Age cap?

Replies

• ShyGirl89
    ShyGirl89 Posts: 60 Member
    I'm 22. Anywhere between 21 and 27 is what I like.
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    1/2 your age + 7 is the youngest you can go.... It just works

Ha! Agree! 25 to 40 would be my range
  • bellyake3
    bellyake3 Posts: 135 Member
    I really don't have a cap..I'm pretty surprised that younger guys hit on me actually..it makes me giggle...but chemistry knows no age..that's all I say. Oh i'm 36...be well
  • I guess I'm a cougar. LOL
    My guy is 29 and I'm 43.....
  • I love the half your age and +7!!!
    Wahoo I'm in that range. LOL
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    I'm 32, and ideally there's about a 10-year window overall... would not really be looking at someone younger than 29/30 or older than 39/40.

Ultimately, it would depend on the guy - if there is a mutual attraction and we want the same things going forward, who knows?
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    no cap, you like who you like.
    my coworker is dating a 40 something year old 'rockstar' and calls him by 'dude' haha. i wouldnt go for that, but there is obviously a reason why she is.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    I've had a long term relationship with someone six years older than me, and a short term one with someone 18 years younger but an extremely mature outlook on life.

When I was in my late teens, I found men of my age to be ludicrously immature so the idea of dating someone younger than me seemed crazy.

Now I'm in my late 40s, fit and healthy, quite a few of my male friends who are a decade older than me are slowing down and suffering from health issues, so if I was looking for a new partner I'd definitely be open to dating someone younger than myself.

Of course, that's in theory, life has a habit of throwing you together with amazing people who don't fit your specification, but who make you happy anyway.
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    My husband is 3 years younger than me. It seems to be the trend in my family, all of the women are married to younger men. If I were single, I would probably date someone 25 up to 40. I never have been too terribly mature i guess. I can't see myself having much in common with anyone over that.
  • willy0524
    willy0524 Posts: 1,897
    Guess I'm the 'cougar' on this thread...just started seeing someone who is 28.

36 yrs olds cannot be cougars :wink:

Now if I was to date a 28 yr old, THAT would be cougarish!!!

lol.

your just an older cougar :flowerforyou:
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Well the youngest I have been with is 23, the oldest I have been with is 39. I tend to lean toward older men, personally. I like them a lot better. But either or is fine with me.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    If I were single (I'm 42), I would probably date someone 30 ish and as old as 50ish.

50ish??? how old is that? lol
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    I will not consume partially hydrogenated oils or carbonated beverages, but pumpkin spice lattes are ok.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Probably youngest 40 and 55 upper limit. I'm 36. My partner is 52.:bigsmile:
  • I'm 30, and my husband is 32, but the last 3 before him were between 5 and 10 years my junior. With the exception of a 39 year old I dated for a year, I've always preferred the younger men. Women, I usually prefer much closer to my own age.
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    I'm 23. I think the oldest I'd go is 40. Youngest it depends, I'd rather not go any lower than my own age unless they were really mature. It all depends for me how well I communicate with someone and how mature they are.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    I can understand limiting age for a SO to an extent, but why close yourself off from such a wide range of potential mates? To be strictly against dating anyone younger than you seems a bit extreme to me. But to each their own I suppose! :) I can't really say I would have age limits. I'm married though, so I don't need to worry about it. lol. Hypothetically, though, I guess I would be slightly uncomfortable being with someone more than 20 years older than me. Younger... not so much. I guess that makes me a cougar or something. LOL
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    I would not dat anyone with an age starting with the same number as my parents or older. So anyone 40 and over is not going to work. Id prefer them to be able to drink so I'd prefer 21 as the youngest, but its really 18-39. I am 22.
  • 152dbs
    152dbs Posts: 116 Member
    Guess I'm the 'cougar' on this thread...just started seeing someone who is 28.

i got 8yrs on my wife....shes 28 as well. told her she better find a way of staying young.
  • junepinktigger
    junepinktigger Posts: 88 Member
    i was 19 when i met my now husband, he was 31. i would NEVER date anyone my age or younger, lol i was in school with a lot of lads, i was the only girl in a few of the classes and to see how the ones same age acted put me off,

I am now going to be 31 next week and married 12 years to Gary, there is a 12 year age cap between us, we met on a saturday night never know each other before and withing 14 days we were married, :heart: