Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 May / June

Options

Replies

• HeatherPH
    HeatherPH Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Substituting the exercises that hurt your knees is a great idea! If that doesn't work then there isn't wrong with not doing the workouts back to back. I don't do RI30 every day back to back, I try to rotate it with my other workouts so basically I do it like 3 times/week. And I do each level for much longer than 1 week :) Do whatever works for you and listen to your body so you avoid injury!

They all hurt my knees, unfortunately! Everything that requires a bend, so squats, lunges, the lot :( I do stationary lunges instead of the moving lunges (as in, I do my lunges on the spot, rather than step into them), but they still hurt. I think it's just the constant work without a break. I do karate and my physio says the same thig, that it's taxing on my knees if I train on successive days. I might alternate with something like Banish Fat or maybe Six Week 6 pack, then, as they're less "kneey"! Thanks for the advice, guys :)
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    Looks like I'm making a Walmart run to get NMTZ. Thanks for the info, one question, how long is the workout?? I think I get enough cardio, so this may be the thing I need.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options

Substituting the exercises that hurt your knees is a great idea! If that doesn't work then there isn't wrong with not doing the workouts back to back. I don't do RI30 every day back to back, I try to rotate it with my other workouts so basically I do it like 3 times/week. And I do each level for much longer than 1 week :) Do whatever works for you and listen to your body so you avoid injury!

They all hurt my knees, unfortunately! Everything that requires a bend, so squats, lunges, the lot :( I do stationary lunges instead of the moving lunges (as in, I do my lunges on the spot, rather than step into them), but they still hurt. I think it's just the constant work without a break. I do karate and my physio says the same thig, that it's taxing on my knees if I train on successive days. I might alternate with something like Banish Fat or maybe Six Week 6 pack, then, as they're less "kneey"! Thanks for the advice, guys :)

Now I don't think that you mentioned this, but are you working out to lose weight? The reason I ask is that when I first started on this journey in September my knees were brutal.....funny how as I lost weight it got better :) I just wanted to let you know that there might be a light at the end of the owee knee tunnel :) If that's not the case for you, then yeah totally alternate days so that you don't have any hard knee activity back to back :)
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    Looks like I'm making a Walmart run to get NMTZ. Thanks for the info, one question, how long is the workout?? I think I get enough cardio, so this may be the thing I need.

It was 55 min including warm up and cool down. You can select circuits though, similar to BFBM. My plan is definitely to substitute NMTZ for some cardio. I just can't eat back all the calories from cardio, it's too much on a daily basis! Although that being said, I still burned 500 from NMTZ so I still had to eat back like 123 calories last night :laugh: but I'll tell you I think that workout is a darn good way to burn through some fat!

I still managed to do RI30 this morning too.....I was sore but not that sore. I actually started taking a protein drink right after I work out and I think that has helped!
  • Looks like I'm making a Walmart run to get NMTZ. Thanks for the info, one question, how long is the workout?? I think I get enough cardio, so this may be the thing I need.

It was 55 min including warm up and cool down. You can select circuits though, similar to BFBM. My plan is definitely to substitute NMTZ for some cardio. I just can't eat back all the calories from cardio, it's too much on a daily basis! Although that being said, I still burned 500 from NMTZ so I still had to eat back like 123 calories last night :laugh: but I'll tell you I think that workout is a darn good way to burn through some fat!

I still managed to do RI30 this morning too.....I was sore but not that sore. I actually started taking a protein drink right after I work out and I think that has helped!

Nice!!!!what kind of protein are you taking?
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    I got Weider Whey Protein Fruit Splash. You just mix it with water and it's like juice! I really like it, it tastes good and mixes up nicely. I bought it from Shoppers Drug Mart (a Canadian chain I think) but I also saw it at Walmart. I didn't want a protein that I had to mix with milk as I still use my Vi Shakes for snacks.
  • hduston
    hduston Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm back from my business trip and ready to hit week 3 of RI30 again (hopefully - I haven't done it since Sunday)! Couldn't do much exercise - hotel I stayed at was an older historic one without any fitness center and I'm not much of a runner!
  • I mix mine with water might not taste like juice but I guess im use to it lol I think I might try that one =]

