Corn used my man-parts as a speedbag.

Options

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I do believe food allergies and intolerances were listed as exceptional circumstances in the original post.

Absolutely. Moral reasons as well.
  • tweakz20
    tweakz20 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My pink weights will guide me to look like muscle man Randy Savage, just wait and see.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    My pink weights will guide me to look like muscle man Randy Savage, just wait and see.

Are they going to kill you?
  • annew77
    annew77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I needed to hear this today. I have 60 lbs to loose and after losing 3 lbs last week, I stayed the same this week (ugh!). Trying to remember to be patient, which is always the hardest part, right?!

Thank you.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I only ate 500 cal yesterday and burned 900 cal exercising but put on 6lbs, am I in starvation mode? :laugh: :laugh:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I only ate 500 cal yesterday and burned 900 cal exercising but put on 6lbs, am I in starvation mode? :laugh: :laugh:

Absolutely. Eat less.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    1) I agree with everything in the OP. I would only hope everyone reads this. Can we copy/paste this without the 11 pages of comments into the unofficial MFP FAQ?

2) You can develop an allergy to anything overnight. One of the reasons I quit cosmetology many years ago is because I developed an allergy to aluminum hydroxide after being exposed to it many times. Now worling in the medical field, I've developed a deadly allergy to the powder in sterile latex gloves.

3) Everything causes cancer. The air we breathe causes cancer. Grilled meat causes cancer. I had cancer when I was 3, 12, and 23 years old. But it was due to genetics, not processed food. Luckily for me, the tumors were removed before metasticizing.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options

You don't need to eat clean.

And you don't need to listen to this guy.

Don't need to eat clean? At all? Ok, let me just load my body up with pure crap so long it's within my allowance of calories for the day because it doesn't matter if my arteries clog up and I have a heart attack so long as I've lost some weight and gained some muscle, right?
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    Well, I'm at least glad to hear that corn did not, in fact, use your man parts as a speedbag....while I don't have man parts, I do imagine that to be extremely painful. And hilarious.
  • theesfield
    theesfield Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I heart you!
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

Don't need to eat clean? At all? Ok, let me just load my body up with pure crap so long it's within my allowance of calories for the day because it doesn't matter if my arteries clog up and I have a heart attack so long as I've lost some weight and gained some muscle, right?

It is obvious you haven't read through the thread.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

while I dont accuse the OP of doing this, you will find a lot of people here that almost seem to brag that they eat crap and still lose weight. And then there are those that scoff and ridicule people who discuss "clean" eating. This place has every imaginable approach to weight loss. Like the original post, many do complicate it to such a point that it becomes frustrating and it neednt be that way.

for those that scoff at clean eating, let em. I find it almost impossible to eat totally clean, but I like the results of eating as clean as I can and have acheieved a balance, in my mind anyway, that is sustainable.
  • AngieJoy81
    AngieJoy81 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    About the gluten jab...

I was making a sarcastic comment about how gluten has become the new "evil food." I am fully aware that celiac disease exists. However it effects a small portion of the population. "Gluten sensitivity" cannot be tested for accuracy and and there is no clear path for diagnosis. The latter is not a statement to say that it does not exist just that the likelihood could be compared to... let's say... avocados, as our friend has experienced. Should he feel deceived by those that told him that avocados were good for him? Perhaps he should start an avocado-free diet fad that should apply to everyone? I should hope that no one will take my statement over those of their doctor's thereby making my quip a "dangerous" statement. In the future, I will qualify all of my sarcasm with footnotes.*

*no I won't.
  • muffinwench
    muffinwench Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    And... just because someone posts it on MFP and a bunch of people agree doesn't make it true, either. Just sayin'. :)
    Ah, but the person who did post it can scientifically back it up. If you know him, then it's fair to say that what he posts is with actual correct info.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Fair enough - don't know him. Just trying to say, "grain of salt"... We are on an open forum, after all. :) No specific disrespect meant. I enjoyed both the post, and the hullaballoo that came after.
  • MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    When most of you have cancer, Alzheimers, and heart disease when you are 58 years old, don't say we didn't tell you so.

Yeah, you may weigh a good weight, but that doesn't mean you are healthy on the cellular level.

I don't have cancer, alzheimers or heart disease and I am 58 so what does that make me? a sodding miracle? :laugh:
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

while I dont accuse the OP of doing this, you will find a lot of people here that almost seem to brag that they eat crap and still lose weight. And then there are those that scoff and ridicule people who discuss "clean" eating. This place has every imaginable approach to weight loss. Like the original post, many do complicate it to such a point that it becomes frustrating and it neednt be that way.

for those that scoff at clean eating, let em. I find it almost impossible to eat totally clean, but I like the results of eating as clean as I can and have acheieved a balance, in my mind anyway, that is sustainable.

I think its the phrase "clean eating" that is the fault. People who say they eat chips, chocolate, takeout, mean they do so in moderation with a healthy diet.
  • ovege
    ovege Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    This should be required reading before anyone is allowed to set up an account.
    Well said!
  • KingDutchess1
    Options
    WOW... suddenly I don't feel so stressed and overwhelmed... thank you for sharing your post. :love:
  • DL717
    DL717 Posts: 31
    Options
    I know everyone already said this, but thank you!!! You are so right! :)