Do you believe in love at first sight?

Options

Replies

• 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    yup, I loved my daughter the instant the doctor place her in my arms..
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Well When I met my late wife Zena, it was the end of the Night at a club in Norwich England, I knew by the end of those three dances I wanted her to be my wife, so I did something I never used to do and I asked her for her phone number, she then did something she never used to do and gave it to me. Not sure its first site but took about 20 mins. We were married 23 years 10 months and 9 days when god called her home.

This is a precious story. I'm sure her life was filled with love. I'm glad to know that you believe you'll get to be with her again someday. I wish you many blessings.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I do. but you don't always know you've fallen straight away. You just suddenly stop looking and have a major epiphany about life, the universe and everything. 6 years on you wake up married with a gorgeous little girl.
    You can infatuate at first sight and confuse it with love at first sight, and also sometimes you can have love at first sight but circumstances mean an actual functioning relationship will never work. Oh, life can be so complicated.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    YES! I fell in love with my partner the first time I saw him and we have been together for 10 years!
  • RitaB19
    RitaB19 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do believe in this absolutely!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I believe in lust at first sight

This
  • shantisphotos
    Options
    Yes,I do.I fell in love with my Girlfriend,and that was 4 years ago.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Nope. I believe in lust at first sight (which is fun) but you can't love someone without knowing them.

So how does a mother love her unborn child that she's never met?
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Yes! It happened to me, and took me a year to make him mine! Before that I would have said hell no.
  • Coryd2012
    Coryd2012 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    lust at first sight but it does turn to love i seen him wanted him and have been married to him for 13 years!!
  • RitaB19
    RitaB19 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I take that back, its probably lust, not love at first sight.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    yup, I loved my daughter the instant the doctor place her in my arms..

Too sweet :flowerforyou:
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    No. Infatuation at first sight, yes. It can lead to love but most often it just leads to disappointment. I have a good man now but we'll see how long it takes for him to get bored of me like the others. *sigh*

Isn't that a bit of a defeatist, self fulfilling prophecy type attitude? If he is a good guy... You shouldn't expect him to leave. Then you have no one to blame but yourself when he does.

I'm just having an off day. Also, short marriages and bad relationships run in the family it seems. And I've tried being positive in previous relationships and it's just lead to me getting really hurt by *kitten*. Sooo I always have the "worst case" scenario in my head so I'm not surprised when it eventually happens. Happily ever afters are for Disney Princesses. Girls like me fall in love, get married and then are left to leave the children alone, just like my mother was. I can hope for sometime better but the odds aren't in my favor with a 50% divorce rate in the united states.
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Absolutely.
    My grandparents knew each other for 9 weeks before they were married (six of which they were engaged for). He asked her to marry him right after he asked her to dance. They went to get their marriage license & came back married. The whole story is long & super cute, but I'm lazy, lol.
  • Starzy696
    Starzy696 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Used to...now not so sure.
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    The night I met my husband I never left. Literally...I went to a friends house...he was there and ten years later we are still very much happy, married, 3 kids, still interested in each other, not bored, can't keep our hands to ourselves, want to spend every possible minute together in love. So yes I really believe in LOVE at first site...it was much more then just lust when we met. :love: :smooched: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: On and also...we met on a Saturday...on Sunday he asked me to marry him :) I said yes.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Kind of. When I first met my husband something in the recesses of my brain started screaming "Pay attention! This is important!"
    It wasn't love, that took a little while. I just knew he was going to be important.
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in romantic love at all.
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    I believe in lust at first sight

This.
    Let's hear it for lust.....:tongue:
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Maybe the expression love at first sight might not be the right one.

Meeting someone and after a very short time feeling like you found part of you that was missing?

Finding someone that is so completly compatible with you that you feel comfortable with him/her right away?

i am curious if this is really out there too?