for all the hopefull "wanna be" runners out there - trying t

Options

Replies

• nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Wow, for all you people out there running 3, 4, 5 miles, I don't think you can call yourself "wanna be" any more! Congrats! I started d1w5 of c25k this morning. It was another cold one, about 28 or so, and going to be a little colder the rest of the week. Ha ha! Bring it on! (whine, whimper!) :bigsmile:

I don't call anyone that runs, even if it is 2 minutes at a time, a "wannabe" runner. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Everyone is a runner! I tried to post things on the other topic, the MFB running club, but was consistently ignored. I guess they already have their clicks....

I think it is so awesome that you, Tabbydog and Steph are doing the c25k! I wish I would have known about that when I started running 10 years ago! Today is not a running day for me, so, some xtraining is in order!
    28degrees, I am glad I don't have to deal with much anymore!:bigsmile:
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    Well, I did my 5 miles today and I cut of 45 seconds! Not much....but I am glad!:happy: I hope everyone had a great weekend!

I can't wait until I am at the 5 mile mark!! I am at 2 miles right now. A slow 2 miles at that! But I still do them and don't walk any of it. Yay me.....:laugh: I will run tonight on my treadmill. I don't know how you guys do it in the cold weather. I am such a summer baby. :grumble:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for your support. I asked Amy this weekend if she was going to definitely run the 5k or not and offered to pay for her. She said she would definitely go if I paid for her because coming up with the money was her big concern. I told her we have to be there an hour early and she was agreeable to it and seemed excited about it and relieved about the money situation. She better not have ANY reason to back out once I pay for us because I will never let her hear the end of it. :frown:
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for your support. I asked Amy this weekend if she was going to definitely run the 5k or not and offered to pay for her. She said she would definitely go if I paid for her because coming up with the money was her big concern. I told her we have to be there an hour early and she was agreeable to it and seemed excited about it and relieved about the money situation. She better not have ANY reason to back out once I pay for us because I will never let her hear the end of it. :frown:

I hope she doesn't back out! Or she will deserve a smack down after you paid for it.
  • mommared53
    Options
    Wow, for all you people out there running 3, 4, 5 miles, I don't think you can call yourself "wanna be" any more! Congrats! I started d1w5 of c25k this morning. It was another cold one, about 28 or so, and going to be a little colder the rest of the week. Ha ha! Bring it on! (whine, whimper!) :bigsmile:

I don't call anyone that runs, even if it is 2 minutes at a time, a "wannabe" runner. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Everyone is a runner! I tried to post things on the other topic, the MFB running club, but was consistently ignored. I guess they already have their clicks....

I think it is so awesome that you, Tabbydog and Steph are doing the c25k! I wish I would have known about that when I started running 10 years ago! Today is not a running day for me, so, some xtraining is in order!
    28degrees, I am glad I don't have to deal with much anymore!:bigsmile:

Well, you're welcome here with us. (((Nicole)))) We won't ignore you. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    welcome to a new week runners.
    I took the week off from posting... I still did all my running, just been really busy with my teens B-day, fundraisers, Halloween, my hubby home, toddler, and just busy all over. I ran over 21 miles last week, so I'm happy about that. I ran 25 the week before, but like I said, it was a really busy week for me. I'm taking today off so I will hopefully be full force tomorrow.
    I hope you all had a great halloween weekend. Keep up the great running, and welcome to all the newbies...(I'm new here too, and everyone has been very nice) Just keep up the running and push farther that you think, and you'll be reaching your goals before you know it.
    Good luck everyone,
    I hope your all off to a good start for your week
    Kim.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I took a non voluntary extra day off between C25K Week 6 and Week 7. I think it worked out better that way. The little aches I had at the end of last week were all gone, and I ran faster because it took 2 more blocks to finish my 25 minutes.

Great weather this mornig too. Full moon, no wind, temp in the lower 40's. It was awesome. Plus with the time change I was able to see the dawn break.
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Thanks mommared!:blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

Kimss- That is so cool that you are averaging 20-25 miles a week! :bigsmile: I am soooooo looking forward to being there again!

Iplay- That's cool that you ran faster. Obviously your body needed it! The moon was beautiful last night! I didn't look for it this morning, I am going to run later.:wink:
  • aeswan
    aeswan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I applaud all of you who get up early to run--I am NOT a morning person! The combination of the time change and a few sunny days have been making it easier to get out of bed this week, but I still don't get up early enough to run.

I ran 3.5 miles yesterday, and I think I ran a little faster than usual (my timing is pretty inexact--I try to remember to look at the time on my ipod at the beginning & end of my run). I forgot to look at the clock right at the end of my run, but if I estimated correctly how much time had passed before I looked, I ran 10.6 minute miles, and I'm usually closer to 11. Anyway, I'd like to think I was faster, because I was tired! Then I came home and didn't stretch properly, and didn't have enough water, so I'm suffering this morning. :grumble: Nobody to blame but me, however.

