Thigh Gap: Not possible for some??? Is this true?

Options

Replies

• Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I will never have one :( my thighs are never going to be small either. I still have a lot of fat there but even when I lose most of it my legs are going to be big.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I have narrow hips so no thigh gap for me. anyway, why would you want one? Not a snarky question, I'm curious. It never occurred to me that this should be something to want. what's the appeal?
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I love the thigh gap! Or maybe I just like seeing women in their underwear.
    I have to disagree. I've never been a big fan of a thigh gap.

Though, I don't disagree about the underwear part.
  • Marlei5610
    Marlei5610 Posts: 16
    Options
    Glad you're going to focus on something else. Also, it's healthier to carry more weight on your thighs then, say, round your middle. I still had big legs (thighs and calves), even when I was slightly underweight. I just accept that I will never have slim legs (or upper arms). I'm fairly sure that most men prefer to see a shapely waist on a woman than a "thigh gap". Smaller waists are more youthful and feminine than skinny legs! :-)
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options

And for the record, Mike, you're literally the first guy I've ever seen on here or heard in real life say they even pay attention to the "thigh gap" lol

Right

lol on the onion there is a whole photo gallery called "Mind the Gap"....guys notice but it doesn't mean they all like them
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    My thighs have always touched...even at my smallest. It sucks...but the smaller you get the less noticeable it is.
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    What the heck is a "V" that women love on a man?
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    The only thigh gap I, as a man...am concerned with...is the one that is purposefully initiated specifically for my benefit.

Other than that...it's irrelevant.
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i always seen thigh gaps as a sign of being underweight. the only girls i know that have them are around 100 pounds. it is not something i strive for or find aesthetically pleasing, maybe thats just me. my goal is a tiny waist. we all have things we like. eh.
  • kymberlyjt
    kymberlyjt Posts: 13
    Options
    Not everybody can get the thigh gap - for example, I have slightly inturned knees which brings my whole leg bones going slightly inwards so even if I were to get ridiculously skinny my bone structure would still stay the same so my thighs would still touch. It's common for people to have a slight turn in of the bones in the thighs or knees.
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Men love the thigh gap though. Just like how women love the V on a man, we like the thigh gap. (at least I do!)

My husband says he thinks it looks weird when he notices it on other women. And I don't share that to make anyone feel self-conscious if they DO have a gap there, I just wanted to point out that not all men love the thigh gap. And even if they did, are you getting healthy for all the men in the world, or are you getting healthy for YOU?

This!^^ My husband also totally agrees that he loves the thighs on a woman, if theres a gap, it just doesnt look right to him. It really does come down to genetics, some women are just not made that way, that doesnt mean they are fat, have flab or even out of shape! Its just the way they are built!:) I was very fit when i was younger and I never had a gap but yet my legs were muscular and built! Some people call it the softball build and its quit attractive to alot of men!:)
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    The only thigh gap I, as a man...am concerned with...is the one that is purposefully initiated specifically for my benefit.

HA!
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Is this conversation actually happening? :-) On to more important things! lol
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I just finally got mine back. I thought it was going to be impossible.
  • kymberlyjt
    kymberlyjt Posts: 13
    Options

Thank you!
  • crazyygirl_inlove
    Options
    if you work hard for it then you can get anything :)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

X1000000000. SMH. I cannot believe this.
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options

LOL. I think that sums it up really.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    IMO, its the shape/strength/definition of the leg not whether or not you have a thigh gap that matters.

And basically, to achieve one at a healthy weight comes down to genetics - how you are built. If you have one at a healthy weight or not is not an indicator of attractiveness and to be perfectly honest, most people will not even notice.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Spread your legs, insert my face...BOOM! Instant thigh gap with the ultimate feel good.:laugh: