• Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Ran 5.52 miles today

exercise.png
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    carsonruns- glad to see you racking up some miles. how are you feeling?

Unfortunately, not that great. The Bell's Palsy is what it is and that's not really bothering me, but I am having a lot of upper body aches and pains that fit the description of Lyme Disease. A couple Advil take the edge off and I'm able to function at about 90%. It hasn't impacted my ability to run at all, thank God. Doctor's appointment tomorrow morning for blood tests. We'll get it straightened out. Thanks for asking.

Best wishes for a diagnosis at the appointment tomorrow! hope you feel 100% soon.
  • Cooriander
    Options
    3.11 mile run in 33:13, Avg Pace 10:41, Splits 11:21 - 10:42 - 10:07 - last 0.11 in 1:03 (9:33mm pace), Temp 92F, DP 72F, slight breeze, sunny, BC 5/5 for two miles, then 4/4. Legs felt pretty good during the run, but felt a bit sore during the cool down walk. I need to reign myself back some on the pace, going faster than planned.

I noticed one squirrel on my run, and a bicyclist, that's it, lol. I'm sure there was more, but I was in the zone most of the time and didn't notice. Saw 15-20 ducks on my cool down walk though.

92F is hot!! but you still kept a good pace!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    j_courter said:

6/12/12- another personal best 5K for me last night (this time without the coffee kick!) 29:25. that was a 9:28/ mile pace, so i'm thrilled. maybe i'll be able to run as fast as you some day cooriander!

by the way, i noticed that brookepenni and sweetcouchpot also hit the more than halfway mark last week, so well done to you both!

exercise.png

Congrats on your PB!!! and a great pace! you will surpass me in no-time.
  • Cooriander
    Options
    gogojodee said:

Can I join? I run 5x a week averaging 15-22 miles a week! I wanna say 100, but probably 50 is a good start! :]

Yes! Do you know what you have done per week up to now (maybe just guess if you don't know)? and what is your total mileage so far this month?
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    3.2 mile run today

MTD: 11.4

So behind but my ankles were killing me whenever I tried to run thankfully feeling much better now after taking it easy a couple of days. Just gotta push myself to make the 50. Everyone is doing so amazing in here though and that it is definitely inspiring me to run more :flowerforyou:
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    nice negative splits! i look forward to hearing what you see while you're out running! :happy: keep it coming!

92F is hot!! but you still kept a good pace!

• nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    5.5 miles to day
    Total for the month: 46 miles
  • holliph
    holliph Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I would love to participate in the runners team. Put me down for 60 miles.
    this morning 3.1 miles
    6/13 6.2
    6/11Monday 3.1
    6/10 Sunday 2.7
    6/9 Saturday 2.3
    6/7 Thursday 2.2
    6/6 Wednesday 3.1
    6/4 Monday 1.9
    6/3 Sunday 5.5
    6/2 Saturday 2.4
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options

Congrats on your PB!!! and a great pace! you will surpass me in no-time.

R-I-G-H-T.... some people were born with a gift of raw athletic talent AND have taken the time to nurture it- i think you fit into that category!
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    7.9 miles Wednesday and 8.5 today.
    My running path is located up and down and around this mountain which has some elevation on it. I usually walk up the mountain as part of my warm-up, that way I can start my run with a long down hill, but today I wanted to change things up. I did pretty much the same path as do most days, only reversed, and thus at the end I had to run UP this mountain. My god... my lungs were burning and my legs were like jelly, but I did it completely without stopping. I was as thrilled as I was exhausted:bigsmile:
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    5 miles today.. first speed work in my training.. 3x1600 + warmup and cooldown
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    June 14
    5 miles
    Grand total 59 miles
  • BcozIcan
    BcozIcan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    k2MPFNa.jpgk2MPp1.png

Week's been a bit odd, but chugging away. Tomorrow is bike/run day will continue to chip away at it.
  • Cooriander
    Options
    MissFit0101 said:

5 miles today.. first speed work in my training.. 3x1600 + warmup and cooldown

I find that multiple 1.6Ks ARE challenging! 3 is tough! WOW!
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    6 miles today - perfect running weather!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Monday - 4 miles
    Today - 3
  • Cooriander
    Options
    pafagel said:

7.9 miles Wednesday and 8.5 today.
    My running path is located up and down and around this mountain which has some elevation on it. I usually walk up the mountain as part of my warm-up, that way I can start my run with a long down hill, but today I wanted to change things up. I did pretty much the same path as do most days, only reversed, and thus at the end I had to run UP this mountain. My god... my lungs were burning and my legs were like jelly, but I did it completely without stopping. I was as thrilled as I was exhausted:bigsmile:

Hill at the end of an 8.5 run is HARD!! Congrats!!!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Checkidy! :drinker: