2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Way to BRING IT Debra!!! It does boost our esteem to be able to achieve these goals so we can get out there and do it again!!! WTG!

Monday 1/7 was 3 hours of priming my cabin walls and after we got back home I did JMBR workout 9 (YES she gets tuffer every 2 weeks!) and then I took my furries for a walk!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    1/7 20 min of the firm and 3 on treadmill that was making a horrible noise. My uncle passed away today. I didn't get to know him well.

Way to go ladies.
  • vhuber
    Sorry Ivy! Gosh you have had some tough times in your family!!! HUGS!

My 2/7 was push mowing, JMBR workout #10 (ooh La La!!) and 65 minutes of run/walking with my furries!! We are blessed with another BEAUTIFUL evening!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Sorry for your loss Ivy. :flowerforyou:
    My husbands Aunt passed away and the viewing was Monday. I didn't know her well either. We had always just sent cards and sent pictures over the years. She was 2 weeks shy of being 96 yrs old. I had not sent out Christmas cards last year... and it makes me sad that she didn't get an update from us. :frown: ... made me realize how I need to stay focused on th important things!

I never made it back yesterday.. but I am 3/7 with 4 miles on the elliptical and just 10 minutes of some stretches... my legs were a little sore fromt he run the day before!

Oh Verda!!! Great job!!!
  • vhuber
    3/7 was push mowing our cabin lot (approx. 4.5 miles in 75 min.) and riding bike for 9.5 miles!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Ivy and Debra--so sorry for your losses! :cry: Glad you guys are still able to get the workouts in despite the sad situation.

Verda--you just keep bringing it, but what else do we expect from you?! :wink:

I am FINALLY at 1/7 for the week with a 2 mile run @ 6mph plus w/u and c/d walk on the treadmill this morning. It is WONDERFUL to be back home!!! Our road trip was 12 days long and during that time we drove over 2,000 miles! Thank God my little ones were (surprisingly!) well behaved! Now it's back to the grind, back to the eating and workout routine. I go back to work in just under 2 weeks, so I need to make the most of my remaining time off.

Happy Thursday everyone!!!
  • vhuber
    Ivy and Debra--so sorry for your losses! :cry: Glad you guys are still able to get the workouts in despite the sad situation.

Verda--you just keep bringing it, but what else do we expect from you?! :wink:

I am FINALLY at 1/7 for the week with a 2 mile run @ 6mph plus w/u and c/d walk on the treadmill this morning. It is WONDERFUL to be back home!!! Our road trip was 12 days long and during that time we drove over 2,000 miles! Thank God my little ones were (surprisingly!) well behaved! Now it's back to the grind, back to the eating and workout routine. I go back to work in just under 2 weeks, so I need to make the most of my remaining time off.

Happy Thursday everyone!!!
    Glad your back home, all safe and sound!! Wow 2 weeks!:noway: :noway: Your maternity leave was NO WAY long enough but I am sure they are ready for your return in a big way!!! Good job at getting back into routine!!!
  • vhuber
    Oh I better post my daily!:laugh: I am actually posting from my NEW cabin deck and my NEW internet service! LIFE is SOOOO GOOD!! :laugh: :laugh:
    4/7 with my JMBR workout #9 and after doing tons I got in a speed walk for at least 2 miles with my furries. Got back to the cabin as the sun was setting! A very beautiful evening after having a horrible windy day!!
  • makeitallsue
    Didn't mean to, but I took the day off yesterday.. just too busy to fit it in. I thought I would enjoy my son playing with the highschool team because I don't have to worry about concessions and I can actually sit and enjoy the game... but for heavens sake... we drive til the cows come home! 3 1/2 hour round trip.. plus 3 hour game time.. doesn't leave time for much else.....

ah....summer! Going to try to get busy this morning.. I am moving slow, car-lag... haha!
    Verda... your cabin sounds awesome! WHy go home???????
    You said shades of green for the walls... what shades, like neon green... you said bright for one wall and light on others... just trying to visualize? Like a forest green, or grass green... I love green and purple! Heather is right.. you are always so on top of it!!

Heather.... doesn't seem possible... that you were even gone for 12 days, ,let alone heading back to work! TIme... just flies way to fast!
    Hope you're doing ok Ivy... thinking of you!
  • makeitallsue
    I'm back... :bigsmile:
    4/7 with 2 mile speed walk and then Yogini...
    gonna try to sew for an hour, then take a swim..shower and off to another baseball game :glasses:
  • vhuber
    WTG Debra!!!! I hope the game is just for watching tonite!!! My green is more neon green that a yellow green. Yes purple would look nice with this green but not so much in a cabin nor a kitchen in a cabin! I think I am going to go with some cobalt blue decor to off set the green and keep it in a water flow! You know what i mean right? I actually HATE decorating, although sooo many say I do great but I'd much rather lead a fitness class!:laugh:

My workout today burned a ton of cals!
    6/7 was painting (635 cals), JMBR wrkout #10 (413 cals), and JMBR cardio #3 (470 cals)
    Now I am sittin on my deck with my furries having a red beer!!! I might even have 2 or 3!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • thinktank32k
    thinktank32k Posts: 716
    Hi everyone,
    I am back. The trip was fantastic. Had 31 close friends and family there to celebrate with us. And oh boy did we celebrate. Plenty of food and drink to go around and around again. All inclusive is the way to go. I enjoyed sharing my day with them. He was soooo handsome in his white tuxedo on the white beach. What more could someone ask for. So I will begin my workout schedule again either tomorrow or monday, because I have about 10 more lbs I would like to get off me.

