What's one thing you hate about working out?

Options

Replies

• Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP! When I'm at the gym, I get super paranoid that people are watching and judging me xD
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    other people in the gym
  • maikastar
    maikastar Posts: 78
    Options
    Sweating. I have never been able to deal with sweat.

Ditto...that and knowing I'm all red in the face...no, I'm not self conscious at all
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I hate working out with people. I hate it when people try to talk to me when I am clearing listening to my ipod music.
  • GaidenJade
    GaidenJade Posts: 171
    Options

^ Me too! I can't stand having sweat dripping into my eyes. Makes my hair frizz out and I look like I just stuck my finger in a electrical socket. I have to immediately go take a shower because I can't stand how much stick. :embarassed:
  • thinsoundsgood
    Options
    Actually getting up and doing it. I took a two week break because I was stressed out with finals and way too busy. Today I took a bike ride and my body aches. I guess that's what I get for not working out AND binge eating! Be back on track tomorrow.
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    The other people there, especially the really fit ones, they've done great, but makes me look so much worse! :embarassed:
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I hate when people talk to me while I am working out.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I hate the fact that the 1 hour I finally manage to get to myself isn't being spent having a nice relaxing massage instead ;0)
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    I hate the time it takes. I lose productivity time at work or something I suppose and it gets me mad...

I don't believe a one hour workout is 4% of your day like people say, it's actually more like 6.25% as I don't count that necessary 8 hours sleep I must get haha!
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    The guys that make me feel like the heavy weights and that area is just for the boys...They look at me like your in the wrong area.
    I wont leave;-) .
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Being watched. I have had gym users tell me that I am doing amazingly well which just feeds my paranoia :frown:
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    1. I hate having to wash my hair so much! I've even tried the dry shampoo, but as much as I sweat I need shampoo/ conditioner and HOT water!
    2. It kinda killed my social life! As great as I feel after an amazing work out, I always feel horrible when one of my friends calls on a Friday night to go drink and I'm like "Uhm ya, I have a run at 7am followed by a spin class at 10. Sorry... maybe next week?"

PS - Yes I know #2 is a choice, but it still bothers me for a minute before I get over it and realize that I'm back in a size 8 for the first time since high school!!!!!!!!!! (shameless nsv plug, sorry!)
  • kabbit42
    kabbit42 Posts: 85
    Options
    The working out part? I hate my timing most of all. The only real time I have for any sort of strength training is in the afternoon which makes timing showers all kinds of awkward. I hate washing my hair more than once every 1.5 days so I either don't run in the morning or I don't go out at night.
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    when you're forced to have a rest day because your body is sore. :(
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    It can be anything. Even if you are like me, and LOVE to workout, there's always that one little thing that pisses you off. Which, again, if you're like me, you use it to push further. :)
    Environment, people, the exercise, anything.

Mine is :

I hate working out in front of people. I hate talking while I'm working out and I DEFINITELY hate being watched while I workout.
    It's so aggravating!

I detest it if somebody tries to hold a conversation with me when I am running, this is why I like to run alone. Perfect opportunity for some "me" time lol.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I have been active my whole life and doing jogging since about 16. I can't run anymore because of my knees.
    People I work with that never lifted a finger until age 40, can now run marathons.
    ITS JUST NOT FAIR.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I feel like I'm wasting my time, if I'm not into the workout...then it makes me feel guilty for not giving it 100%
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ Having to cut it short due to taking a shower to go to work ! Total bummer !
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

This.
    And I don't mean a single gleaming drop on my forehead. I'm talking about getting into plank position and watching the sweat drip, drip, drip on the floor beneath me. The second worst thing I hate - having to spray and wipe the floor up because of my crazy sweating.