You care what people think >
    You start working out >
    You eat healthy >
    You body and mind starts to feel healthier >
    You start accomplishing goals >
    You lose weight!!! >
    You start having confidence >
    You don't care what people think anymore >
    People start paying more attention to you not because your thinner but because you are finally being "yourself"!

Just sayin.

Actually, when I'm being myself... most people are pissed and/or terrified. ;)

Haha, somehow I think your a lot nicer then you let on. If you took the time to write this post, yeah...I think so. :)

^^^^ this...I think you are probably a big teddy bear at heart..:love: ..and thanks for the post! ;)
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I think for many people it is just the straw that broke the camel's back.:wink:

Insult after insult after insult from various or the same sources can really get to someone. It's a form of chinese water torture. I think people go 2 ways after hearing this stuff over and over:

1. Really sensitive or 2. Pissed off at the world

I am personally a mix of 1+2=3
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Its funny how it works...

You have low self esteem >
    You start working out >
    You eat healthy >
    You lose weight!!! >
    People start paying more attention to you not because your thinner but because you are finally being "yourself"!

Just sayin.

true.. as i lose weight and am getting a tiny shred of confidence i am caring less and less what people think and guess what they respect me more. Last time my partner had a major go at me, i didnt break down and cry like i usually do because i hate confrontation, i told him to have a little respect and shut up and told him how it was. he was shocked, but i think he respects me more x
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    Its funny how it works...

You have low self esteem >
    You start working out >
    You eat healthy >
    You lose weight!!! >

Just sayin.

Actually, when I'm being myself... most people are pissed and/or terrified. ;)

Haha, somehow I think your a lot nicer then you let on. If you took the time to write this post, yeah...I think so. :)

^^^^ this...I think you are probably a big teddy bear at heart..:love: ..and thanks for the post! ;)

See... that's how rumors and slander get started.
  • cathie2903
    cathie2903 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm not really one to give a monkeys what others think of me. However spending 3 hours sitting by myself at a social event because the other wives completely blanked me whenever I tried to talk to them actually did make me feel like *kitten* at the time. But then I thought well it's them who are rude and shallow and I don't really want to associate with people like that anyway.

If it makes you feel any better, I probably slept with all them in college, and never called them back. ;)

LOL!!!! I'm in love! :flowerforyou:
  • cristaine
    cristaine Posts: 87
    Options

See... that's how rumors and slander get started.

Seriously?! I'm going to tell everyone!

:D

Good advice, for fitness, weight loss AND life.

I always think there is a damn good reason why Haters and Motivators rhyme. Think what you like of Ellen, but her line "My Haters are my Motivators" really comes in handy.

Truth: I went to my school gym a couple weeks ago and some 19 year old boys, snickering, huddling and NOT lifting might I add, spent more time harassing me than working on themselves. In a hormonal moment I braved my way through the workout, humiliated to the core and left, never to return again.

But I didn't stop doing weights. I went to a different gym. I starting lifting HEAVIER. NOBODY makes fun of me in the gym, especially when I am working harder than they are. My dream is to one day go back, lift heavier than their scrawny *kitten* and tell them to kiss mine. *dreams*

Yeah, it isn't nice maybe, but it FEELS good =) And it body checked me into the next level of weights too.

Caring is one thing, letting it STOP or hinder you is letting them win BIG TIME.
  • Gidgetfrombama
    Options
    Every time I see you post a new thread, I think "Man, he's a little ridiculous."

Then I think "I want to be his friend."

I get that a lot, less the friend part.

And she never added me either. I feel empty and alone.

SO funny.. when I first read this, instead of "Ridiculous"... I read it as "Delicious". I dont know if that means I'm hungry or horny. lol Maybe the Armchair Psychologist can help me decide if that was a Freudian slip. lol

My diagnosis for you is that it is Friday. Our time is up. That will be $450.

OMG!! I seriously laughed out loud at both comments!!

