Summer Challenge

Options

Replies

• LadySuze
    LadySuze Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm checking in!

First of all, Thank you so much for making the time to make a spreadsheet. It looks amazing! :D

SW:176.4
    W1:172.6
    W2:172.6
    GW:154

So I didn't lose any weight this week, but I'm just glad I didn't gain anything :D

Now, for the challenges:
    - Pick one thing you should cut out of your diet and CUT IT OUT for the week - I'm going to cut out sweets! (I tend to eat a couple every week, which isn't bad, but I'll cut them out this week.
    - Add FIFTEEN MINUTES of exercise to your normal routine - I won't be doing any exercise until my knees stop hurting :s I want to go swimming, but I'm in the middle of my final exams and haven't got the time to go to a swimming pool. I'm studying non-stop for at least another week and a half.
    - Share your STORY with the group - why are you here and what motivated you to lose weight? - I've always been chubby, even when I was little, but I gained about 25 lbs when I went to college. I've lost the weight before, but I gained it all back.
    The thing that I want to do differently this time is working out. I didn't really exercise when I was on a diet before, and I want to change that. I want to be fitter than I am now. :D

Keep up the good work everybody :D You're all doing amazing :heart:
  • sark1971
    sark1971 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Stayed the same this week at 179.5.
  • kyrstin__1188
    kyrstin__1188 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    SW: 139
    W1: 139
    W2: 138
    GW: 129

Loss: 1 pound :)
  • branohockey
    branohockey Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    SW: 150.2
    W1: 147.4
    W2: 147.0
    Loss this week 0.4

Disappointing when I consider the tremendous exercise numbers I recorded, but understandable when I consider the no-holding-back graduation party I had on Sunday. I'll bound back this week!

MarieB
  • lauravenhaus
    Options
    Good Morning! I'm a day late checking in...

SW - 195
    CW - 193

No loss this week, but last week was crazy, so I'm just glad I didn't go up.

Pick one thing you should cut out of your diet and CUT IT OUT for the week! I'm eliminating alcohol this week

Add FIFTEEN MINUTES of exercise to your normal routine. Taking my sweet dog for a walk each morning - she's very happy about this!

Share your STORY with the group - why are you here and what motivated you to lose weight? The short version of the story is that last year was a very, very stressful year and I managed to gain twenty pounds in one year. When life finally calmed down and got back to being good, I realized I had stopped paying attention to me and was shocked by what the scale had to say. I've realized that if you don't pay attention to your life it quickly gets out of hand. Paying attention to the little things, both good and bad these days and working hard to get back to a more comfortable weight.
  • JenniferEM2012
    JenniferEM2012 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Sorry this is a day late.

SW= 200
    WK 1= 195
    WK 2= 195

WK 1 Chalenges:
    Recipe = Stuffed bell peppers
    Cardio 4 times= I only did 3 but I was on track.
    Add Veggies and fruit: I did all days but 6/11

I did not lose any this week but it is better then gaining. I was not able to work out since saturday because of the fire that we have in our county.

WK 2 Challenges:

-Cut something out.
    I do not really eat that much un healthy stuff since I joined but I do snack on a little bit of candy at work and have 1 soda a week. That is what I am going to cut out. and since I can not wok out I will stay under calories a lot more than normal.

- Add 5 min to workout.
    I am not able to do this. I have had to stop the workouts due to smoke. It has gotten into the apartment and into the gym. I have really bad asthma and I can not breathe just from walking into work from the car or into my apartment. I am doing little stuff around the house but nothing major.

- My story:
    I am 26 years old. I m about to get married in 5 weeks and always thought I should lose weight before the wedding. I started to really focus on losing weight in April when my fiancé got me a personal trainer. This helped because he pushes me past my limits and I know now when I workout on my own that I can go faster or longer. I am not totally happy with the weight I will be for my wedding but since I have started to workout I feel a lot better about my self. I start MFP to help me with the cal part of losing the weight.
  • naasirab
    naasirab Posts: 43
    Options
    Check-in:
    SW:149
    CW: 145

Now, for the challenges:

- Hmm.. I'm going to cut out anything fried and if my mother decides to make it..my beloved cornbread :c .. but I think the cornbread is what slowed my progress in my previous week :/

- Add FIFTEEN MINUTES of exercise to your normal routine - I will be adding an extra day of 45 mins of strength training a week.. that's about 15 min a day for 3 days if you want to divy it up.

- Share your STORY with the group - I have always been a little chubby too. I don't ever recall having a flat stomach at all. My mother introduced me to this site and now I am on it more than her! What motivated me to lose weight was that after going through an emotional break down the last month of school I put on a few pounds not much, but it made me realize I was tired of being chubby and wanted to get fit for once in my life! So its been 3 weeks of working out and pushing my body ways that I never have before and trying to watch what I eat and now I'm 20% to my goal weight loss of 20lbs.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    The spreadsheet will go up tomorrow :)
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Pick one thing you should cut out of your diet and CUT IT OUT for the week
    Frozen pre-made foods, everything will be fresh and homemade.

