*** Runners' Team * 50+ and 100+ Miles in June *

Options

Replies

• Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    12.12 miles today (total for month 70 miles), 85F and sunny! Longest training run so far (although I have done a half race (13.1 miles) :smile: ). I think it is harder to do high mileage in training than a race - guess adrenalin really helps ! :heart:

I am on target to start my 16 week marathon training next week (i.e., build my base up to 35-40 miles per week). Not sure how my travel to Europe will impact my training schedule, but I already plotted a few courses around where I am staying - so no excuses! AND I will do a half marathon on June 30th, just before I return home.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Woa I am still wiped out from my long run, - need to wake up super early tomorrow. getting passports for kiddos- same day passport - we are paying $60 extra per kid for getting it on the same day. [sorry that was totally unrelated to running]
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    4 miles today

MTD: 15.4
  • timboom1
    timboom1 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Been a rough week, traveling and time changes. Managed to get a few runs in 6 on Monday, 4.6 Tuesday in the Colorado smoke and 6 on Wed. in the Florida humidity, flight was way too early in the morning for anything today. 16.6 for the week so far, 74.6 for the month.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Before Work Run: 4.11 miles in 48:47, Avg Pace 11:53, Splits 12:39 - 11:58 - 11:40 - 11:11 - last 0.11 in 1:09, Temp 70F, DP 66F, slight breeze, before sunrise.

Missed my run yesterday due to thunderstorms, and the weather this afternoon doesn't look like it will be much better. So, got up early to run before work. Took me a long time to warm up. Not used to running right out of bed.

I had a strobe light attached to the front of my hat and was carrying a very bright flashlight pointed toward the road while running on the sidewalk. Even so, I still almost got run over by a car that was coming toward me with no turn signal who was pulling into a parking lot entrance that I was crossing. I had to put on a burst of speed to not get hit.

The only wildlife I saw were ducks sleeping on the turned off fountain in the pond, hehe. Oh, and I think I saw a few bats flitting around.

So far this week: 14.4 miles
    So far this month: 41.1
  • brianchi
    brianchi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    3 more miles. Need some big runs this weekend to catch up. Thanks!
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    6/15/12- 4 miles this morning. i actually ran on the rubberized college track, which felt awesome! i can't believe how nice it felt on my knees. this could become a habit.

exercise.png
  • j_courter
    Options
    7.9 miles Wednesday and 8.5 today.
    My running path is located up and down and around this mountain which has some elevation on it. I usually walk up the mountain as part of my warm-up, that way I can start my run with a long down hill, but today I wanted to change things up. I did pretty much the same path as do most days, only reversed, and thus at the end I had to run UP this mountain. My god... my lungs were burning and my legs were like jelly, but I did it completely without stopping. I was as thrilled as I was exhausted:bigsmile:

first of all, FANTASTIC job with the hill! :bigsmile: having said that, it's nice to hear that even someone as awesome as you occasionally sucks wind and has jelly legs! :glasses: if it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger, right?! Way to go!
  • j_courter
    Options
    12.12 miles today (total for month 70 miles), 85F and sunny! Longest training run so far (although I have done a half race (13.1 miles) :smile: ). I think it is harder to do high mileage in training than a race - guess adrenalin really helps ! :heart:

way to go! i think the adrenaline AND the 5 shot espresso probably has something to do with it!!! :wink:
  • j_courter
    Options

I had a strobe light attached to the front of my hat and was carrying a very bright flashlight pointed toward the road while running on the sidewalk. Even so, I still almost got run over by a car that was coming toward me with no turn signal who was pulling into a parking lot entrance that I was crossing. I had to put on a burst of speed to not get hit.

eeeeeee! that'll get your heart rate up. i had that happen on one of my late night runs last week. i had to jump into the weeds. glad you were able to avoid an accident.
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    6/13: 5.5 Miles
    6/14: 2.5 Miles

MTD: 29.25

I have a 5k fundraising race tomorrow!
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    6 miles again today.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    W - Rest
    T - 9.2
    F - 4.6

WTD - 30.3
    MTD - 61

Starting to get back on track.
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    June 15
    6 miles
    Grand total 65 miles
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    5 miles today
    Total for the month: 51 miles
  • Sherrielsb
    Sherrielsb Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I realize the month is 1/2 over but if it isn't too late I would like to join your group. I am planning on logging at least 30 miles between now and the end of the month. My next race will be on Sept. I am hoping to run the entire Air Force 1/2. 2 years ago I walked it with my BFF and we did it in 4 hrs 21min, I would like to finish an hour faster this year.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I've been marathon training and while I joined the 100 mile thread at the beginning of the month I only log my 3 weekly runs.

So far my mileage is:

6/1 3.18
    6/3 3.25
    6/6 4.31
    6/8 4.20

So far 14.94. I definetly want to surpass the 50 mile mark by 6/30.

Worked on my pace today and picked up some extra mileage in the same time frame as my last 2 runs. Today's total 4.81.

MTD: 19.75
    MTG: 30.25

Just did 5.1 tonight! :)

MTD: 24.85
    MTG: 25.15

Added a very difficult 4.9 today. The heat got the best of me. :(

MTD: 29.75
    MTG: 20.25. :)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Wed - 3.1
    Thurs 3.5
    Friday 6.3

exercise.png
  • Sherrielsb
    Sherrielsb Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Got in a nice 6 mile run this morning and was rewarded with a beautiful sunrise
    total for month so far- 6 miles

i managed to keep slightly under a 15min/mile pace for 5 of the miles, which for me is an improvement
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    3.03 miles in 31:54, Avg Pace 10:32, Splits 11:18 - 10:41 - 9:48, some breeze, sunny.

Ran 6 out of the last 7 days, first time doing that. I had planned on making today a rest day, but was feeling good and restless, so went out for a run instead. I hope I don't regret that decision tomorrow during my 7 mile run, lol.

Saw lots of lizards today. One of them appeared to be racing me, running right in front of me on the sidewalk for several steps before dashing off to the side. Lot of dragon flies as well, and the usual ducks and squirrels. No Sand Hill Cranes today, which was a bummer. Saw another runner for the first time on this route. She was cute, we exchanged nods. Made up for the missing Sand Hill Cranes :D