Why are you fat???

Options

Replies

• scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    i got fat because thru all 4 pregnancies i just ate whatever i wanted and didn't worry about it. after the third i started to workout and ended up prego with number 4. now that i am done i am ready and have been losing without fear of having another one. lol it took 11 years to get to my biggest and hoping it doesn't take that long to return to as close to before weight as i can.
  • amallia921
    amallia921 Posts: 51
    Options
    I am fat because of two pregnancies. Even thought I lost all the weight from number one... Its like some one hot glued the weight on me. I have a husband who loves to eat crap food and buys it for me too... Pretty much, I have no self control and need to learn to say no. Plus working out with two kids is hard. No day care at the gym. (Not that I could afford that) Husband works any hours the army tells him. I know excuses...
  • sfburdett
    sfburdett Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    To much food not enough exercise, to much time studying and working and frankly being to lazy, without the motivation and a mountain of "good" reasons not to do anything about it.

Studying is over, the excuses are being shot down in flames, change of attitude required.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Started to get migraines often which led to no activity or social life and then gradually got depression and just wasn't in a good mind set to even care what I was eating so started to overeat. Eating for the moment was one of the things that would make me feel better but of course not long term, then once I started to work on my health I ran into problems because of how out of shape I was so then I just felt hopeless for awhile and started not to care again. I'm glad to say I'm over a lot of the mood swings but I have developed anxiety and panic attacks over time.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    because I like food, had a bunch of babies without getting into shape in between, and I got a bit lazy....
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy and I love to eat.
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Hey if I ever need an excuse I know which topic to come to :)

Your overweight because you consumed to much and burned to little!

THIS!
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I got pregnant at 19 with my son and thought "eh, the weight will just fall off. I'm young anyway." Well...turns out 50 pounds doesn't "just fall off" My goal is to hit 149...that's the weight I was the day I went to the doctor for my pregnancy check up. Then I want to tone up ...which is what I was doing before I found out I was pregnant.

Ps --- that was all 6 years ago. Talk about procrastinator!
  • mwapay
    mwapay Posts: 18
    Options
    because i gave into evrything and anything that could be eaten. i dd not excersise..but now thats changing
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy and I love to eat.
    And also this! (but not anymore!) :)
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Because I ate a lot of crap food and sat on my ever growing *kitten*.....

No excuses....
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Steriods, insulin and a new found love of drinking red wine while eating cheetos every night. Doing this all winter and in March I was 153 pounds and none of my clothes fit anymore:frown:
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I am fat because I cant seem to find my moderation happy place. I am always either being religiously good and eating well, exercising regularly and losing weight or being lazy, not working out, eating conveniently and binging before bed. sigh.

I know what to do, just cant make myself do it all the time. as long as I can make myself do it more than not...
  • RMCoffey
    RMCoffey Posts: 27
    Options
    I love food. I love to shop for it, I love to cook it, and I love to eat it :love:
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    579855_329607583784478_1452478743_n.jpg
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My fatness was an accident... I think. It just sorta happen. No traumatic life experiences or anything.

Then I think it's also a little self sabotage. It's nice to have something to blame for not doing well in things. For example, I used to do pageants so I always blamed my weight on not winning.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I've been overweight/ obese my entire life. =( I remember dr's telling me when I was little I had to stop eating so much.. Then when I was 14 I was 140 lbs.. that was bad too, I remember going to the dr and they told me I was overweight. It went on around 16 I was pushing 160.. then my Senior year of high school when they asked us our weight for our Cap and Gowns.. I put 170. =( I weighed myself and I was getting close to 190. I was worried my gown wouldn't fit. Now at 20 years old..I started at 214. I cried when I saw that! I understand why I'm fat. I never did anything.. This past year has been our first year on our own (roommates) paying our own bills.. I work and we walk to the beach and stuff.. but we ate horribly! $.99 pizza.. about 450 cal. ea. Doritos.. Ramen.. Chocolate Milk was a big thing for me.. I ate whatever I wanted.. I knew and told myself 'this is making you fat'.. There were several times from when I was 14 through now where I tried writing down my food, I never did it right.. I've tried dieting.. I was in a big family we ate.

I could draw out my story longer.. =p Basically I ate what I wanted.. didn't care. I have a very 'big' family.. I refuse to be 'big' myself.
  • raerae514
    raerae514 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I don't know! I was born chubby and I have been proportionally this size my whole life, stopped gaining weight when I hit 20 I guess. Then stayed around 185-195 until NOW. By BMI says that I am OBESE as well, which is stupid. I never liked exercise and I love fast food and sugary things. Walking is BORING and eating broccoli is BORING without the cheese... haha... I'm a fan of indulgence, so if something is delicious I just can't help myself...

Since I started using MFP, I've learned to control my portions. I still eat what I like but a reasonable amount and I [mostly] stay within my calorie allowance. And YES I still like to indulge but then I just work off those extra calories... on a good day.. haha...
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I had undignosed hypothyroidism for severl years before it was dignosed. I would cycle every morning and good meals not crap and I would still gain weight. By the time they found out the problem I had gained over 50lbs then I took sick again and was put on stiroid medication and gained another 30 pounds or more.

I am not lazy when I feel well I work out. I have always eaten good so food was not my problem just my body ( health issues and medications that were the gaining weight problem for me)
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Emotional/Stress eating. I have been fighting an autoimmune disease for the last year and become obsessed with fixing myself. Plus my home bases art business did double the sales of last year. Trying to juggle that and two small kids led to a lot of stress. Finally recognized I had a problem and found exercise and MFP. No more binging for me! Good luck to you!

I also struggle with an auto immune, I have psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis! finding that eating better is def helping though!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!