2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• thinktank32k
    thinktank32k Posts: 716
    Hey everyone, Thanks so much, the day was awesome. However, I am finding it hard getting back on track, It is easy to workout when I am hom eby myself. Here, in MD for the summer with hubby different story lol. I say I am going to workout and then it gets shot to pieces when he comes in and lays on my lap. But I am trying to maintain some semblance of normal. I am 4/7 today.

It looks like everyone has been busy because I was able to catch up on the weeks activities quickly.

Everyone stay hydrated and cool this is day 2 of 100+ weather for me.
  • thinktank32k
    Happy Belated Debra !!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Welcome back Aila! Sounds like you're doing pretty well if you're already 4/7 for the week!
    Debra, I definitely vote for AC!!! When hubby and I lived in Pittsburgh we didn't have AC for the first summer and about died!!! It was an easy decision for us to add central AC, but of course the furnace had been replaced and the duct work was ready for it.
    Verda--what a horrible day! Glad you made it home safely and are still rocking it out!
    Ivy--so sorry that you're going through a hard time. It seems as though you've had more than your fair share of badness. :frown:

As for me, my 2/7 yesterday was a 3 mile treadmill run, and today I'm 3/7 with 2 mile treadmill run plus 25 minutes on my elliptical. I will try to get some activity in tomorrow morning, but will be busy most of the day preparing for a party we're hosting. I'm having all my residents (15) and their spouses/kids/etc over to celebrate the graduation of our senior residents, and also to welcome in my new interns! Should be fun, but hectic since we'll have about 25 folks here!!

Hope you're all doing well! This is my LAST weekend before heading back to work next Wednesday!!! :sad: Part of me is so sad to leave hubby and kiddos at home, but the other part of me is excited to get back to doing what I do best!!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Hey friends... Just time for a quick post.... We won last night, so back to the ball park at 1 today for another round.. we could play up to three games today depending on our outcome! Did mostly cleaning and shopping yesterday , so still sitting at 5/7 but A few moms and myserlf will be walking for an hour before the first game today.... so looks like I could get 6/7 this week... will let you know~

:heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: Oh Verda... hate to hear of your trouble....:flowerforyou: glad you are home safe... how stressful for you... you are so to be commended for keeping at your schedule, you better have yourself a dinner at that pub you love with the prime rib :bigsmile: ... Wish I could take you there myself!!! :drinker: :drinker:

Heather.. I thought it was getting closer for ou to get back to your work schedule.... I bet hubby will miss you!!! (and your little ones too!) BUt i love that you know what you do best and are ready to get back at it!!!! Wow...sounds like a busy weekend for you!
    Hello Ivy ...hope you are smiling today!!:bigsmile:
    Aila.... wow, your weather sounds even hotter than mine here in Indiana... we have some relief today...:laugh: :laugh: only calling for 86* :wink: ....
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    2/7 yesterday with the Firm yesterday
    3/7 with Taebo basic today. I did 1 segment of 6 pack abs thurs but not counting it since is was only like 10-15 min.

Verda, you are a trooper. :drinker: :drinker: Glad you were able to get a towing service and get home. I hope it is a simple repair. Breaking down is a pain.

Thinktank enjoy your honeymoon.

Debra hope the games go well.

Heather. You leave seem so short. I guess times flies when your having fun. I'm sure your patients will be glad you are back.
  • thinktank32k
    Today gives me 5/7.

Verda car troouble is the worse but thank goodness it is taken care of.

Heather Oh No!!! Back to work!!! Time does fly.

Debra Hope you win some more games, stay cool and hydrated

Ivy nice job, I havent done Taebo in forever.

And Ivy Yes I am enjoying the honeymoon. It's even better because I dont go back to work til August.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Good girls for gettin after it!!!:drinker: :drinker:
    Yesterday (5/7) was 5 miles with my furries. 3 in the morning and 2 in the evening.
    Today( 6/7) was 5 miles so far and WILL get in 6 more before I go to bed! I HAVE to avewrage 11 miles per day to make my mileage challenge!:noway: I CAN do it!!
  • vhuber
    The day got away from me and I did NOT get in the 6 I was suppose to! Now I REALLY got to work this week!
  • ivykivy
    1/7 35 min of the Firm
  • vhuber
    1/7 was 11 miles on bike, 1 mile on treadmill and after the wind went down a notch (it was 30 to 35 mph all day) I took my furries for a 3 mile fast walk!! If I keep moving like this I WILL reach my mileage challenge!!! Hope you all had a great weekend!!!!
  • makeitallsue
    sorry to not get back on.... I did finish last week 6/7...got that walk in with the ladies...