Damn.. $450 just to have you look at a calendar?? I could have gotten that informaton from Office Max for about ten bucks. lol Any good attorney should know he should get his money upfront - or atleast a precentage of it. Can I pay you with Trident Layers Gum? lol

Oh.. and NERD moment coming up: "On like Zaxxon"... Would have to imply to bring it on.. in a kickass way. It was a pretty revolutionary game for back then.. Flying fighter jets, shooting enemies, third person point of views... and the first game to simulate 3d. Doesnt sound like much to people that play games from this time period... but when you were used to playing games like "Pong" and "Space Invaders".. it was pretty cool. :)

SO.. I would think to say "It's on like Zaxxon" would be similiar to saying "It's on like Donkey Kong", only better because it was a more 'kick *kitten*' game during it's time. lol
  • gchutson
    Options
    Every time I see you post a new thread, I think "Man, he's a little ridiculous."

Then I think "I want to be his friend."

I get that a lot, less the friend part.

And she never added me either. I feel empty and alone.

SO funny.. when I first read this, instead of "Ridiculous"... I read it as "Delicious". I dont know if that means I'm hungry or horny. lol Maybe the Armchair Psychologist can help me decide if that was a Freudian slip. lol

My diagnosis for you is that it is Friday. Our time is up. That will be $450.

OMG!! I seriously laughed out loud at both comments!!

Damn.. $450 just to have you look at a calendar?? I could have gotten that informaton from Office Max for about ten bucks. lol Any good attorney should know he should get his money upfront - or atleast a precentage of it. Can I pay you with Trident Layers Gum? lol

Oh.. and NERD moment coming up: "On like Zaxxon"... Would have to imply to bring it on.. in a kickass way. It was a pretty revolutionary game for back then.. Flying fighter jets, shooting enemies, third person point of views... and the first game to simulate 3d. Doesnt sound like much to people that play games from this time period... but when you were used to playing games like "Pong" and "Space Invaders".. it was pretty cool. :)

SO.. I would think to say "It's on like Zaxxon" would be similiar to saying "It's on like Donkey Kong", only better because it was a more 'kick *kitten*' game during it's time. lol

Actually, "On" and "Zaxxon" rhyme. "On" and "Kong" do not. "On like Donkey Kong" grammatically pisses me off.
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Why does that not surprise me GC?
  • gchutson
    Options
    Why does that not surprise me GC?

I likie da grammar.
  • NamsdnaL
    NamsdnaL Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Bump!
    For when I need a wake-up call. Thanks! :drinker:
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Love this lol
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    so true!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Although I'm tempted to be "offended" by some of the language the OP used in this post, I'm MUCH MORE apt to agree with his overall statement.
    :happy:
    "LIKE!" Well said my friend!
  • StephanieDJL
    StephanieDJL Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this :)
  • gchutson
    Options
    Thank you for this :)

What can I say. I ooze love.
  • MThornburg74
    Options
    Ok, tough-love time...

I've seen string-after-string of "whining" and "crying" about the things other people say.

Examples:
    - "They insulted me."
    - "They hurt my feelings."
    - "They made me sad."

Here's a few steps to help some of you guys with the crushing things other people say...

Step 1: Stop giving a *kitten* what other people think.
    Step 2: Repeat Step 1.

Now I have no doubt, a handful of people will be morally outraged by what I just typed.
    Please reference Steps 1 through 2.

(I'm sure a few of you have seen me post that on other strings)

When you get "offended," "hurt," "insulted" and "morally outraged," you've already lost the battle, because you granted the other party all the power before you even got started. When you run to your blog or forum to e-whine about how "that big mean person made you saddy-sad," they win. And you helped them to do it.

- When you cry, they win.
    - When you're "emotionally devastated," you give them all the power.
    - When you're the "victim," you make them the "victor."

Don't let them win.

I LOVE this whole post!! Perfectly said! I am shocked at how many people cry and whine about all of this... I am at the point where I can just ignore negativity. I am doing great things and feeling good about what I am doing and the progress I a making...if someone wants to comment or make snide remarks...go ahead. But at the end of the day...I will go to bed feeling good about myself because I worked my *kitten* off (literally) and am making a difference in the way I look. I lost hope of ever becoming a beauty queen the first time I looked into the mirror. LOL! I am just aiming to be healthy... NICELY DONE!!!!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Hooray for perfect people and reacting perfectly every single time. :flowerforyou:

This.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I just want to say AMEN to your post. Love it
  • gchutson
    Options
    Hooray for perfect people and reacting perfectly every single time. :flowerforyou:

This.

Irony can be so ironic sometimes.