Replies

• babgrl
    babgrl Posts: 4
    Options
    So how do you find your real BMR?
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    After reading a bunch of threads today I came across two sites that will give you your BMR. http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators.html
    was one and unfortunately I can't find the other again. Both said mine is around 1800 which I find to be high.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    After reading a bunch of threads today I came across two sites that will give you your BMR. http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators.html
    was one and unfortunately I can't find the other again. Both said mine is around 1800 which I find to be high.

MFP also gives you BMR... Just go up top to tool and click on BMR.
  • kelleymj
    kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting....I have been working out quite hard for the past 5 weeks....45 ~ 90 minutes cardio and strength training 3 x a week. For the past two weeks, I have been extremely tired. I am suppose to get 1290 calories a day that is before exercise and I haven't been eating back my exercise calories...my net has been between 500 and 900 calories a day....NO WONDER I am EXHAUSTED!!! Thank you for posting!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    This is great information! My net is much lower than it should be. I'm glad I found this so early in my journey. The rough part is that I find it difficult to eat even the 1200 calories that MFP says I should be eating and I burn 350-500 depending on the workout. This is going to take some real thought.
  • miaroche
    miaroche Posts: 12
    Options
    bump
  • soonersgurl
    Options
    awesome! thanks for sharing this!:drinker:
  • martyne1981
    Options
    This is a FANTASTIC post and such so useful!! Thank you! xxx
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mmurelli
    mmurelli Posts: 26
    Options
    this is exactly what my trainer says, she's also a nutritionalist.
    thanks.
  • maybenott
    maybenott Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yay! Thank you for sharing
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    This is great information. Thankyou for sharing.