Off to drink some water now! Hope everyone has a good day! :drinker:
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Well, I did my 5 miles today and I cut of 45 seconds! Not much....but I am glad!:happy: I hope everyone had a great weekend!

I can't wait until I am at the 5 mile mark!! I am at 2 miles right now. A slow 2 miles at that! But I still do them and don't walk any of it. Yay me.....:laugh: I will run tonight on my treadmill. I don't know how you guys do it in the cold weather. I am such a summer baby. :grumble:

Ya get used to it I guess you could say....I cannot stand to run on a treadmill. I think I would rather go to the dentist!!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

Ya get used to it I guess you could say....I cannot stand to run on a treadmill. I think I would rather go to the dentist!!!:laugh: :laugh:

Hehe. I don't mind the treadmill, however I would rather run outside. I bought some rubber grips to attach to my running shoes this winter. I plan on running outside. I am hoping to get some more winter running gear soon so I can keep warm in the cold months. :smile: Running outside is definitely not boring where the treadmill can get boring after a while. I love the scenery!
  • iplayoutside19
    Options
    I applaud all of you who get up early to run--I am NOT a morning person! The combination of the time change and a few sunny days have been making it easier to get out of bed this week, but I still don't get up early enough to run.

It's more out of necissity than wanting to do it. It's the best time for me. I do run in the evenings, but I never feel as good, and I'm always slower. Not only that, there are fewer cars to deal with.
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options

Hehe. I don't mind the treadmill, however I would rather run outside. I bought some rubber grips to attach to my running shoes this winter. I plan on running outside. I am hoping to get some more winter running gear soon so I can keep warm in the cold months. :smile: Running outside is definitely not boring where the treadmill can get boring after a while. I love the scenery!

:laugh: :laugh: I can't run outside.....you actually have to pay attention to where you are going. :laugh: When I am on the treadmill, I kind of zone out and block out everything around me. I even tell my kids not to bother me. :laugh: I could see how you guys would enjoy the scenery though!
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Ok...I ran 2.2 miles today. Well, run/walk because it was on my road. Here's the scoop. It's 1.1 miles downhill to the end of our road...and then you guessed it! 1.1 back uphill to my driveway!:noway: :noway: :sad: :sad: So of course the downhill was easy!!!! the up...I had to walk, but...the good news is I haven't run our road in a month, so it was nice to see how I improved. I actually shaved 3 minutes! YEAH!! That makes me happy!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: It's still turns out to be a turtle pace, but I walked less than I did before.

I hope everyone else is having a good day!
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    great job everyone...
    You are all making great improvements to your times....:flowerforyou: :drinker: ...congrats.
    I too am a treadmil runner. maybe someday I'll get outside, but I like the fact that there are no dogs, cars, or annoying ppl, in my garage...so that makes my run much more pleasent. I also run during my toddlers nap so, I really can't get away from home alone yet.:wink:
    But I took 2 days off and was back at it today, I ran 4.5miles in 66 min. today was a wlk/run combo to get me back in the swing of things. and it worked. I will hopefully run a bit more in tomorrow's session.
    Well, I wish you all a great rest of your day... and run,run, run....
    Kim
  • JPriceGA
    JPriceGA Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with the running this week. I did well last Saturday - didn't get out Sunday... Monday... I went to my aqua fit class - I'd planned to run first, but didn't get out of work early enough to do that. So after class I got on the treadmill. It was a total bust! Made just over a half mile in 10 minutes - my left knee wasn't cooperating, so rather than push it I called it a night :-(

I'm traveling Thursday through Sunday... have extra work to do tomorrow night after work, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to try again. Sigh!
  • nicolee516
    Options
    I'm struggling with the running this week. I did well last Saturday - didn't get out Sunday... Monday... I went to my aqua fit class - I'd planned to run first, but didn't get out of work early enough to do that. So after class I got on the treadmill. It was a total bust! Made just over a half mile in 10 minutes - my left knee wasn't cooperating, so rather than push it I called it a night :-(

I'm traveling Thursday through Sunday... have extra work to do tomorrow night after work, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to try again. Sigh!

Keep your chin up JPrice! I know I have weeks like that. Don't give up! Just run when you can again! Are you staying at hotels? Can you run on a treadmill there? If you can't run, walk! You can burn cals that way, just takes a little longer. You will get back into it!
  • iplayoutside19
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: I can't run outside.....you actually have to pay attention to where you are going. :laugh: When I am on the treadmill, I kind of zone out and block out everything around me. I even tell my kids not to bother me. :laugh: I could see how you guys would enjoy the scenery though!

I can't do the treadmill because it's too boring. Having to deal with ansillary stuff like weather, uneven surfaces, climbs, decents, puddles, critters, and traffic are kind of what makes it fun for me.
  • mommared53
    Options
    I'll be so glad when the days start getting longer again and I can run outside. This running on the treadmill is just not cutting it for me. I don't think I'm doing as good as when I was running outside.
  • nicolee516
    Options
    :tongue: Ahh...playing chicken with traffic....gotta love it!:tongue: