Bacon is better then peanutbutter! (protein)

Options
I'm so sick of hearing Peanutbutter is good for you! Well it's really not, it is a poor source of protien for the amount of fat and calories.

Lets look at some nutritional information- Jif natural creamy- 2 Tbspn (not alot of food mind you), 190 Calories, 16 g Fat, 7g Protein.

Patrick Cudahy Thick Sliced Bacon- 4 cooked slices (mind you a serving is 1 slice!) 180 Calories, 16 g Fat, 12 g Protein

So 4 slices of Bacon has more Protein and less calories then Peanut Butter. Keeping that in mind, 4 slices of bacon is more then enough to make 2 BLT's (on low cal bread, ff mayo, lots tom, and lettice), crumble on a salad, eat as a side for breakfast, mix to an omelet, add to ff dips....ect Now what can we do with 2 Tbspn peanut butter. Add to a smoothie, eat it with fruit or veges, have a PBJ sandwhich.

Truely, I am niether a fan of Bacon or Peanut Butter but I'll eat some bacon before I even think about making a PBJ. I just want ppl aware there are better choices as far as protein, when you look at compairable fat and calories even bacon starts looking like more bang for your buck.

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I like both bacon and peanut butter. PB is a great vegetarian protein. It's also got a lot of nutrients in it that things like bacon don't. I'll take the fat in peanut butter over the fat in bacon any day.
  • richeydoc
    richeydoc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bacon is delicious, and peanut butter sticks to the roof of your mouth. I'm not sure why the 16g of fat in the bacon serving is any worse than the 16g of fat in the peanut butter serving?
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm so sick of hearing Peanutbutter is good for you! Well it's really not,

Good source of healthy fats.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I like both bacon and peanut butter. PB is a great vegetarian protein. It's also got a lot of nutrients in it that things like bacon don't. I'll take the fat in peanut butter over the fat in bacon any day.

^^^ yep
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Find a way to eat em together... everyone wins! :drinker:
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    but together, they are amazing.
  • Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter actually has a lot of good fats in it. You can't say it isn't good for you. I'd choose peanut butter over bacon every day. Also bacon is higher in sodium content and cholesterol. And many people are vegetarians.
  • pregmeg119
    pregmeg119 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Agreed!
  • Bloviate
    Bloviate Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    <
    Bacon FTW
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I love bacon so much if there was a Bacon scented Fabreze, my house would smell like bacon all the time. You know those I married bacon commercials? DId I say I love bacon yet?
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    1. Vegetarians don't eat bacon
    2. Peanut butter will keep at my desk for months, bacon won't
    3. Both can be part of a great diet
    4. If you don't like either one, don't eat them. Let others enjoy them
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter and bacon on a stick!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Dip your Bacon in Peanut Butter!!! That actually sounds delish. twice the protein! Nevermind all those fat calories, lol!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I love both, but my preference is Bacon..................however............the fat in the peanut butter is heart healthy..............the bacon.........not so much:bigsmile:
  • Scribetoo
    Scribetoo Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Bacon is better WITH peanut butter! (and granny smith apples.. and alfalfa sprouts.. on toasted 15 grain bread... mmmm)
  • moongirl5150
    moongirl5150 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love both!!! Although a couple of years ago I switched to Almond butter. My favorite is Trader Joe's brand that comes with toasted flax seeds. How does that compare to pb or bacon?
  • angie_sample
    angie_sample Posts: 190
    Options
    i would always choose peanut butter over bacon, but thats bc i cant stand bacon even the smell bothers me. I dont understand why someone sayign peanut butter is good for u would bother u. Im sure there not saying: u have to eat peanut butter. Make ur own decisions, do ur own research and decide for yourself. No need to get upset over someone elses choices.
  • court211006
    Options
    as a vegetarian & lactose intolerant, peanut butter is the best invention ever, don't get me wrong i love salad, but i'd rather have a peanut butter sandwich! its cheap and yummy, amazing for lazy students to live on.
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You can also get all natural peanut butter.. MUCH better for you than Jif.

Plus, to me, it tastes better than bacon. Nut fat>grease fat any day.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    <--- eats peanut butter daily --- ANNNND bacon about twice a week. WHAT!?!