NO SWEETS TIL THANKSGIVING--

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    No sweets today. Even filled 100 goodie bags for trick or treat. Chocolate and all was left alone.

9 days totally sweets free. Yes I'm counting.

Hey-- has it been that long?

Go us!!!!!!!!!

Welcome clouds-- pop in every day and let us know how you're doing-- accountability is key.

Leslie-- it's harder, no doubt, but not impossible-- you can do it if you really want to-- be strong.
  • Marla64
    Options
    good morning my sweet friends--

Touching base-- all is well in the land of New Jersey-- no sweets equals one pound down this week.

Woot-- woot--

keep on keepin' on this day-- we are stronger than we think.
  • ToeTapN
    ToeTapN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just joined yesterday but not having cookies with my husband last night was a big deal and so far so good today!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    No sweets today. Even filled 100 goodie bags for trick or treat. Chocolate and all was left alone.

Go us!!!!!!!!!

Welcome clouds-- pop in every day and let us know how you're doing-- accountability is key.

Leslie-- it's harder, no doubt, but not impossible-- you can do it if you really want to-- be strong.

Actually you are on day 11. I was a day behind. I was stuffing my face with apple crisp and banana bread the day you all started. :ohwell:
  • Marla64
    Options
    I just joined yesterday but not having cookies with my husband last night was a big deal and so far so good today!

Husbands are tricky, no doubt-- but, you did great!

One bite a time, people--

Be strong this day!!!
  • Marla64
    Options

Go us!!!!!!!!!

Actually you are on day 11. I was a day behind. I was stuffing my face with apple crisp and banana bread the day you all started. :ohwell:

11 days and only one pound down? Hmmmm-- well, better than nuttin'--

right direction-- I'm not looking any gift horses in the mouth--

Heading to finally shower-- later, my friends--
  • skrumm
    skrumm Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Six days no sweets! I can't believe i've made it almost a week. This is a record for me, i couldn't do this without you folks! I think about eating something sweet everyday and just tell myself NO! NO! lol! I feel so good about myself right now and that's new for me. :happy:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Six days no sweets! I can't believe i've made it almost a week. This is a record for me, i couldn't do this without you folks! I think about eating something sweet everyday and just tell myself NO! NO! lol! I feel so good about myself right now and that's new for me. :happy:

God bless you-- one day at a time, my friend-- see, you're already stronger than you knew. You can gain control of this, one choice at a time--

:smooched:
  • amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    Options
    Checking in today....I did great yesterday and had no sweets at all!

I'm hoping to keep it up throughout the weekend, but we'll see once the Halloween candy arrives.

Hope you all have a great day!
  • amk1725
    Options
    Forgot to mention....

I helped someone out at work and they treated me to two boxes of Organic Truffles from Whole Foods.
    :devil:
    One box is chocolate and one is caramel. Yikes!!!! What a temptataion!!!

I looked on the box just to check the nurtrition, thinking it couldn't be too bad if it came from Whole Foods, right??......
    3 truffles= 170 calories, 14g fat, 8g Sugar

What to do, what to do????
  • ToeTapN
    ToeTapN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    give those truffles away as a gift or save them to share at Thanksgiving if they will keep!
  • 72lori
    Options

That made me smile. So glad you feel good about yourself. That's what it's about.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Forgot to mention....

I helped someone out at work and they treated me to two boxes of Organic Truffles from Whole Foods.

I looked on the box just to check the nurtrition, thinking it couldn't be too bad if it came from Whole Foods, right??......

Share! I'm actually not sure I've ever eaten a truffle, but if it's a forbidden sweet, chances are I'd like it.

Do the math for just one, it won't seem so bad. Not that I'm encouraging you to eat one or anything, just sayin'. :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options
    truffles are yumsville--
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Doing great so far today and yesterday, I will take it 2 days at a time....

Marla and Lori what a much better day I am so proud of myself..

Glad to see everyone is doing great on here, wish I could say that I have done as well as ya'll at least I can say I have done welll...

Well off to take the kiddos to trunk or treat at t he ymca...how convienent they have it at the ymca so the momma and dadda can renew their membership when they eat their kids candy...I am gonna be strong tonight not even one mini bag of candy...

Dinner was fabulous off to hit the gym after the kiddos get treats, just for a little bit.
  • amk1725
    Options
    Forgot to mention....

Share! I'm actually not sure I've ever eaten a truffle, but if it's a forbidden sweet, chances are I'd like it.

Do the math for just one, it won't seem so bad. Not that I'm encouraging you to eat one or anything, just sayin'. :laugh:

Truffles are soooo good. It's like a soft, sweet, ball of chocolate, so soft it starts to melt in your fingers.

I ended up having two this afternoon....just to try them out ya know :wink:

I put them in my desk so I can have a piece here and there when I can't resist the chocolate craving.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    :sad: I ate a kitkat today. :sad:
  • 72lori
    Options
    Jesse- no sweat, keep strong from here on out

amk- I might have done the same thing, sure as heck not saying I wouldn't have

No sweets for me today, cept for my sweet tater! :tongue:
  • Brittany2009
    Options
    i read recently that if you drink a cup of coffee every night after dinner after a week or so your body will stop craving sweets after dinner. haven't tried it but its an idea if anyone likes coffee
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I shoulda said:smiley-signs006.gif

Instead I said:smiley-signs007.gif

Oh wellsmiley-signs038.gif