"It's SIMPLE! Burn more than you consume!" (B.S.)

Options

Replies

• WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Burn more than you consume? Are we talking weed?
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have Radiohead tickets.

I'm a little jealous.
  • sandflower81
    sandflower81 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    She was clearly upset and venting.
  • joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    bs if you are a 55 year old woman
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    bs if you are a 55 year old woman
    Cougar metabolism?
  • SenshiV
    SenshiV Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    *Sigh I don't get this...

1. I'm frustrated so I'm going to post, in a public forum, with lots of people, but I don't want opinion because they are useless to me..
    2. I actually got opinions because it's a public forum, some people reacted negatively to my original post saying of 'I don't want advice', some tried to help because they want to really help, some people is kind of neutral..because this is a public forum with lots of people and that's how forum works
    3. I'll come back and answer to everything I don't like...because that was the real intention of the post, discharging my frustration to all those would make me upset with their comments.

I am a respectful person believe it or not...but this attitude... makes ME upset since the opic's first post, when I read the header I tought 'trol, it's basics thats not the way things work'...then I realizes it was not a troll topic but a discharging topic, which is the forum intention of use...

It also make me upset to read that this is a forum where people don't help, because in my experience, I have read 99% good advice and answers willing to help people, than otherwise, what you said is a lie, but, if you always post the way you posted here, than I understand how you get so many 'bad comments'...

With all due respect...and I feel bad, because is the first time I post something not 'friendly/helpful'...

Next time, write your complain in a notebook, or a paper in the fridge, it doesn't make a difference, since you don't want any responses or advice anyway'..if that was not a lie...

This topic should be closed by a moderator, it never had a use...other than useless controversy.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    She was clearly upset and venting.

I can see that, clearly. Personally I kind of understand how she felt and why she reacts...it's really frustrating, especially when you think you have tried everything but nothing seems working but people still suggest you doing the same thing you have done..or imply somehow you did it all wrong...

I think it's better to just let OP vent. Hopefully she will feel better and picks up again with high energy and more cheerful thoughts. :)
  • itsafrappe
    itsafrappe Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    am i that only one that thought the original poster was dr quinn medicine woman?
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Depends on how you look at it I guess....one of my trainers told me to NEVER eat more than 1200 calories and infact, I should keep it between 800-1000 because I'm only burning about 500 calories a day through my exercise and I would need to burn MORE than what I EAT during the day to lose any weight. I just thanked her for her advice and walked away...I don't like confrontations.

Wow, and was the trainer still in the state of trying to impress you for your business, or they are already paid and that was just a side comment?

Already paid...I asked her for advice on how to up my protein. She basically told me I eat too much and I need to eat more rice.

I had a personal trainer tell me that my goal size (about a size 6/8) was too fat. Yep, he was a douche canoe.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Burn more than you consume? Are we talking weed?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Fluxx2009
    Fluxx2009 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Don't post to forums and tell people not to give feedback, it only guarantees you'll get it.

That being said, I'm sorry you are going through such a rough patch of it. I felt like I wasn't losing any weight either until I started tracking it daily. I might feel like I'm losing the same few pounds over and over but even though there are fluctuations the general graph line trended downwards. Don't give up. Change it up and stick with the change for a few weeks before deciding it isn't working. You have to give your body time to adjust to things.

Also, I totally read your name as Maliciousjabs. No clue why. :laugh:
  • TrishaB74
    TrishaB74 Posts: 43
    Options
    *Sigh I don't get this...

1. I'm frustrated so I'm going to post, in a public forum, with lots of people, but I don't want opinion because they are useless to me..
    2. I actually got opinions because it's a public forum, some people reacted negatively to my original post saying of 'I don't want advice', some tried to help because they want to really help, some people is kind of neutral..because this is a public forum with lots of people and that's how forum works
    3. I'll come back and answer to everything I don't like...because that was the real intention of the post, discharging my frustration to all those would make me upset with their comments.

I am a respectful person believe it or not...but this attitude... makes ME upset since the opic's first post, when I read the header I tought 'trol, it's basics thats not the way things work'...then I realizes it was not a troll topic but a discharging topic, which is the forum intention of use...

It also make me upset to read that this is a forum where people don't help, because in my experience, I have read 99% good advice and answers willing to help people, than otherwise, what you said is a lie, but, if you always post the way you posted here, than I understand how you get so many 'bad comments'...

With all due respect...and I feel bad, because is the first time I post something not 'friendly/helpful'...

Next time, write your complain in a notebook, or a paper in the fridge, it doesn't make a difference, since you don't want any responses or advice anyway'..if that was not a lie...

This topic should be closed by a moderator, it never had a use...other than useless controversy.

AMEN and well said!!! :drinker:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    ...the legions of shirtless guys...
    My favorite Saturday morning cartoon, as a kid.
    oh man! We didn't have that in my newspaper! DANG! NOt fair!
    Saturday morning cartoons are best known as animated TV cartoon. Perhaps you're thinking of Sunday morning comics.
    Like Johnny Quest? His dad was hot.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Nope, it's not. Otherwise there wouldn't be thread after thread of people who HAVE a calorie deficit and aren't losing weight. I found out that I have to watch my carbs to lose weight. I lose fairly easily keeping them under 100 a day and very easily keeping them under 50 a day.

OP, you are right that every gives completely different advice on this forum. I would try various methods until you find out what works for you.
    BINGBING BING! We have a winner!
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    If the OP wants to vent without hearing other people's opinions, she should write it in her private diary, not put it on a public message board.

This is the internet, and when you post in a public forum, you will get a variety of responses. You can't tell people how to post or what to say.

I'm sorry nobody validated your incorrect assumption. FitBits aren't as accurate as HRMs, by the way. You need to track your heart rate, not just how much you're dancing/bouncing/walking.

I've hit plateaus, and I know how to work through them. I was just trying to help. I posted in a sarcastic tone because you started off all holier-than-thou and basically said, "I'm going to vent and I don't care what kind of opinion anybody has!" If you don't care, then why do you keep posting responses? If you didn't want opinions, why post in the first place? I don't get it.
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I used to to believe that as well...but no longer do, there is more to it than just cals in vs cals out. I track all I eat and know what I burn and should be losing 2 pounds a week, yet have not been losing for 6 months.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Why do I get a feeling that some of the posters took OP's post in such a personal way? She said she didn't want advice/feedback; she just wanted to vent. Can't she be left alone? Maybe she does need some place to let it out? just sayin...
  • xiala
    xiala Posts: 50
    Options
    People should remember that scales don't reflect which weight is fat and which weight is muscle. Just throwing that out there!
  • lalapurple62
    Options
    why_so_mean.jpg
    ahahahahahahahaha
  • lalapurple62
    Options
    If that was the case, then we should see weight loss from those who don't eat, or don't eat much.... wait we do... and call it an Eating Disorder!

I think Bobbie Sands prooved a few years ago if you dont eat you lose weight...(said with a wink a a sense of humour)
This discussion has been closed.