I will catch on what everyone has been doing tomorrow.
  • vhuber
    thinktank, CONGRATULATIONS!! Welcome back AND THANK YOU for sharing your special day with us! What a BEAUTIFUL couple!!!
  • makeitallsue
    Congrats Thinktank!!!! Yes beautiful photos!! Thanks for sharing!!!

I finished last week 4/7... the game Friday night went well...we kicked some butt ..Yes Verda, I got to watch that one, it was a highschool game... but Saturday morning it was a double header at our home field and I had to do concessions because the gals that were supposed to work it for me had to run their daughters in other directions... I didn't mind, I had some help from a few other moms.. but it was a waste of a day.. the other team brought grills and cooked out on their own and it was just so hot, the umps didn't want to be there... I ran the scoreboard one game and the ump wasnt happy with how fast I was getting the balls and strikes put up ( remember I am also running the concession stand).. I finally told him that he was getting paid the big bucks for keeping track of the balls and strikes... I was a volunteer doing the scoreboard.. so ya... SHUTUP! The nreve of saome people... that got me all worked up so sad to say... I didn't work out when I got home and instead grabbed a beam and coke and headed to the pool to swim around a bit.....
    SUnday I did get a walk and a good swim in..... so 1/7 so far.. 92* today and humid...so what ever I am going to do today.. I had better get on it! not feeling well... probably my crappy weekend!

Have a great week everyone!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Congrats Aila!! You looked wonderful in your dress!!

Debra--I think that you took it easy on the ump--I would have chewed him a new one!!

Verda--I can definitely see you as a fitness instructor! I personally love decorating--or at least making the decisions and having hubby follow through with most of the physical work, although I am a good edger and get stuck doing all the edging when we paint!!

I ended last week at 2/7 with 40 min on the elliptical on Friday. I'm 1/7 so far this week with 20 minutes on the treadmill. I was planning a longer run, but Blake had other plans and decided he did not feel like napping!!

Better run--I hear Olivia waking up from her nap. Having 2 kids sleeping for more than one hour at the same time would definitely be asking for too much, right? :laugh:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Hey guys. I'm back. Had a triple header in the life sucks department but I'm bouncing back slowly.
    1/7 today walking on treadmill and 2 miles with leslie so far.

Thinktank congrats on the nuptials. You looked fantastic in your dress!!
    Debra- Volunteering can be a pain sometimes but your boy is worth the effort
    Verda- congrats on the new deck. Enjoy!
  • makeitallsue
    Oh Gosh...everyone must be busy... no posts for 2 DAYS!
    Hope you are all well and juts to busy to get here.....
    2/7, elliptical
    3/7 45 minute crazy swim with using water as resistance ... worked all major muscle groups, /jumps, etc... looked like a crazy woman, but was able to circulate the pool myself...haha
    4/7 2 mile walk on treadmill, at a 6 incline..kept the speed at 4.0. speed walk... then a swim after,
    It has been high 90*s here all week and I have to say it has been taking it out of me.. I fell asleep last night at 8 pm.... I have been geting up super early to do the cooking and yard stuff before it heats up... but gosh... I have really been thinking about an air conditioner... .... we have an old farm house and can't find any to fit our windows... but I also haven't tried real hard... I bet walmart even sells a little one... if this keeps up... I am gonna splurge!
    Hope you are all well!
    Heather.. hugs on your "no sleep " problem... young kids take so much out of you..... YOu will be heading back to work soon right? Wow, that time has flown by!
    Ivy... I hate to hear that a triple header of life sucks knocked on your door.... Way to go... bouncing back is bouncing back... no matter how slow... just keep goin girl!!
    Verda... hope you are having safe travels!
    Aila ???? How's it going girl?? hope you're all giddy and blissfull.....
  • vhuber
    Sorry ladies! I will post when I get home! Probably Friday morning! Keep putting one foot in front of the other!!:wink:
  • makeitallsue
    Just come home safe Verda!!
    5/7 for me with 2 1/2 hours swinging the "swing blade" cutting down thistles in the pony field, then also about 30 mins of hedge trimming with the scissor hedge cutters... it got so hot on me.. I stopped, had to get ready for the game... I forgot to put on heart rate monitor... so I have no idea on my calorie burn :huh: , but I was sweating bullets! I am heading to the store this morning... might do something when I return home later.... then off to game one of our tournament at 7 :noway: :drinker:

I love it... I hate it.... no time to sew :cry:

have a great weekend everyone!
  • vhuber
    I'm HOME!!!!!
    I did not look to see if I mentioned I was in nutrition, policy and guidline classes all week for the school! Had a safe serve class on Tuesday which I was tested on and it was a 9 hr class!:noway: I think I did ok though!
    My car overheated TREMENDOUSLY about 15 miles out of town (I had to drive one way 330 miles). By the time the towing service arrived it was cooled down to add water and drive it to town. After dealing with that, my testing and all the LONG meetings I was trashed!! My husband had to come get me and the car! He and the garage think it is a blown head gasket!:grumble: Anyways I am now home, thank you Lord Jesus!!!!
    It is good to see you girls are still gettin after it! Way to go!!!
    Gosh Deb your heat with humidity sounds horrible and then NO air conditioner!! Yeah I think I would buy a room one if I were you. The bachelor man I clean for has a portable one in his house and it works really well! Take care and I trust that you are guzzling the water!:wink:
    I eneded last week 6/7 and this week has been 4/7 so far! I have been doing the JMBR and got on the hotel's treadmill. I will post later with today's workout!