What's one thing you hate about working out?

Options

Replies

• blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I workout at home so I hate the fact that I have to set everything up: foam roller, different size weights, water bottle, workout log and music. It's a pain but I do it. :laugh:
  • diletta24
    diletta24 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Uncommonly but I love sweating, drenched shirts give me a feeling of accomplishment :)
    I hate when someone is around and I am on the treadmill as well, but only if he/she is someone I know, pretty weird.

The no. 1 thing I hate about working out outdoor: have to take the car to reach a decent running area + bump into slow people and pedestrians. About running indoor: monotony, particularly when I do not have a blasting playlist on my ipod.

None about the workout itself anyway.
  • aquitania
    aquitania Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I like to go biking, and i do it often, but as soon as the weather improves, i start to wish for some ability to just shoot people with m eyes, cause i can't ride like i'm used to, because they're everywhere! Pedestrians, other bikers, joggers, you name it...

Right now the weather is wonderful, and i would actually like to go out a bit, but it's saturday, and i KNOW that the park is filled with people, and the thought alone makes me tired. I don't know, maybe i'll go later.

But yeah, the answer in one word would be people. :D
  • healthylifeforme
    healthylifeforme Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Sweating! I sweat like no other. I HAVE to shower afterwards, there is no stopping at the store or post office. I go straight home and shower.
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    When you are lifting a really heavy weight and everyone seems to stop what they are doing and starts to watch you instead.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    all the laundry.....people staring...people that follow you....and when someone is on my fav machine or broken for a gazillion months :tongue:
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I don't like working out in front of people, even my hubby. I don't like sweating and I loathe lunges. :P But I do like working out.
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    body odor
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I must be alone in the enjoying the sweating part, makes me feel like I accomplished something. I hate that its hard :/ but I guess if it were easy, no one would be fat.

Oh yes - I agree with this also :) I think that's why I've never managed to enjoy swimming (even though I'm a good swimmer) since you can't see/feel the sweat!

I love swimming! Mostly because its low impact and an easy way to burn a ton of calories. I hate not having my own pool
  • rowenaaitken
    rowenaaitken Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Repetitive workouts. Ugh.

People that spend 30 mins doing 2 sets because they're on the phone texting and chatting to everyone. GETTHEHELLOUTOFMYWAY.

Hahahah! Yes!!! People that go to the gym and do nothing, leave without a bead of sweat. Also girls who "work out" with full make up on. These are the ones who tend to leave flawless.

If you don't come out dripping in sweat what is the point?
  • ElizBald
    ElizBald Posts: 20
    Options
    Sweat. Mine and others.Hate the smell in the weight/cardio room. Which is why I'm into aqua calisthenics, walking and jogging. I also like to chat with friends while I'm warming up and cooling down. Pool's big enough if someone doesn't like our conversations they can go elsewhere.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I hate that it took me so long before I found out I really like to workout! :sad:
  • Julienetan
    Julienetan Posts: 44
    Options
    I love swimming but no swimming pool at my doorstep and have to drive very far to my country club. Hate jogging when people love to stare at my boobs.
  • comogirl
    comogirl Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I don't like to sweat and I dont like that it makes my days busier and comsumes a lot of my free time. I love working out but I love spending time with my family and friends too..... and sometimes its nice to have a little time to veg out.....
  • baptistdonna
    baptistdonna Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The one thing I hate is when I get my hair fixed, even if I just get a simple wrap my scalp sweats and my hair seems as if it has not been relaxed or touched in months. cardiovascular excercises are rough but I have to put in that work to get the results i am looking for.
  • cek31076
    cek31076 Posts: 2
    Options
    sweating.. gross
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    doing laundry a hell of a lot more and if i have good hair that day n it goes to crap cuz of my w/o n showering!
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Being all sweaty and finding the right time of the day to be all sweaty. As much as I like to walk, I don't like to do it in the middle of the day unless I can shower afterwards.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I hate having to shower when I'm having a good hair day :( I also don't like being watched when lifting weights.

YES!!! This, for sure!
  • Fathima0712
    Fathima0712 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have to workout alone..so i do it in my room with TurboJam on my PC and well...there is a table...2 chairs..a bed..and a dressing table and a guitar and a shelf in there and well..i almost everyday end up kicking my leg on the bed while doing the "back kick" hurts like HELL... and i get so into the workout that i forget to look out for it!!! :/:/:p