Do you believe in love at first sight?

Replies

• herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Totally. 7 years and still going strong.
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Only when it comes to children. Although I loved him before I saw him, the feelings just intensified.
  • CrossFitBeast
    CrossFitBeast Posts: 320 Member
    I believe in lust at first sight
    :drinker: :drinker:
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    I don't believe in romantic love at all.

Well aren't you sweet. I can see why you'd feel compelled to click on a thread about love.
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    No. I'm too practical for love at first sight. I'm one of those people who question whether or not you can be in love.

I mean, I love my son, but there is a difference between loving someone and being "in love."
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Absolutely. The first time I met my husband I came home called my mom in the middle of the nite to tell her I just met my soul mate.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    I don't believe love, in the form you are talking about.
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Lust at first sight... yeah, daily

Love at first sight?... Actually, yes. Saw a girl walk into my classroom when I was eight... turned to my friend and said, "she'll be my girl."

My friends didn't really like her (too immature... at EIGHT!) Sadly, as an eight year old, I was too stupid to go with my young heart, and instead was a jerk to her with my friends... but she kept plugging along... writing me letters smelling heavily of cheap perfume but explained away as being air freshener, for a couple of years.

We met again in High School... she was still really sweet and, by that time, after being such a jerk, I figured I didn't have a shot.

16 years later, we find each other... I find out she's never been married... had always thought that someone who was truly made for her would find her... but had recently taken on a relationship that she wasn't completely head over heals for, but was firmly entrenched.

To this day, she is beautiful, in and out... simply one of the best people i know... always have and always will love her...

So yeah... I believe in it.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Love at first sight, well not love at first sight...but I do believe in an instant connection...I think its more for intelligence and humor....the love comes later....
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Yes, I was/am a shy person, and I can't talk to "hott" guys without getting all tongue tied, sweaty, frigidity and just making myself look stupid. The day I met my husband, I was 17 at the time. I immediately thought he was "hott". I was able to talk to him, as if we had known each other forever it was so easy. I even ended up giving him my e-mail & phone number. His ex-girlfriend saw us that day talking and laughing and even asked me if I was his girlfriend. I of course said, no I just met him today. anyways long story short, I tried to keep him in the friend zone for the longest time, saying that I hadn't known him long enough, He's just gonna hurt me if I take it to the next level, like my last 2 boyfriends did. After a few months he asked me out and I turned him down, he kept talking to me and after a while I stopped fighting my feelings for him and asked him out, we've been together ever since.
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    I'll believe it if or when it damn happens. ;-) I am hopeful though.
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Lust yes, I am too much of a cynic to believe in love at first sight. I also believe you can love someone when there is no chance of it ever working out, despite them ticking all your boxes. Sometimes life just gets in the way of your heart.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    tumblr_ltfhgg2rQp1qcm16uo1_500.png

:love:
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Yes i do believe in it. But dont know if it ever really last or that its real.
  • jarheadjo
    jarheadjo Posts: 17
    yes
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    No way
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    I deifinitely do.
  • H8T3D
    H8T3D Posts: 77 Member
    No..It's more like Lust at first sight, you can't truly love something without getting to know them...
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Possibly.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    maybe not sight, but maybe upon the first meeting. My husband and I knew each other for 24 days when we got married. We have been married for over 20 years.