Food you thought weren't too bad until you logged them?

Options

Replies

• CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    My favorite blueberry muffin at WaWa. Found that out the 1st day I started logging, also learned to look food up BEFORE I eat it.
  • owaranai14
    Options
    cinnabons
    say no more
  • Autry403
    Autry403 Posts: 88
    Options
    I ordered a salad the other day at a bbq place. It had pulled bbq chicken & bbq ranch. I knew the dressing was bad but the all of the salad together was 800 calories plus I ate a little bit of nachos which was 500 calories. Didn't realize how much I ate until I logged it!
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite. there are all these foods - cheese, peanut butter to name a couple that spring to mind straight away, that I totally thought were unhealthy. Now I realise they are ok in measured doses. I kind of went through a period where anything that wasn't fish or green veges I considered bad.
  • newmrswood
    newmrswood Posts: 194
    Options
    Mine was my subway meal!!! I thought that stuff was supposed to be healthy, turns out I was eating almost 1200 calories at lunch!
  • akoivisto
    akoivisto Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Went to Famous Dave's for father-in-law's birthday, figured I'd splurge a little; as I love spicy. Order their Spicy Hot Sausage Link. Got home, logged it and stared at it for about 5 minutes. Normally I research what I'm going to eat a head of time, but I never though the link would be 1500 cals.

*grasps chest and keels over* :)
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything that says "low fat." :) Many times I've grabbed the low fat version of something only to find out the calories are about the same, or only slightly less. i.e Dunkin's blueberry muffins.
  • PHS7
    PHS7 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I had some high quality deli turkey breast yesterday - calories ok, but I was shocked at the sodium!!!

Same here. I spend a little extra and go for the low fat/low sodium or "lite" brands. Things like Healthy Ones, Lean Generations, etc. But still the sodium is high. Also cheese. . . .I love cheese but I haven't been eating it much. Usually one slice of 2% Land o Lakes white American or low fat Alpine Lace. I have been buying Kraft No Fat Cheddar and Mozzarella but they don't melt very well.
  • Martinigirly
    Martinigirly Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING!!! I didn't realize how little 1200 calories a day can translate to. Especially when I eat the wrong foods that don't carry me through the morning or afternoon. I am so glad I whooped it up on food when I was in my 20's and 30's!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Miss_Chanelle
    Miss_Chanelle Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bananas!!!!
  • thenessasavitsky
    Options
    35 per slice?! Mind telling me what kind of bread that is?
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I'm a little surprised at some of the responses. I know some are on very restricted calories however, 100% whole wheat bread that I've found higher in calories usually has more fiber and protein in it. I rather eat a high calorie, full of nutrients food than eat a slice of 35 calorie light white bread packed with nothing. Just bc something is higher in calories than you thought doesn't make it a bad food. Vice versa, just bc something is "light" or low calorie doesn't neccessarily make it good for you either.
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, juice, and tacos!
  • 20kisses
    20kisses Posts: 5
    Options
    avocado,,,,,god,,i almost fell off my chair,,haha loggon like a coffee, a bagel and an avocado,,well,,, that shocked me big time,,lol

I had this horrible realization too! I was eating an avacado a day. ack.

Yeah lots of calories YET loaded with nutritional value-worth the calories....keep eating them. I eat them to lower my cholesterol (works) and they are an excellent source of potassium.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    noodels
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    kraft mac n cheese.

I knew it was bad, but I didn't know HOW bad it really was.

^This and Milk Tea with Boba (tapioca beads) so delicious...meal's worth of calories...
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Olives, The sodium content as well....
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    kraft mac n cheese.

I knew it was bad, but I didn't know HOW bad it really was.

This.

And, I swiped a couple bites of my husbands spinach artichoke dip one night and when I went to log it, I realized my 2-3 bites were close to 200 calories! WOW!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    macaroni salad. holy scnikeys!!!!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Ribs!! how can something with so little meat have so many dang calories?

Exactly