Started the week 1/7 with a run back in our woods... hubby mowed the trail for me cus I was whining that it was so tall back there.... he came home a sweaty mess... so I thought I better get my butt out of the pool and go for a run.... :bigsmile: It was a nice run... probably only around 2 miles... forgot to wear my ipod/nike to see for sure!

Today I have been busy cleaning up after the weekend....
    We didnt do so well, finished 4th. In game 2 of our tournament... in the middle of the game, 6th inning.... a parent of one of our players went nuts on our coach???? It was crazy... he was asking him "to fight" him.... not sure WTH was going on?? Felt so bad for his son...whom actually made an error that the other team was able to score the winning run. I am not blaming the kid at all... his father...on the other hand???? Really???? this man is 50 yrs old and suppose to be an Eagle scout master of the boys scouts.... really???? so sad.... this parent did all of this right beside our dugout??? :explode: :explode: grr...this world is crazy!

We are suppose to have a nice cool day today...so after I finish laundry I am heading out for a walk/run... I think... I will let you know!
    Have a great day ladies!!!
  • vhuber
    WAY TO BRING IT LADIES!!!

Debra, it is sad when parents do stuff like that. As if the kid didn't feel bad enough the way it was!! jeesh!
    That was very nice of the hubs to mow you a path. My inlaw nieces and nephews use to ride around and around in the pasture on the 4 wheeler to where there was a perfect biking trail with steep hills etc; but since they moved into town they rarely come out so it is all grass covered again. I take the dusty road to the hiway and cruise along like I did today!

I have to admit I REALLY moved my @ss today! 16 on the bike and 1 walking the dogs plus my Jillian Michaels Body rev workout #11. I am into my last 2 weeks of this program so that means TUFF (Totally Unhinged Female Fitness)!! I definitely earned my 2/7!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Hello all!!

I ended last week with 4/7 and 2 mile run on saturday before our big party. The party was great, though hubby screwed up and thought that the salmon burgers I had bought and hidden in the deep freezer were fair game, so of course people wanted that rather than regular burgers. :grumble: Oh well, I guess they wanted to be healthy too!!

My 1/7 today was a 2.5 mile run @ 6mph plus warm up and cool down walk. I spent the majority of the day doing cooking for freeze ahead crockpot meals. That way hubby has no excuse not to have dinner ready each night! I think that I have about 15 days worth of meals in the freezer and combine that with quick grilling stuff like salmon, chicken, salmon / turkey burgers and I think that we're set for the first month!!!

I really can't believe that tomorrow is my LAST DAY of maternity leave ever!!!! Where did the time go? I'll never have this much time off consecutively until I retire when I'm 95. :wink:

I'm glad to see that you ladies are still bringing it each and every day!!!! I'm going to need A LOT of motivation to keep it consistent once I get back to work. I'll go ahead and put my goals out here and you ladies can hold me accountable. My plan is 2 early mornings during the week for 25-30 minutes of cardio, plus weight workouts in the evenings on three nights (hubby is on board, planning to do this after kiddos go down--he even installed a ceiling mount pull-up bar and put our squat rack back together again today!) and one longer cardio session on the weekend. That is the goal, so we'll see how close we get. I know that today I felt like a zombie--Blake went down at 9pm last night, so I was in bed by 10pm but he woke up at 11pm, 2am, 4am, 5:30am and I finally got up with him for good at 7:30am. I tell you, the early morning planned workouts are going to take A TON of willpower on my part to follow through if he keeps this schedule up!!!

Better get some things taken care of and get to bed! Have a great evening ladies!!!
  • ivykivy
    2/7 42 min of the Firm and treadmill combined

Happy Tuesday!
  • vhuber
    Hey it's Tuesday where are my fit friends??? Oh I bet they are too busy working out!:wink:

My 3/7 was 15 miles in 75 minutes!!!
  • makeitallsue
    Hey Ladies.... 2/7 on Monday with a 4 mile walk/run... didn't feel well for some reason?? DId manage to make dinner and cinnamon rolls for my family and my son's girlfriend and her family. but hit the sack early
    Yesterday I got up...did chores and then a migraine hit me/.... :explode: , hate how those stop me in my tracks... ended up laying back down from 10- noon?????? then crap when I got up... rushed to get things done... no fitness! I still have that dull throb this morning.... jeez.... I hate being old! :cry: :cry:

