What are reasons why you don't jog?

Options

Replies

• catfyson
    catfyson Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Jogging is just incredibly boring, and I cannot afford to invest in decent enough footwear and sports bras! I occasionally use the treadmill at the gym but I only last about 10 mins max before I hate it.
  • raindance_maggie
    Options
    cause i have 40Gs and even doubling up sports bras suckballs -- and i pulled a muscle in my back because of them...funbags my *kitten*...not for ME!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

No one ever tells us this stuff! That's it, I'm now officially terrified of having children. They'll make me fat again and ruin my body inside and out. I'm sure it's worth it buuuut I want to be sexy for awhile. D:

While I DO have bladder issues, I have a much better body now than I did before I had children.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I hate it. And as a single mom with two younger kids plus working full time I don't have a ton of time to devote to something I don't like.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    My boobs jiggle too much and chaffing
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    there are two reasons I don't jog...
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I pee when I jog. Thanks kids.

This. And all the ladies who have had kids out there (vaginally, I should add) and not elected to have bladder surgery are LYING SOBs if they don't say this!

It does go away though. I am proud to say I no longer piss my pants.

No one ever tells us this stuff! That's it, I'm now officially terrified of having children. They'll make me fat again and ruin my body inside and out. I'm sure it's worth it buuuut I want to be sexy for awhile and not piss my pants like an old lady first. D:

haha it depends on how u care for your body while pregnant if you get fat again. and ruin ur body and all. and kegels and giving birth in a better position than lying on ur back can help with the bladder issues. i had 4 children vaginally and none of them gave me seriously bladder issues. i had worse issues after getting catheterized while my gallbladder was removed lol. oh and my children were 8 lbs 9 lbs and 10 lb babies lmao

*sigh* I wanna be a mom but if I hate my body forever and never feel sexy or attractive again it might not be worth it. Oh well, I'll cross that road when I get there. >.<
  • sbrBirdy
    sbrBirdy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    LOL @Rae for the "I hate running" song.

I run. I love it. Intervals are cool too. I'm a nicer person when I run.

I should say The End. here right?

The End.
  • pinto_bean
    pinto_bean Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Because no one's chasing me with a weapon...
  • raerae514
    raerae514 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Jogging is boring. Walking is boring. And you end up so far from home :(
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort - the Fiona bra - uniboob yes, but holds 'em tight to the chest. I don't know what size I was before (because I wore ill-fitting bras) but my current DDs never move even a little in this bra. And they make them for larger sizes (I found them by doing research for the best support in a sports bra for big boobies).

My kids are 9 and 13. I still pee my pants when I run. Jump a lot. Bounce on a trampoline. Whatever. Does it suck? YES. Am I being honest about it - YES, because so many women need to know this is NORMAL when you've been through child warfare...AND yes, weight gain. Don't let anyone make you feel bad about it. But this is why I cannot run commando - must have a strip of fabric to place my pantiliner (or some days if I've had tons of water - my freakin' pad) else it's gonna be mighty uncomfortable down there for awhile.

Just keepin' it real. Oh, and I'm hot. So IDGAF what anyone says. There. hahah :drinker:
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Because my workouts are intense enough that I don't need to do typical cardio. And I hate running. I even bought a fancy WaterRower a few years ago so I wouldn't have to run. That gets lots of use. #sarcasm
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    Jogging?? Boooorinnnggg!!! HIIT on the treadmill / stepmill is the way to go if you really want to see results.
  • lilmzzgreeneyez
    lilmzzgreeneyez Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I pee when I jog. Thanks kids.

This. And all the ladies who have had kids out there (vaginally, I should add) and not elected to have bladder surgery are LYING SOBs if they don't say this!

It does go away though. I am proud to say I no longer piss my pants.

No one ever tells us this stuff! That's it, I'm now officially terrified of having children. They'll make me fat again and ruin my body inside and out. I'm sure it's worth it buuuut I want to be sexy for awhile and not piss my pants like an old lady first. D:

haha it depends on how u care for your body while pregnant if you get fat again. and ruin ur body and all. and kegels and giving birth in a better position than lying on ur back can help with the bladder issues. i had 4 children vaginally and none of them gave me seriously bladder issues. i had worse issues after getting catheterized while my gallbladder was removed lol. oh and my children were 8 lbs 9 lbs and 10 lb babies lmao

*sigh* I wanna be a mom but if I hate my body forever and never feel sexy or attractive again it might not be worth it. Oh well, I'll cross that road when I get there. >.<

just remember that you have to watch what u eat still and keep up working out just lessen what u do some. honestly u could do the same as what u were doing when u get pregnant you just have some guidelines to follow. i was terrible when i got pregnatn. with each kid i gained 50 or so lbs and i never got it off me. (it was all fat) thats why i got so fat and i was lazy. i wont ever maket hat mistake again if i have more children.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I had lots of reasons: Everything bounces....... It is hard on my spine........ i have this sentance in my head that I can't get rid of "see the 200 pound lady that jogs around here?"

But I have found that I can jog for short distances, if feels joyful, I can feel my body tighten the core muscles making less of a bounce the more I do it. Good shoes make it easier on my spine.

I am still self conscious about being seen, but I am nearly out of the 200's so it will soon be: see that lady jogger, the weight has been falling off her.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options

No one ever tells us this stuff! That's it, I'm now officially terrified of having children. They'll make me fat again and ruin my body inside and out. I'm sure it's worth it buuuut I want to be sexy for awhile. D:

While I DO have bladder issues, I have a much better body now than I did before I had children.

I've struggled with my weight as soon as I hit puberty. When/if I hit my goal weight, I'll never want to have children because they'll just ruin what I worked so hard to get. And then if I try to lose weight, they'll complain that they have to eat healthy food and "healthy mom isn't fun! I love squishy mom!" I won't be able to focus on weight loss until they move out and bippity-boppity-boo, I'm 60 years old and my life is practically over so why bother? >.<
  • thejulesmarie
    thejulesmarie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Also, this thread reminds me of another reason not to run. People who run become like Jehovah's Witnesses: blathering on and on about how their religion is the One True Religion and if you have reservations, it's because you're ungodly. I would not want to become one of these people.

Not saying that at all! If you don't like running, then don't! All we're saying is that it's not "bad" for you like a lot of people think. Personally, I wish less people ran. Then I wouldn't have to wait for a treadmill at the gym ;)
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Because I like to RUN (thanks to C25K training) and I don't pee. :wink: Yay me!

This is coming from a gal who has asthma and tore her ACL a few years back. My knee has never felt better since I started running 3 months ago. Overall, running is good. I am in need of some better shoes though $$$....anyone?!? :love:
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to psych myself up to start again, but last time I was regularly running I got an ankle injury (from running) so I'm skittish. I don't want an injury to ruin my progress!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    A good sports bra has not been designed for anyone over a B cup. You start moving like that and you have 10lbs of boob all over the place! lol

I happen to have an amazing sports bra for my D's. I zumba/run/jump and these puppies don't move.
    Brand?