3 Yr. Anniversary!! 307 lbs. Lost!!! (Picture Heavy!!)

Options

Replies

• mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    proud of ya. thanking God for your story...
  • samiott
    samiott Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and I bet you feel awesome now too! Thank you for sharing. :) I think we need to see the possibilities that can happen for the inspiration we need to continue on our own journeys.
  • LozzieWebb
    LozzieWebb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congratulations on your achievement! I don't have the words to express my admiration for all that hard work you've put in. Fantastic/spectacular/amazing - none of them quite seem to do justice to the battle you took on - and WON!! I wish you and your family a long and happy life together, safe in the knowledge that you are an inspiration to many, many who follow in your footsteps. Keep up the good work - and Happy Anniversary!. :smile:
  • floridanative64
    floridanative64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What a success story! You look the same, but completely different - you know? You look powerful, focused and strong now! Congrats on overcoming all your obstacles and becoming the person you knew you could be!
  • npatel160
    npatel160 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    wow what an amazing journey!!! great job!!!!
  • gnomiut
    gnomiut Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love your motto "regaining control of my life" as it speaks to the WHOLE of the journey you have embarked on - that this isn't about the superficial but is about taking control of our own "ship" and applying all the grit and guts we have to steer that ship in the direction we want. Congratulations on taking that daily step forward - you are really an inspiration to me.
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    This is SUCH AN AMAZING TRANSFORMATION... this gives me hope and shows that with great will power it is achievable. Good job
  • brendacooks
    brendacooks Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Absolutely incredibly wonderful! Happy anniversary - I hope you savour your new life every minute of every day. Your accomplishment is utterly breathtaking!
  • drayNOTdre
    drayNOTdre Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Inspired!
  • brighteyes31143
    Options
    3 years ago at 560 lbs. and pretty much a shut in from 2007-09 I finally hit rock bottom. Something had to change, I just couldn't live like that another day.. I was home bound and had to use a computer chair to wheel myself from my recliner to the bathroom or anywhere around the house. I had that AHA moment and stopped saying no to everything and started saying yes (no matter how afraid I was.) I had to overcome Severe Depression, Major Social Phobia issues, Food Addictions, etc.... I had to fix what was broken in my head or nothing else mattered.. So I met with a therapist, started water therapy (water displacement cause I couldn't support my own weight) and had a battery of test done. Found out I was a full blown diabetic (type 2) and had all the super morbidly obese health issues. But I was bound and determined to regain control of my life!!! 36 months later today, I stand here through a lot of Pain, Blood Sweat and Tears at 253 lbs. and scheduled to see the skin surgeon this Wednesday the 13th for (20-25 lbs. of skin removal) a 360 body lift and then 2 total knee replacements following the body lift and I will have Regained Control over my life and given myself an unwritten future I would have never seen had I not done something about it.. Never so Never!! Anything is possible if you are willing to work for it!! I have to thank my Family for Never giving up on me and my wonderful wife for being my rock to lean upon as I fought my way back... I have quite the road ahead of me with all these surgeries but I know I will continue to achieve the goals I have set forth and I will not let anything stand in my way... Lots of pics to follow... And thank you for the support I have gotten here.... I came here late in my journey but have used MFP as a tool in my journey especially the social phobia aspect I am still dealing with today... Thanks again....

2009May2.jpg

scan00013.jpg

scan00014.jpg

DSCF2306.jpg

DSCF2307.jpg

DSCF2307revised12.jpg

DSCF2306revised12.jpg

3Sideshot.jpg

3frontalshot.jpg

DSCF3019two.jpg

sidebysideb4after.jpg

DSCF0675.jpg

DSCF0677.jpg

DSCF0679.jpg

DSCF0590.jpg

DSCF0595.jpg

DSCF0598.jpg

DSCF0614.jpg

DSCF0612.jpg

DSCF0667.jpg

DSCF0669.jpg

DSCF0628.jpg

DSCF0629.jpg

DSCF0660.jpg

DSCF0626.jpg

You look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;0) AMAZING!!!! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • NurseCarolyn2014
    Options
    Wow, an amazing story you have!! Thank-you for sharing it, you look amazing!! Congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    incredible, you look AMAZING, you have saved your life, turned it around and you are a massive inspiration, well done. I don't have enough words to say how marvellous I think you are!
  • lilbigginz
    lilbigginz Posts: 36
    Options
    This is what I strive for. You are truly an amazing person.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    :love: I mean this in the nicest possible way--you've gone from chunk to total h unk! OMG. Congratulations on your determination, dedication and results. You look younger, too. Your family must be thrilled as well!
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Amazing journey. Best of wishes to you on your future endeavors.
  • ArtemisMoon
    ArtemisMoon Posts: 144
    Options
    Wow that is really amazing! It is so wonderful when people share their stories on here, particularly people who had such a significant struggle. If you can lose weight, I can certain lose my 100 lbs and I feel very inspired and challenged! I also have had a lot of social issues and just like weight loss, it takes confronting the issues and facing situations you know will make you uncomfortable. I am rooting for you and I know you will overcome! :)
  • lafl3ur
    lafl3ur Posts: 15
    Options
    This is so amazing! Congratulations! You look fantastic! Best of luck in your maintenance :)
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    I love your story!! How great is the power of self! We have always had the power to become what we dreamed in our heads but it sometimes takes an aha moment for us to realize the amount of control we do have.......you and your family must be so proud of your victory in your long-fought battle. Congratulations and keep us updated. Good luck with your surgeries. :flowerforyou:
  • bimpski
    bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing your amazing story. you are an inspiration to me and many others here on mfp. you are amazing!:happy:
  • SingeSange
    SingeSange Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Absolutely AMAZING!! You are proof that we are all capable of whatever we set our minds to if we have the strength, support, and belief in ourselves that we can do it. Thank you for sharing your story and photos!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!