Heather..today is your first day back to work, right? Good luck!!!
    Happy Wednesday Ivy!:bigsmile:

15 miles in 75 mins???? that's crazy Verda.. were you riding the bike? Or a combo... great job!!!
    Aila?? where are you Mrs. Newlywed ...:wink::bigsmile: :drinker:
  • vhuber
    Hey Ladies.... 2/7 on Monday with a 4 mile walk/run... didn't feel well for some reason?? DId manage to make dinner and cinnamon rolls for my family and my son's girlfriend and her family. but hit the sack early
    Yesterday I got up...did chores and then a migraine hit me/.... :explode: , hate how those stop me in my tracks... ended up laying back down from 10- noon?????? then crap when I got up... rushed to get things done... no fitness! I still have that dull throb this morning.... jeez.... I hate being old! :cry: :cry:

Heather..today is your first day back to work, right? Good luck!!!
    Happy Wednesday Ivy!:bigsmile:

15 miles in 75 mins???? that's crazy Verda.. were you riding the bike? Or a combo... great job!!!
    Aila?? where are you Mrs. Newlywed ...:wink::bigsmile: :drinker:

YES Deb it was the bike!!! I wished I could run that fast!!!:laugh: But it has been sooo hard riding cuz the wind does not cease! It was 36 mph today and I could only handle 5! My heart rate was 153 most of the way!!! Hope your head feels better! I had a horrible one today too! hate em:grumble: :grumble:

By the way that was my 4/7 besides painting!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Hello my fitness friends! I officially survived my first day back to work yesterday, and hubby survived with the kiddos! It is certainly a challenge getting up to be at work by 7:00 in the morning. I had the best intentions to get up and workout after the 5am feed with Blake this morning, but I had been up with him for an hour from 2 until 3am so I was just too tired. I keep telling myself that this kid has to start sleeping a little better. I think that once my body gets used to getting back on the work schedule I can then try to throw in a couple early morning workouts after the 5am feeds.

So for now I'm still sitting at 1/7 for the week. We're heading to the mountains tomorrow after work, so I am *hoping* for a morning run after the 5am feed tomorrow, but we will see how the night goes tonight!!

Debra--I hate that those migraines are so terrible! Headaches that last for hours or days are just incapacitating.
    Verda--I can't imagine those crazy winds--you constantly amaze me at how nothing stops you!
    Ivy--glad to see you're still going strong-hope all is well!
    Aila--guess you're still getting back into a rhythm after the honeymoon. Hope you're doing well!

Keep up the fabulous work ladies, and I promise I will be back in the groove as soon as I possibly can! :smile:

Keep up the fabulous work ladies
  • thinktank32k
    Hi everyone. I am here lol. It is hard trying to do everything knowing I only have a month before I head back to GA. With the economy the way it is we decide to keep our jobs until the federal government has an opening for him to be able to move into in GA. So I am trying to enjoy every moment. After the summer we will see each other 1 or 2 weekends a month. we have been doing this for 3 years so I tell myself one more year wont be so bad.

So I am 4/7 yesterday. I have been running with my sister. I am so glad that I was able to motivate her into thinking about her health and the benefits of running.

Heather back to work already? Glad to her your husband survuved it lol
    Verda you are as the kids say "you are in beast mode" 16 miles well done
    Debra hope the headaches go away. I get very bad headaches when I am weaning off prednisone. it is absolutely the worse feeling.

Hope everyone has a happy Thursday.
  • vhuber
    I've been thinking of you Heather!! Gosh I don't know how YOU career mommies can do this, I'd be such of a mess!!! But you have a very important job and an awesome husband and father who is very supportive of both! I can only say, workout WHEN it is right for you and Blake, those little ones always since things and it could be what is keeping him from sleeping soundly, who knows! Sorry to say this but my oldest son did not sleep all night till he was three!!!

Today to earn my 5/7 I rode (light wind today!) 13 miles all around our cabin area and I only had to hop off and push on one hill. Just about made it, was standing up straight and was not going anywhere :laugh:! It was a very pretty ride, spooking up the deer and having sun and fresh air! I also took the furries for a 2 mile walk this evening after it cooled down some!!! We got the cabinets and the counter in today!!!!! It looks AWESOME!!! My husband is very talented and I am an awesome gopher!!! I also unloaded all my brick pavers I plan to lay before the 4th! Now those buggers are heavy!!!