What's one thing you hate about working out?

Options

Replies

• theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    agreeing with most people: others who sit on the machines or text/talk/waste my friggin time

annnnd showering so much. it's not good for my hair and I just like being dry, but with 2 workouts a day i have to shower the nasty sweat off or I stink and feel gross.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    People who mean mug me while I am working out. I work hard, I sweat... a lot, deal with it. I don't *****-foot around, I'm not there to socialize or make you happy.
  • mpankratz79
    mpankratz79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the working out part. I have found I enjoy running, but I hate pushing my kiddos(4 and 2) in the stroller. They either need to lose weight or start running themselves. And I am not liking this desert heat.
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Never fails halfway through my run I always have to pee even if I haven't drank anything before hand. Good thing about it though it ups my pace so I can make it to the bathroom quicker :laugh:
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Making time. 40 minutes of actual workout turns into 10 minutes of dressing, and 20 minutes of showering. So, if you have an hour in between work and going somewhere it's hard to talk yourself into doing it! But I do, everytime, the benefits outweigh the time crunch...
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I get SO bored =( My treadmill is in the front room...and everyone hangs out everywhere else.. ='(
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Sweat dripping into my eyes when I'm in the middle of a big lift. What a pita

People staring at me. It makes me flare my nosrils and stare back at them all weird.

People using their back to do barbell curls.
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Most of my workouts are on trails through the woods, so right now, the thing I hate most is bugs!!

YES! I always work out ouside, hiking or biking...damn blackflies are rediculous!

UGH! This is one of the reasons why I finally broke down and got a gym membership! First of all I live in Florida, ambient temp outside is over 80 for at least 6 months out of the year, usually with 80% or more humidity , then there's the gnats, ticks, chiggers, yellow flies, wasps, mosquitos, snakes, etc. etc. etc. And lets not forget the dogs in my neighborhood that people don't seem to be able to keep in their own yards!

I hate not ever feeling like I have enough time. If I go to the gym, what else am I neglecting? (Housework, time with hubby/kids/grandmother, etc.)
  • ANB22
    ANB22 Posts: 64
    Options
    I usually end up walking or riding or skating on the road so I hate when people just fly by u at 60 mph
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I hate having to leave the gym and go back home again, I love that focusing on working out means I forget all the other stuff going on in my life for a while.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I hate that you can't work out more, and speed up your results. Rest is just as critical as work.

If it weren't for that...I'd lift seven freakin days a week, twice a day.
  • lisabruce12
    lisabruce12 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I hate to sweat!
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    Mornings.
    I only have about an hour to work out so I have to go fairly intense.
    It also means that I have to get everything ready the night before (clothing for the next day, food prepared, ect).
    I have a 5:00 wakeup and I have to be at work by 8:00.
    In between all of that, I have to work out, shower, and actually GET to work.

I feel your pain! Mornings is right...
    I have to be up at 4:30 and have to be to work by 7:00 so I have to get it all done in those hours...it's rough some days!
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    my damn boobs are ALWAYS getting in the way....We've talked, been strapped down but just don't seem to being seeing eye to eye...lol...kidding

I hate when guys come in to workout dressing like their going to the club uhhhhhhhhh this isn't a who dresses the best contest..this is a place to workout(So waiting for one to rip their skinny jeans...lol...yup I am evil:)
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say being interrupted. It gets right on my nerves.:mad:
  • lucyster92
    lucyster92 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    realizing what an idiot i look when i'm running or doing a work out video.
  • Masq
    Masq Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Showering twice a day
    I'm not a 'morning person' so working out at 5AM is not an option. SO, I shower in the morning before work and then have to shower again before bed if I work out.
    On the weekends it's not a problem.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Nipple chaffing.

Seriously, when I run distance any of the sweat wicking nylon shirts I wear will rub the tip of my nip right off unless I put some athletic tape or a band aid over them. Get done with my run drenched in sweat and feeling like I just attacked myself with a belt sander! F-ing sucks!
  • SilviCor
    SilviCor Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The whole hair thingy, having to rewash, restyle, etc.
  • Jessastar
    Jessastar Posts: 234
    Options
    Repetitive workouts. Ugh.

People that spend 30 mins doing 2 sets because they're on the phone texting and chatting to everyone. GETTHEHELLOUTOFMYWAY.

lmao.. I hate that too!