.

Also finding excuses to drag the kids out for walk during school holidays.

when you notice that the kids are engrossed in the tv and you chuck on a quick exercise dvd.
  • MashaSK
    MashaSK Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You train every single day no matter how tired you are at least a little...yeahh and spend lots of time on MFP! but throwing out food? no no no! give it to your friends, colleagues, poor people on streets finally!