- Add FIFTEEN MINUTES of exercise to your normal routine
    Typical = 45min (cardio and strength) or 60 min (just cardio).
    Plus 15 = 60 min (cardio and strength) or 75 min (just cardio).
    I dont know if this is possible. I will try, hopefully my muscles wont give out on me.

- Share your STORY with the group - why are you here and what motivated you to lose weight?
    I am 22 years old and I don't want to be over weight anymore. I though I was fat when I was in high school but looking back at the pictures I wish I could have that body again. I gained a lot after high school. January 2011 I began WW with my mom. I lost 10lbs and felt great. Then in August I went to my family reunion in my dress-like bathing suit next to my cousins all in bikinis. I didn't feel so good after that and gave up. Christmas Eve 2011 my boyfriend proposed!! I am determined to look amazing in my wedding dress. I had started my diet (again) Jan 3 2012 with WW. I wasn't going anywhere. So I gave up. I told myself that my fiance loves me no matter what size I am, which of course is true, but I was lying to myself about how heavy I was. April I had joined MFP but didnt really use it. A co worker who I have always seen as larger than I, had asked me where I buy my clothes because "we are on the same page." I wanted to cry. Then in May I began working out with a friend who is also engaged and we both started using MFP. Here I am a month later and 6lbs down! only 31 more to go. I am determined this time to stick with it and change my life.
  • twistyBee
    twistyBee Posts: 63
    Options
    Good Morning, sorry for the late post but I was travelling for work.

Weighing in at 145lb this week...no loss...but I will take maintaining, seeing as how I had a weekend birthday bash for my best friend! I did pretty good at adding fruits and veggies, seeing as how I can finally get watermelon and fresh berries for a decent price in the grocery store! Here is my recipe...for those of you who have never had it..just give it a shot and your life will be changed, it is so yummy (and cheap/easy to make)!

Make-Over Corn Casserole
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 15 • Size: about 2-2/3 x 3 inch piece • Old Points: 4 pt • Points+: 6 pts
    Calories: 211 • Fat: 3.6 g • Carbs: 42.1 • Fiber: 2.1 • Protein: 6.8 g • Sugar: 8.6
    Sodium: 636.2 mg

Ingredients:
    8.5 oz corn muffin mix
    15.25 oz can sweet yellow corn, drained
    14.75 oz can sweet corn cream style
    16 oz fat free Greek yogurt
    1/4 cup melted light butter (Land O Lakes Whipped)
    1/2 cup egg whites
    cooking spray (I used Smart Balance)

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350°. Spray an 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.

In a large bowl combine all the ingredients and mix with a spoon, it will be fluffy and you will think you did something wrong, don't worry, you are doing fine. Pour into baking dish and bake 55-60 minutes, or until the edges are golden. Let it cool a few minutes before cutting. Makes 15 pieces.

Hoping that extra 15 minutes each day will make a difference! Here is to a good week!
  • bbagnell13
    bbagnell13 Posts: 31
    Options
    I think I typed my wrong starting weight, can you correct it on your spreadsheet. It was 188.

SW - 188
    CW - 180.4
    GW - 165

I ate more salads this week and started having snacks of carrots and apples during the week.

I didn't add anything to my routine last week :-(
  • bbagnell13
    bbagnell13 Posts: 31
    Options
    - Pick one thing you should cut out of your diet and CUT IT OUT for the week - ice cream, I have a weakness of eating ice cream with my kids once or twice a week. I am going to CUT IT OUT!!

- Add FIFTEEN MINUTES of exercise to your normal routine - started Wii Fit for 30 minutes in the morning, started on wednesday

- Share your STORY with the group - why are you here and what motivated you to lose weight? I had twins 8 1/2 years ago then had another daughter 5 1/2 years ago. I was 50 lbs above where I was when I got pregnant with my twins and 30 lbs above where I was when I get pregnant the second time. I don't know if I will ever get back down to 138 however, I want to lose as much as I can so I can make sure I am leading a healthy life and teaching my children to do so. I want to be around to see my grandchildren!!
  • KathShum2012
    Options
    SW: 151.8
    CW: 151
    GW: 140

I have had a hard past week with lots of challenges in starting a new job. There has been a lot of emotional stress as well, so I am hoping to have a better week and start fresh today. It looks like so many people are doing really well and that is helping me to keep on going. Even though I have had a rough week and no weight lost I will carry on.

My goals for this week are to drink more water, exercise everyday, and stay under my caloric goal. Glad to be a part of this group!!!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Well here is my recipe still from the other challenge. Sorry its late. But they are very yummy and healthy.

Flaxseed, Wheat, and Bran Muffins

High fiber, healthy breakfast muffin.

