One Year Later, 100+ loss (pics)

Options

Replies

• jenslife82
    jenslife82 Posts: 229
    Options
    What an inspiration! Ty so much for sharing!!
  • helenmc40
    helenmc40 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    WOW, what an inspirational story!! You killed it, you are living proof of what hard work and dedication can give you......a life!!
    Reading stories like yours is what gives me hope that one day, I too will be lucky enough to be one of the MFP success stories.

Well done and keep us posted on how you keep doing. :happy:
  • 40Club
    40Club Posts: 47
    Options
    I am so SOOOOO happy and PROUD of you!!! Yoiu can do this and YOU HAVE done GREAT! I enjoyed reading your post and can relate. I once weighed close to 300 lbs and at 5 '1 that was horrible...I certainly didn't feel great. It's been 10 + years for me to get where I am. So I've been here on MFP for a little over a month now and looking forward to reaching my final goal.

WE can do this! Keep up the GREAT WORK!:happy:
  • chriscm70
    chriscm70 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! and thank you for sharing your story :-)
  • abcmom03
    abcmom03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Such a great story from such a beautiful lady! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • hollyelee
    hollyelee Posts: 18
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. It really is a sad commentary that people were so cruel to you. I'm sorry for those experiences, they must have been difficult.

Congratulations on your success...not just the weight loss, but dealing with things differently, building new coping skills, and improving your overall health. Those are all fantastic accomplishments!
  • blacksheepwhitecrow
    Options
    Amazing! I was having such a bad day, feeling like I'll never lose the weight, but seeing this woke me back up! You're an inspiration and I only hope I can do as well.
  • undeniablebutterfly
    Options
    You are so beautiful! Your story is absolutely amazing and incredibly inspiring. Thank you for sharing your success! Your hard work is really paying. Congratulations!
  • melx123
    melx123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! You look great.
  • vice1989
    vice1989 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I cant believe how different your face look! congrats !
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    just..... wow.
  • typingathome
    typingathome Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Truly inspirational!
  • limetiger76
    Options
    Hey there,

Awesome work! Great for your improved health & self-esteem. I used to weigh 120Kg (264.5 pounds) and after separating from my partner dropped healthily to 60Kg (132pounds).
    People around me started giving me more attention, started to treat me with respect. You are right. There is a stigma attached to being a large girl. I dropped half my body weight, and I never once stopped seeing myself as a "fat" person.
    It always surprised me when people made positive comments.

It helped me work out, though, who are genuine people and who are full of it. I made a lot of "friends" when I was slimmer who disappeared when I put some of my weight back on.

It's forever a struggle, but a worthwhile one. The feeling when you don't have to rely on insulin, the feeling you get when you start singing again for the first time in years because your mental health improves with fitness is incredible.
    "Fat Me" takes a lot of things to heart, dwells on trivial stuff and feels angry for no reason
    "Healthy Me" Tends to sing in the shower, laugh more and feel positive.

Awesome work. The greatest achievement in one's life is self-approval. :)
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    Your story brought me to tears! Fantastic work. I don't even know you but I am so proud of you.
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    There are so many congratulatory comments on here I am not sure this will add anything at all, but I read your story and felt compelled to say firstly well done, you have made a truly heroic effort and now are reaping the rewards of all that hard work and dedication. You look incredible, congratulations. Secondly, I look through these sorts of posts because they give me motivation and inspiration to carry on. You should be proud of your achievements but even more proud of the example you have set for others and the motivation and inspiration you give me (and probably others) not to give up but imagine how we will look when we have acheived what you have proved is possible. thanks for sharing your story.
  • jonniemomof9ak
    jonniemomof9ak Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    BEAUTIFUL!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your story.
  • sz82b
    sz82b Posts: 2
    Options
    I officially joined MFP this morning and your post is the first one I chose to read because I have 100+ pounds to lose. Thank you, thank you for sharing! It is what I needed. I have always quit whatever diet of the day I was on when the new wore off or the busy-ness of life got in the way. Your success due to determination and learning how to deal with emotions instead of stuffing them down with food really hit the mark. I am mad for letting myself get to this point and I am committed as of TODAY to change my life forever! You are beautiful, thank you!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look awesome! Your hard work shows!
  • coolbluecris
    coolbluecris Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wow !!!

You were beautiful before and you are beautiful now, but now you are healthy, and that's the biggest reason to keep doing what you're doing. You're healthy !! You've let go of all the baggage that was holding you back, and you are radiating !! Love your words and your photos. Huge big hugs to you, having gone through a separation myself I know that it is hard, and I wish you a full happy life and love for now and the future xxx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!