An important announcement from the White House soon?

Options

Replies

• glengiles
    glengiles Posts: 147
    Options
    talking politics on forums is never a good idea. Too many feelings hurt. Keep it to less emotional issues like.. religion. There's so many religions today; you could be Buddhist, or Islamist, and some even worship sports teams. I know a guy that worships the Chicago Cubs, he's a Masochist.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I got a case of beer today and drank it Obama self

then I whipe my booty with this! ombamatoiletpaper.com

Sorry, but that first sentence made NO sense.

And what kind of words are "whipe" and "ombama"? :ohwell: wow...
    But regardless: people, we elected him. Maybe not you personally, but as a whole, our country elected Obama. Deal with it. You don't like it? Instead of snide comments about the man leading our country, get out there and voice your concerns regarding policy. The economy---you know, legitimate things that actually matter when it comes to who is running the country. Spread the word about whoever's policies you DO agree with and get people to vote for who you think could do the best job.

Well said. :flowerforyou:
    So, is everyone replying to this thread registered to vote? lol

Yep :happy:

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    This is to announce that the Obama's will be taking another high-priced vacation at the tax payer's expense.

No, wait, this might be the rudest thing I've read all week.

Amazing how when we had white presidents no one said such grossly disrespectful things regarding the highest seat in our country.

So you think no president was ever criticized for their behavior in the White House before Barak Obama?

Seriously?
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    *is a registered voter*

My biggest complaint is that politicians lie and never do what they say they will. Its like picking the lesser of 2 evils. I am sorely disappointed in our government and feel like it would be better to put an ordinary Joe in there then some of the people we have had and are likely to get.

With that being said... its time for a new president....thats all I am saying :)
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Obama will finally announce he is way in over his head and resign. :bigsmile:

I suppose you have a better plan?

Yes, quit trying to put the blame on everyone else and man up! Of course, Barry won't do that.

It's funny....because he is getting all the blame for all of Bush's mess ups!

People need to stop worrying about what the Presidents do....and focus more on what congress is doing.
    Exactly! If you haters actually looked objectively at some of the excellent things this President has done (Lily ledbetter, health care, a stimulus that worked, ending the illegal [and unfunded] wars, etc) you would see he has been a phenomenal President. Truthfully, he's conservative and too far to the right for my politics but I can get past my ideology to see our President is really doing a great job (especially given where the country was at when he first got into office). But back to the point about congress, those dudes (because it is mostly guys) are ruining our country right now with all their obstructionist and do nothing behavior. One only has to look at the facts and have a modicum of critical thinking skills to see it.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    This is to announce that the Obama's will be taking another high-priced vacation at the tax payer's expense.

Amazing how when we had white presidents no one said such grossly disrespectful things regarding the highest seat in our country.

That is not true! I've heard A LOT worse about W. I'm sure there's even worse about others, but since I typically tune out politics, I can't give you any other examples. For most people, it has nothing to do with hist s race, but a general dislike for him and/or his policies. If he was white, I STILL wouldn't like him. I disagree with most of his policies. That's just my opinion... Everyone's entitled to one, but don't make it about race when it's not.
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like I have to respect the man just because he is the president.

You don't have to respect the man...just the position.

No you don't have to respect him as a man but his position as President should be respected, just like you don't have to like your boss if you have one, but you have to follow certain guidelines when dealing with your boss, you can not talk to your boss any type of way and be disrespectful.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I suspect we are in the mess we're in because of decades of overspending by both Democrats and Republicans. It is not just Bush's fault, just like it is not just Obama's fault..........it is EVERY politician who enjoys spending our tax dollars on whatever they feel like spending it on - and believe it or not, it's NOT US they are spending their money on.

Well, it actually is the Bush Administration's fault...... when he took office Clinton had us out of debt. We were in the black.

Q: During the Clinton administration was the federal budget balanced? Was the federal deficit erased?

A: Yes to both questions, whether you count Social Security or not.

http://factcheck.org/2008/02/the-budget-and-deficit-under-clinton/
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    if we can get past all the president bashing and disrespect ...what the OP wanted to know is this

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/report-white-house-halt-deportation-young-illegal-immigrants/story?id=16576519#.T9tBZLW3KM8
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    bush_hitler.jpg

****Bush.jpg

LMFAO....that is funny!!
  • MomofAnt
    MomofAnt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    In response to OP - I believe this is the news she was referring to:

Last edited Fri Jun 15, 2012, 09:50 AM USA/ET - Edit history (2)
    from ThinkProgress: http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/06/15/500227/obama-to-protect-undocumented-students/

Jun 15, 2012 at 9:26 am

President Obama will announce a new immigration policy this morning that will allow some undocumented students to avoid deportation and receive work authorization.

Under the president’s “deferred action” executive order, students in the U.S. who are already in deportation proceedings or those who qualify for the DREAM Act and have yet to come forward to Department of Homeland Security (DHS) officials, will not be deported and will be allowed to work in the United States.

An estimated 1 million young people could benefit from the deferral. To be eligible, applicants have to be between 15 and 30 years old, live in the U.S. for five years, and maintain continuous U.S. residency. People who have one felony, one serious misdemeanor, or three minor misdemeanors will be ineligible to apply. “Deferred action” will last for two years and can be renewed.

Obama is expected to speak about this new policy later today.

Obama’s announcement will create a smart policy to help protect young adults at risk of deportation who have spent years establishing their homes in the United States while boosting the U.S. economy.

read: http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/06/15/500227/obama-to-protect-undocumented-students/
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options

Oh yeah. No one ever said disrespectful things about Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Clinton OR EITHER of the Bushes!!! Please. But thanks for making this an issue of race! :grumble: :noway:

I don't feel like I have to respect the man just because he is the president. That doesn't mean he is doing anything in MY best interests...

Isn't this the crux of everyone's issues anyway? MY best interests, as opposed to OUR best interests?
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    WTF is wrong with you people? The OP asked a simple question, and she deserved a simple answer. Keep your nasty comments to yourself.

Dude needs to change his profile picture - this is the second time in 2 days that he's been addressed as a "she."

Whoops!!!!
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    This is a koala.

Funny+Koala2.jpg
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options

Oh yeah. No one ever said disrespectful things about Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Clinton OR EITHER of the Bushes!!! Please. But thanks for making this an issue of race! :grumble: :noway:

I don't feel like I have to respect the man just because he is the president. That doesn't mean he is doing anything in MY best interests...

Isn't this the crux of everyone's issues anyway? MY best interests, as opposed to OUR best interests?
    If OUR best interests includes paying the way for people that won't get off their a$$es and work, then yup...voting based on MY best interests.
  • DebraClaunch
    Options
    every president that we have ever had has been made fun of disrespected etc - you are young and were not around - we are carter's peanuts - billy's bear - clinton's cigars etc - get off your high horse if you don't like the blog get out of it -
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    This is crazy. I love MFP. However sometimes these message boards turn me off. It's getting ugly in here. Really people can we just stop it?

This is crazy!!! I dont think what this thread was about. It has gotten really ugly.....but one good thing, it showing me how people can still be disrepectful and ugly in 2012. That is why I talk to my son daily and let him know. NEVER NEVER EVER FORGET, THEY DON'T :laugh: :laugh:
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    r1hr91.gif
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    This is a koala.

Funny+Koala2.jpg

are you quite sure it is ? :laugh:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member