Push up Buddies!!!

Options

Replies

• aeswan
    aeswan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    Katie, I agree with Leshawn! You go! I'm still thinking about adding the squats, but haven't started yet.

cp005e, welcome! I'm impressed with how far you've gotten--gives me something to look forward to! I am doing modified push ups, and probably even with the modified ones am not getting as low as I should... but I know I'm getting stronger.

I have not checked in for a few days, but I did do W2D3 on Monday. I forgot to do my end-of-week test yesterday, and so I cheated a little and went straight to W2D1, column 2 today (since I'm pretty sure that's where I'd be anyway). Wow, it kicked my butt! Or my arms, I guess! :wink: It was a lot harder than column 1, but I guess that's good. :tongue:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Thanks for welcoming me! :happy:

I just made it through week 4, day 2 on level 2. I will definitely be repeating this week because I realized about halfway through my sets that I wasn't quite going down all the way. Oh well, I did them anyway!
    29 (min 28) - I was really trying for 30, but it just wasn't happening! :tongue:
  • katie517
    katie517 Posts: 159
    Options
    I have yet to take the test (and most likely start W2 again). I have been trying unsuccessfully to ward off a sinus infection. So, I've been taking it easy. Hopefully I can retake the test tomorrow and get back on track. Until then, I can be the cheerleader for the rest of you. :flowerforyou: Go Team!
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Katie, get better soon!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Aeswan, I'm right with you!! I did col.2 w2d1 today and it was a beast!!! But I still feel stronger than I did when I started so I'm happy!!! I'm really struggling with my sodium right now so I haven't lost any weight in a while :sad: !!! That's frustrating!!:frown: I have WW workout tonight. I'm doing it all week then I have Zumba class on Saturday.

Keep up the good work everyone!!! :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou: :love:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Have a happy friday buddies!!!

Don't forget to do your pushups!!! :tongue:
  • aeswan
    Options
    Just did mine--W2D2 column 2. Whew, it was hard, but... I did 15 in the last set (min was 13), which adds up to a total of 55 (modified) push ups !!! :happy: :drinker: :happy: :drinker:

It just occurred to me, while reading cp005e's post with the list of numbers in it to add them all up. Now, that was not 55 in a row, but just 3 weeks ago, I could barely do any. And look at me now! Woot!

Hope everyone has a Happy Halloween--I'm hoping that I can make it through the day with just a couple of small pieces of candy. :flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Way to go, everyone! aeswan, I like adding them up too - it may not be consecutive, but it's a heckuva lot of push ups! katie, I hope you feel better.

I forgot about my push ups today until just now - and it is really late. So I'll be back tomorrow to finish up week 4. Beware the Halloween candy... :laugh:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Good morning folks!!!

I'm up early to work out so I figured I'd hop on and say hey!! Happy Halloween to ya!! I did w2d2 col2 today. It is a beast!!!! My goodness!!!!! But I feel great after wards and I know I'm getting stronger. Its funny because my shoulders and back are starting to show signs of going down but the biceps and triceps still look fat!!! :noway: :grumble: What's that about??:angry: Oh well I'll keep trying. :drinker:

Good job buddies!!!!! :flowerforyou: :love:
  • aeswan
    Options
    Leshawn, I know how you feel! I haven't noticed my shoulders and back so much, but I have noticed a big difference in how my right arm vs my left arm is looking. Left triceps is still pretty jiggly, while the right one is getting noticeably firmer. That's probably in part because I can't straighten my left arm all the way due to an old injury, so I'm not getting that last little bit of push with it, plus it's kid of a self-perpetuating problem--my right arm is stronger, so I use it more, so it gets stronger, etc, etc :grumble:

Have a good weekend all! Don't forget to fit in some push ups. :wink:
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    well I'm trying to get myself psyched up to do mine. Just ate a little fruit so I'm going to do them in about 15 more minutes. They are hard but I agree that once you do them you feel really good.
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Okay I just finished W3D3! I too like to total 55! Husband was impressed. Then I went out & did 15 rowing pull ups on the perfect pull up bar !

I may do week 3 again. I still have to test and see if I can do 16 in a row!

Have a great week end.

Husband & I are going on a fall train excursion to Asheville NC tomorrow.

I'll check back with you all on Monday!
  • katie517
    Options
    Glad to see you ladies are still on track. Keep up the good work!

I am almost over my sinus infection. So, I decided to take the tests today. I am moving on to week 3 in all of the challenges and in the second column for the sit ups. I am feeling pretty proud of myself, especially after taking a week off. I feel so much stronger already.

Have an awesome week! Looking forward to hearing everyone's progress in November.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Hey Hey!!! W2d3 col 2 is again a BEAST!!!! So do I test again after this week or do I go on to week 3 and then test after week 3?? Good job everyone!!! I gotta admit this is the longest that I've stuck to a challenge and I thank all of you for your kind words and support.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: Now if I can just put this type of effort into finding myself a boyfriend??!!!:noway: :grumble: :bigsmile:
  • aeswan
    Options
    Cindy, WTG!! I hope you had a nice trip.

Katie, I'm glad you're feeling better, and congrats on the progress!

I, too, will be moving on to Week 3--I just did W2D3, column 2, and since I did 16 in my last set, I know I can do at least that many! Yay! But I do have to admit, I took waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy more than 120 seconds in between sets--I'm trying to get some photos and such like organized, and I got distracted by my sons' (mostly empty :embarassed: ) baby books (they are 2 & 4 now--I guess I missed the boat on that. :embarassed: :frown: ). But I think it was only about 25 min total for all 5 sets, so it's not like I took an hour off in between.

Leshawn, in response to your question, I think I'm just going to move ahead to W3 in column 2--it looks hard, but more in line with what I did this week, in column 2 of W2, and I sort of don't want to miss a day by taking one to do the test, since MWF has been working well for me.

Anyway, a big CONGRATS!!!! to you for sticking with it this long! :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile: And to me, too, since I only made it through the first week the first time I tried. And to everyone else also, of course. YAY US!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Keep up the good work! :bigsmile:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Good job everyone!!!!! :drinker:

Keep up the good work. I start w3 tomorrow.:noway: I feel like I'm up to the challenge although I'll admit my arms are getting beat up with this challenge and the lifting that I've been doing. But I want to make a visible difference in them so I'll continue to beat them up. :bigsmile:

Have a good day!!! :heart:
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Hello, Good job everyone. So is anyone seeing results yet? Physical. So i have been doing it for 3 weeks and I start in the third column but on the 2 nd week i am still in the 3rd Last night i had trouble finishing the 2wd2 but if i do column 2 its to easy for me. Should i just rest a little longer.
  • katie517
    Options
    I am definitely seeing and feeling the results. I love to flex and touch my biceps now. Visually the difference is probably minimal so far. But I can see it. I'm looking forward to tank top season. I should be totally ripped by then. :laugh:
  • hopeandfaith24
    Options
    i need to start doing pushups again. i haven't done them in a real long time because my back has been upped, but now it is a lot better. the last time i tried to do a pushup i could barely do one haha, i know it's pathetic. i just need to find time in my day to day shedule to do more. i want to be able to do at least 50 full out pushups.
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    hopeand faith - feel free to join the challenge!!! You can google one hundred push up challenge to follow along with us.

Alright everyone, I know you thought I dropped off the earth but I'm here still!!! I'm really off schedule but I will catch up this weekend. I'll probably double up so that I can be on week 4 starting on Monday.

How is everyone doing?? Thanks again for participating!!!! :heart: :smooched:
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    I'd like to join. What is our overall goal?
    I'll post how many i can do after my workout.