• LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

It's totally doable to eat healthy and not gain huge amounts of weight! I kept walking and ate healthy throughout my pregnancy and only gained 18lbs total (this including the baby), so basically I only gained 12lbs.
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i don't know you but i wanted to send HUGE congrats to you! we tried for many years before conceiving, so i know how exciting it is to finally see that positive!!! :smile: i gained an enormous amount of weight with my last pregnancy, and mostly it was from being on bedrest for a lot of the time and couldn't exercise and move (ok, and the donuts! LOL) i guess my advice is to exercise (with your dr's permission) as much as you can, eat healthy and drink a ton of water, esp in summer. good luck to you and i wish you all the best for a healthy successful pregnancy, labor, birth and parenthood! :smile:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Aw, congratulations!
  • erikkasusann
    erikkasusann Posts: 104
    Options
    Congratulations!! I don't have any advice from personal experience, but when a good friend of mine was preggo she read Skinny ***** Bun in the Oven & it changed her diet & eating habits permanently. She's one of the healthiest girls I know & her baby is the cutest, most amazing kid, so I'm guessing it's got some good advice ;) Best wishes to you & your (GROWING!) family!!!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Congratualtions to you and your family
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    *smooch!* Congrats!!! :heart:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

It's totally doable to eat healthy and not gain huge amounts of weight! I kept walking and ate healthy throughout my pregnancy and only gained 18lbs total (this including the baby), so basically I only gained 12lbs.

I am overweight now, but not by a lot. My doctor said that he only wants me to gain maybe 15-25 pounds max so I plan on eating as well as possible and staying active. Better for me and baby that way anyway (not just the weight but nutrition).

Good to hear it's possible! My mom gained 60 lbs with my little brother, so I'm hoping to keep it under control.
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Elizabeth!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Oh and here is your best advice ever.... stay away from babycenter.com. Look for another source for "mom/baby" forums. Those women are psychos! If you do join that website prepare yourself for a whole lot of WTF and grown women bickering and arguing about baby showers, formula, and rear facing/forward facing child car seats....
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    i don't know you but i wanted to send HUGE congrats to you! we tried for many years before conceiving, so i know how exciting it is to finally see that positive!!! :smile: i gained an enormous amount of weight with my last pregnancy, and mostly it was from being on bedrest for a lot of the time and couldn't exercise and move (ok, and the donuts! LOL) i guess my advice is to exercise (with your dr's permission) as much as you can, eat healthy and drink a ton of water, esp in summer. good luck to you and i wish you all the best for a healthy successful pregnancy, labor, birth and parenthood! :smile:

Congratulations on your babies!! :)

Thank you!
  • RunningDirty
    RunningDirty Posts: 293
    Options
    Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • wendyt77
    wendyt77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is amazing news! I am 5 months pregnant and continuing to use this site has been wonderful. With my first 3 pregnancies I gained a ton of weight. Since I have continued logging my food and being active, the only weight I have gained is the baby. Just talk to your doctor about your daily calorie intake and exercise. Enjoy your pregnancy!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is amazing news! I am 5 months pregnant and continuing to use this site has been wonderful. With my first 3 pregnancies I gained a ton of weight. Since I have continued logging my food and being active, the only weight I have gained is the baby. Just talk to your doctor about your daily calorie intake and exercise. Enjoy your pregnancy!!

Congrats!! I love that you're taking care of yourself even better now. I'm sure it'll pay off with a healthy happy pregnancy!
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    so exciting! Congrats!!! Mom of two and hoping to see one more in the future :wink:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    so exciting! Congrats!!! Mom of two and hoping to see one more in the future :wink:

Thank you!

Your baby is soooo cute in your profile pic!
  • eatandexercise1
    eatandexercise1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Congrats! My advice would be to keep exercising and NEVER stop logging your food and calories on MFP, don't think "oh, I'm pregnant, I can eat all day."
    That's how I was with my last pregnancy, and here I am on MFP trying recover from a huge pregnancy weight gain.
    Best of luck to you!
  • complicatedmoves
    complicatedmoves Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Im so happy for you!!

My advice is don't be tricked into the whole " eating for two" business. I fell for that one, and what a MISTAKE it was. I didn't know you don't need any extra calories the first trimester and only 200-300 more calories the 2nd and third trimester. I was eating like it was noone's business...and that is why I am on this site today! Just try to eat as healthy and sensible as possible, while providing enough nutrients for yourself and the baby.

CONGRATS AGAIN!
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Hope you have a healthy, easy go of it for the next 40 weeks and beyond!