One Year Later, 100+ loss (pics)

Options

Replies

• tiffhunt21
    tiffhunt21 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You are wonderful, and looking fantastic! You're such an inspiration, and wish you nothing but success on your journey! I hope to be able to get and stay as strong as you are, love your story! Do you mind if I add you on MFP?
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    You are so gorgeous and inspiring!
  • Noel1114
    Noel1114 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Incredible story, be really proud of yourself.
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options
    Excellent work! You are a completely different person!
  • katzav
    katzav Posts: 67
    Options
    great work! you look fantastic!
  • brminor
    brminor Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look great!
  • AllyBooMommyof2
    Options
    Awesome job! Well done you look amazing! :) Congrats girl! :)
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Your post made me cry! I am so happy for you!!! ....thank you so much for sharing your story as it has truly touched my heart! And one other thing....you look amazing!
  • EuphonyChloeH
    EuphonyChloeH Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow this is such an amazing journey, to think you were going to have surgery but instead conquered it yourself! I am truly impressed and inspired - you're such a lovely woman! Very proud of you and looking forward to hearing about that final 50 pounds!
  • tenikb02
    tenikb02 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    All I have to say is WOW. Your story touched me as I read and really made me put my complaints in check. I have to do it for me just as you have. You're amazing. Keep up the good work. Stories like this make my day. Here's to 100lbs gone!:drinker:
  • Dawners98
    Dawners98 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Your post gave me goosebumps! If you're like me, you may not notice the weight loss every day, but I hope you take the time each day to really think about just how far you've come! It is truly an amazing journey and I'm so happy for you that you found the inner strength to do it. We all have it in us, we just have to find it! Congratulations on an amazing weight loss and enjoy your continued success. You look amazing and so alive now, it's just breathtaking. Enjoy living your life for you now, instead of living it for food. I know I do! :)
  • bmaxwell31
    bmaxwell31 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    congrats....very inspiring
  • JenBalderas
    JenBalderas Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! to see your weight loss is soo motivating!!
  • TennisQtpye
    TennisQtpye Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    This is simply great!! Congrats!!!!!!!!
  • lauraellen101
    Options
    This is so inspirational and has made me feel emotional reading about your struggles and thoughts...you are clearly a fantastic and beautiful person inside and out! These photos are simply fantastic and I wish you all the strength and determination in the world to keep going; you're the perfect example of what hard work and perseverance can get you! <3
  • jenntx2000
    jenntx2000 Posts: 28
    Options
    Congrats on your one year! You look fantastic!
  • bookfaery
    bookfaery Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely stunning! Congrats on fighting your food demons, and the depression monster. Be strong, lady, and pick yourself up if you fall. It's a battle, I know, but you are winning it!
  • rysprincess94
    rysprincess94 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Such a wonderful story and amazing transformation. Wishing you the best as you move forward from all your old demons. I hope I can write one of these posts a year from now!
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful, inside and out :)
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone so today is my one year anniversary on MFP. It has been a painful/heartbreaking process as well as a beautiful one. My heighest recorded weight was 362.5 pounds I believe I have weighed more however. I've always been an overweight/obese person even in my childhood. I was always the 'fattest' girl in the room. I'm used to people spitting on me and calling me names and being rejected every day from society. I sufferred from really bad self-esteem, depression, type 2 diabetes (injected insulin five times a day) and very high blood pressure. I remember being almost hospitilized for my diabetes and always having a really red face and sweating and just feeling so sick. I had doctors tell me I wouldn't make it to thirty years old.

I don't have alot of pictures of myself but the ones to follow here are from around 2010.

3601.jpg

36013.jpg

360.jpg

I was seeing a bariatric surgeon who promised me from the time I saw him to my surgery day it would be around 3-5 years. In June 2011 I had already been seeing him for 7 years an he told me he would now accept me for surgery after I had recently lost 40 pounds. I had lost 40 pounds by going through a seperation from my husband, stress and trying to not eat every meal at Mcdonalds (which was one of my big weaknesses as well as CHIPS). Well my surgeon let me know that it would be another 3 years until my surgery date. Something inside of me snapped. I just got really mad. Mad at the system, mad at the world, mad at myself and thought "*kitten* THIS, I'll do it myself".
    My friend Heather told me about MFP....so I signed up.

It's been a year. I now weigh 244.8 pounds and have another 54 to loose. I have cried and had mental break downs about every ten pounds down. I have gone through having to deal with my emotions for the first time instead of stuffing them down with food. I have had to learn about coping skills, what food really is and how screwed up society really is about one's size. I am continualy shocked about how 'fat' people are treated differently and the judgements that are passed to them. I have a ways to go and I know I will get there. I no longer take insulin for my diabetes, infact I am on zero medication for diabetes, I control it through diet and excercise. I am on one blood pressure medication out of five. I can breathe, I can dance I can laugh.

2501.jpg

250.jpg

2502-1.jpg

I always eat my excercise calories, I own an HRM and love the gym. I have my bad days as a former binger and it still happens but I get right back up an start again. Thanks for reading and I wish everyone success no matter how small or big their goals may be.

Good for you. I am so proud of you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!