Bacon is better then peanutbutter! (protein)

Options

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Bacon = satured fat, peanut butter = unsatured fat (which is better), but I love them both (just not together)
    Not that simple. Bacon has roughly the same percentage of saturated fat as peanut butter. Peanut butter actually has more total fat than bacon, ounce for ounce, and the saturated fat in bacon is mostly lauric and stearic acid, both heart healthy, good fats (lauric acid is the fat that makes coconut oil healthy, it's the main saturated fat in bacon as well.)
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    Bacon = satured fat, peanut butter = unsatured fat (which is better), but I love them both (just not together)
    Not that simple. Bacon has roughly the same percentage of saturated fat as peanut butter. Peanut butter actually has more total fat than bacon, ounce for ounce, and the saturated fat in bacon is mostly lauric and stearic acid, both heart healthy, good fats (lauric acid is the fat that makes coconut oil healthy, it's the main saturated fat in bacon as well.)

True, Peanut Butter has more fat but mainly unsatured fats, which are suppose to be healthy. I can digest unsatured fats a lot better. I love bacon, but my belly doesn't :tongue:
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Any sentence the begins "Bacon is better than _________________" is automatically true.

No%2BHope%2B-%2BNo%2BCash%2B-%2BNo%2BJobs%2B-%2BPlease%2BDon%2527t%2BDie%2BKevin%2BBacon.jpg
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I'm so sick of hearing Peanutbutter is good for you! Well it's really not,

Good source of healthy fats.

Bacon is a better fat and not inflammatory as long as it is nitrate free.

http://trusted.md/blog/vreni_gurd/2007/04/06/saturated_fat_the_misunderstood_nutrient#axzz0zknkn0yT

http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/nutrition/saturated_fat.htm
  • bigpenguin570
    bigpenguin570 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I also like both, even tried a bqacon/pb sandwich on a dare, now THAT was gross ;)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I also like both, even tried a bqacon/pb sandwich on a dare, now THAT was gross ;)
    Funny, I actually came into this thread to see if anyone had said if this was a good combo. How disappointing.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Funny, I actually came into this thread to see if anyone had said if this was a good combo. How disappointing.

I know right? If bacon and maple syrup work, or bacon rubbed in brown sugar then fried...one would think peanut butter might be a reasonable match.

I think I may try it anyhow lol.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    A Grilled peanutbutter and bacon sandwhich...on lowfat bread of course, must just be perfect for you then!!!!! I always enjoyed them!
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options

I know right? If bacon and maple syrup work, or bacon rubbed in brown sugar then fried...one would think peanut butter might be a reasonable match.

I think I may try it anyhow lol.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
  • builtforlife
    builtforlife Posts: 259
    Options
    Wow.
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    It's not a good source of protein. It is a good source of healthy fat.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    just eat them both and dont worry.
  • Sunshine_and_Puppies
    Options
    You know what's even better? Peanut butter and bacon sandwiches!!!!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Say it ain't so!

1622.jpg
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    PB - no nitrates, lower in saturated fats, no cholesterol, and comes in smooth or crunchy. No cooking required.
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I like both bacon and peanut butter. PB is a great vegetarian protein. It's also got a lot of nutrients in it that things like bacon don't. I'll take the fat in peanut butter over the fat in bacon any day.

^^^ yep

that pretty much sums it up :-) ... on a side note.. I always go for an all natural peanut butter :-) I love Adams peanut butter.... eat it everyday!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    No cooking required.
    This is a definite plus.
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious as to why the OP refers to 'PBJ' - which I'm assuming is peanut better & jelly - as opposed to just PB... As an Australian, I've never understood the peanut butter & jelly (we call it jam) concept but I find it even more odd that some ppl can't seem to dis-associate the two! Lol... Just an observation :smile:

And as for my preference... Either! I'm a big fan of both Peanut Butter and Bacon! Preferrably not together though... :tongue:

I haven't tried it, but I suspect they are delicious together! I love both, eat both in moderation. Bacon, bacon, bacon!!!
  • angelashay42
    angelashay42 Posts: 286
    Options
    I love peanut butter. I eat it every day and I've lost a pound per week for 20 weeks. Why do you care what ppl eat??? You sound snobby.
  • Lay821
    Lay821 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Both!
    Peanut butter with jam on my Magic Pop in the morning & bacon pieces on my salad in the afternoon.

Delish!! but eat it immediately or the magic pop Disappears .LOL