Non-Scale Victories (NSV) - Care to share? Vol II

Options

Replies

• SandraD89
    SandraD89 Posts: 809
    Options
    My NSV is now being in a size medium shirt, and size 6 pants. The lowest i have ever been in pants are size 8 so to be lower after i had my child is an amazing feeling. I also am 13lbs away from my pre pregnancy weight.
  • monicasuze
    monicasuze Posts: 37
    Options
    Noticeable Ab definition.
  • briebear77
    briebear77 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    i realized one day i kinda enjoy doing burpies..

Whoa, let's not start talking crazy now.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as an NSV, but it made me smile. I went for a massage today, after my first week of P90X, and the (HOT) massage therapist was like, I see you're doing your push-ups, good girl. Then when he moved down to my quads, he said wow you run too!? VERY good girl!

Awesome.

Where is this massage therapist? Nice!!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • fontinathefox
    fontinathefox Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The other day I thought I felt a lump on my arm while I was showering. Turns out the "lump" is actually a muscle.

This one made me laugh.

Mine are 1) being able to zip up my old winter coat, which I've been wearing unzipped for the past three winters, and 2) the "big" clothes I bought last year and all too big for me now, and I can fit into most of my old "small" wardrobe.

Oh, just thought of another one - I look in the mirror and see the stomach and waist I always wanted!
  • MsTT80
    MsTT80 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    At the same time as loosing weight, I managed to stop smoking....12 weeks now!:drinker:
  • fontinathefox
    Options
    Oh god, completely forgot my main one - finishing 30 Day Shred last Friday :smile:
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    The first time I did squats 2 short months ago, my entire lower body was in agony for days. I couldn't sit down because any pressure on the backs of my legs was so horribly painful. I did my squats yesterday, and today I don't feel even a tiny bit of soreness.
  • fontinathefox
    Options
    Just thought of yet another one! I went to a Body combat class last night, for only the second time. The first time I went (this was months ago) I really struggled to keep up and felt like I was going to pass out at one point - last night I kept up throughout the whole class and even managed to do kicks that I couldn't do last time. So proud!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    My pants were fallng off today! (that sounds so weird, but I'm soooo happy!)

I bought a pair of trackies last week for running that are a size smaller than I'm used to and had to stop yesterday to tie the cord as they were falling down while i was jogging.
  • Elise_healthy4life
    Elise_healthy4life Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Here is my NSV
    22ee0631.jpg
    06b05ef6.jpg
  • 69saab
    69saab Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Vacation this week… needed to buy some shorts that fit (first new clothes since I started MFP).
    Back in December I wore size 38/40 pants…. Last night I bought some size 36 that have a little room and some 34 that are a little snug. The largest size I ever owned was 42 that had some stretch… so to now be in a size 34 in less than 6 months… crazy.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    My newest ones are:

I used to be a tight 22 jean. I am now a size 14 and the hubby told me they are drooping in the butt again. I haven't lost much since then so it must be that I am toning up!

I have a ab definition line going down the middle of my belly.

The little back fat roll is almost gone! haha

sorry to edit
  • ohthathoneybadger
    Options
    I love this idea- sometimes I can get a bit hung up on the scale (especially when there's nothing happening!) so it's great to look at what I've achieved in other ways..

- I can walk for longer and walk faster than I ever could, even on my bad days (I'm dealing with a health condition so plenty of good and bad days!)

- I've gone down a dress size

- I have to wear a belt with all my jeans and I have to close it in a bit tighter than usual (in addition, two of my favourite dresses are fitting me far better, when they used to be uncomfortably tight- they sat around in my wardrobe too long!)

They're humble, but they're definite signs of progress, and I'm really glad I read this topic today. I've been down on myself because I've found the going tough, but this was exactly what I needed.

(Also, first post- be gentle!)
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My NSV is a few different things...

I was out running/walking the other morning and got cheered on by everyone I passed
    I am now wearing a loose fitting size 16 pants and large size running shorts.
    (Before I started I was slowly creeping into a size 20...)
    I am getting closer to being able to run and it not kill my bad knee
    My bf told me I looked amazing (we only see each other once a week)
    I am officially out of the 190s (189 this morning)
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Oops forgot some

I can do 1 real push up
    And I ran a 15 minute mile. Not super fast but it was a goal for me
  • Lmacpherson114
    Options
    I've lost 1.5 inches around my middle, .5 inches off my hips/bum and 1.5 inches off my thighs!

My husband said he's worried about other guys looking at me now i'm getting more toned and fitter.

I swam for 45 minutes yesterday and didn't feel self conscious getting in and out of the pool and didn't get too out of breath!

I'm a 1/6th of the way through 30DS!
  • EvieNieves
    EvieNieves Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Went to try on size 6/7 pants which is what I have been for years and they were all too big! :D Im a size 4! I haven't been a size 4 since freshmen year of highschool! It was fun trying in shorts too for once!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    NSV - logging... even with some poor choices.... What goes in me - goes in my food diary!

:flowerforyou:
  • anit3490
    anit3490 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My drivers licence is lying about my weight. But for the first time EVER it says I weigh more than I actually do. It makes me reallly happy. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!