@hd thats great your getting back on track !!! Yes vacation sometimes kills the motovations that we have but I glad your hasnt gone away HIGH 5!!! =]
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    Well I wasn't sore this morning doing RI30 but omg I am sore now lol Tomorrow might have to be a rest day!
  • HeatherPH
    Options
    Now I don't think that you mentioned this, but are you working out to lose weight? The reason I ask is that when I first started on this journey in September my knees were brutal.....funny how as I lost weight it got better :) I just wanted to let you know that there might be a light at the end of the owee knee tunnel :) If that's not the case for you, then yeah totally alternate days so that you don't have any hard knee activity back to back :)

I am, but I've always had achy knees and they're pre-arthritic. I had knee surgery aout a year ago, and according to my surgeon, "If [he] saw [my] knees on a 50 year old, [he'd] say they were bad knees"! I'm 29 in two days, so that really sucks! But I do agree that if I lose weight and strengthen the muscles around my knees, they won't be so bad, so I'll definitely keep it up!
  • HeatherPH
    Options
    I got Weider Whey Protein Fruit Splash. You just mix it with water and it's like juice! I really like it, it tastes good and mixes up nicely. I bought it from Shoppers Drug Mart (a Canadian chain I think) but I also saw it at Walmart. I didn't want a protein that I had to mix with milk as I still use my Vi Shakes for snacks.
    I've been hearing a lot about protein powders lately! Do you all take it? Do you find it makes a difference?
  • ajbltn
    ajbltn Posts: 57
    Options
    I just bought it and am excited to start it. I know it's gonna kick my a** but I actually look forward to that now!! I hope to just get over this damn cold I have. :)
  • I got Weider Whey Protein Fruit Splash. You just mix it with water and it's like juice! I really like it, it tastes good and mixes up nicely. I bought it from Shoppers Drug Mart (a Canadian chain I think) but I also saw it at Walmart. I didn't want a protein that I had to mix with milk as I still use my Vi Shakes for snacks.
    I've been hearing a lot about protein powders lately! Do you all take it? Do you find it makes a difference?

Yea I take it an it helps me a lot it helps me with a faster recovery and helps you get lean muscels =]
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options

I am, but I've always had achy knees and they're pre-arthritic. I had knee surgery aout a year ago, and according to my surgeon, "If [he] saw [my] knees on a 50 year old, [he'd] say they were bad knees"! I'm 29 in two days, so that really sucks! But I do agree that if I lose weight and strengthen the muscles around my knees, they won't be so bad, so I'll definitely keep it up!

I actually had another thought.....do you take glucosamine? It might be something worth looking into as that has also helped me with my joints, especially my knees!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options

Yea I take it an it helps me a lot it helps me with a faster recovery and helps you get lean muscels =]

I agree with this! Plus I find that it's nice way to get in some extra calories. I'm doing the EM2WL thing and sometimes I have a hard time reaching my cut amount, let alone if I have to eat back calories!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    I just bought it and am excited to start it. I know it's gonna kick my a** but I actually look forward to that now!! I hope to just get over this damn cold I have. :)

YAY! Goodluck! Keep us posted on your progress!
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    Finished Week 1 as of this morning Day 7 complete. I will begin Week 2 tomorrow morning....

Of course you know I got my elliptical in afterward too :)

TGIF!!!! :happy:
  • hduston
    hduston Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Ok I cheated and did Week 2 (instead of week 3) but did the majority of the advanced moves (cheerleader shelly). Using my new HRM found out I'm burning more calories than I estimated (not a ton more). Since I hadn't done RI30 since Sunday, I didn't want to kill myself with week 3, but I'll be back at it tomorrow a.m. with week 3! Happy Friday!
  • Hollyjd1019
    Hollyjd1019 Posts: 148
    Options
    Switching it up this week from alternating Shred It w Weights, No More Trouble Zones, & Kickboxing FastFix to alternating Ripped in 30 and Extreme Shed & Shred. I will miss my kettlebell workout in Shred It, but there are a few exercises in Ripped that I can use it in. Yeah!
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    Day 1 Week 2 done then got my 30 in on the elliptical.

It is going to be h-o-t here where I live this weekend (Virginia), gonna try to stay cool :)

Have a great day everyone!