Minutes to Prepare: 10

Minutes to Cook: 25

Number of Servings: 24

Ingredients

1 C.flaxseed ground
    1 C whole wheat flour
    1 C. Oat Bran
    1 C. Brown sugar
    2 tsp. Baking soda
    1 tsp Baking Powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    2 tbsp. Cinnamon
    1 1/2 C. shredded Carrots
    2-3 Apples, cored and chopped up or shredded
    1/2 C. Chopped nuts (optional)
    1/2 c. Raisins (optional)
    3/4 C. 2 % milk
    2 Eggs, beaten
    1 tsp. Vanilla

Directions

Mix flour, flaxseed, bran, sugar and dry ingredients together. Shred carrots and apples and add these along with optional raisins and nuts to dry ingredients. Mix well. Stir together milk eggs and vanilla and stir this into batter until well moistened. Fill cupcake papers until 3.4 full and bake at 350* for 20 to 25 minutes.
    Makes 24 med muffins.
    ( freeze them in ziplock bag, then just pull one out each morning and will be ready to eat 20 minutes later on the way to work! )

Number of Servings: 24

Calories per muffins is approx. 115
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    The thing I am going to cut out is popcorn. I eat it with way to much salt.

A little about me. All through high school I was thin. When I met my husband in 1998 I was 107 pounds, then sometime in my later 20's I started to gain weight and fast, it was like one day I woke up and the clothes didn't fit any more. Since then I have had 2 children, a son in 2005 and a daughter in 2008. I had at least 30-40 pounds that needed to come off for my to feel good about myself again. I started on MFP at 175 (I am 5ft 7.5 in), and I am currently down to 152. My lowest weight was in Feb when I got down to 149/. I just seem to be stuck here. I love having the group and being able to post, and making connections with people who feel the same. I would love to get to 140, but have huge belly issues with all the excess flab from the pregnancies. I find I fall of track easy, one week I will be very dedicated with excerise and then the next I get slack. I love walking and jogging, so I have been trying to do lots of that. I am going to draw myself a little program so I can incorporate some weights in for arms, and exercises for legs and abs, so everyday I can do one, one day arms, next day abs, third day legs, then repeat. So if anyone has any small programs they would love to share that would be great. I love doing the little workouts off of the fitness magazine.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Renae
  • sullabye
    sullabye Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    a bit late on posting here. Didn't lose a pound, was too relaxed as I was on vacation. That'll teach me!
    I'm usually a huge fruit and veg eater, so I did well on that goal.
    The thing I'm going to cut out is *sob* ice cream!
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    CW: 173.0 I'm going to cut out pasta and potatoes for this week. I've no problem adding 15 minutes as I'm trying to successfully complete walking 100 miles in June.

My Story - I had a wake -up call last December when a co-worker had a heart attack in the bathroom at work. He had just turned 40 years old, was a dad, a veteran, and a friend. He wasn't overweight at all and other then the shrapnel and war injuries I thought he was pretty healthy. He had suffered a mild heart attack years before and had just had a physical that exclaimed he was healthy. As another co-worker and I went into action to save his life I just kept thinking this should've been me. I'm the unhealthy one. I was so overweight and out of shape. I had a very difficult time with the CPR. Of course the nerves didn't help. I was in complete shock and watched as his life slipped away. When paramedics took over I simply broke down. He died right in my arms.

We always teased each other (those of us that are in horrible shape) in the office about you shouldn't eat that or you'll have a heart attack. Of course we don't joke anymore. That scared the crap out of me. If he can die in this crap office then who's to say I'm not next. I was already getting more sever problems with my diabetes that I was afraid to even share with my closest friends and family. I knew they would just worry about me. But not anymore. I opened up and told them of my new years resolution which I started a little early and they supported me like they always have. Problem is I know they thought it was another short-term diet, and it's not. I still have days, and weeks where I struggle and can't seem to stick with the exercise or have bad food choices but this is the longest I've ever gone staying fully committed to making a change. I want to see my kids graduate, get married, have babies of their own. I want to travel the world but not in a wheel chair but with my running shoes on. What kind of example am I showing my kids by ignoring doctors orders and saying well if I gotta die young I may as well do it eating the foods I love. Man how wrong was I? I am doing this for me! I know it gets tedious for my family having to listen to me complain, and talk about diets, and exercise all the time but they do love me and support me. When I reach my goals and maintain them I'm hoping the struggle stops since everything will become habit. But at least now I have a real chance of actually being around! Thanks for listening to my story! Have a wonderful day!
  • abbysmom814
    abbysmom814 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge if I still can. I just found it today!

My name is Kimberly and I am 30 years old. I have a 4.5 year old daughter and I've been married for 9 years (today's my anniversary!).

My Starting Weight is 184.1.
    My Goal weight for this challenge is 169
    My ultimate goal weight is 160

I try to stay around 1550-1600 calories a day and try to make it to the gym 2-3 times a week.
  • livextoxrun
    Options
    Not having the best week. Haven't really been counting calories. I'm going to cut out milk and nut butters for the rest of the week.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Here's the spreadsheet, up-to-date!

https://docs.google.com/a/u.pacific.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au1jrXpKSwMddFU3SVFjYm5RLTN4NGxkbERydXRFcFE#gid=0

Top Losers for the Week:
    1. bbagnell13 - 7.6
    2. magtize - 4.6
    3. eava57 & ingalynn - 4.4
    4. andreamkelly - 4.3