Where do you workout?

Options

Replies

• LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I workout at home. I have a million DVDs. I run and walk outside in my neighborhood, and sometimes if it rains and I feel like I want to run I will go to the gym room center in my neighborhood.
  • BevbeMoore
    BevbeMoore Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    LA Fitness and I love it!! My location in Matteson, IL has the best staff and instructors!! I give God all the glory for my success and thank Him for using the LA Fitness team to help and encourage me in this journey. What has also been a blessing to me is the other members I have met at LA Fitness along this journey, especially once I started taking classes. I find now that for me going to the gym is about the workout and the community of people who are on this path too.In the past, I tried working out at home alone and it would not be long before I would find an excuse not to work out. I look forward to going to the gym and hit it hard and when my t-shirt is drenched and my hair is soaking wet I know I worked hard! Thank you LA Fitness in Matteson for a wonderful customer experience!!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I workout in my basement. I used to go to the gym but stopped about 2 years ago.
  • andi_everywhere
    andi_everywhere Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Monday mornings---swim and stationary bike at 24 hour fitness
    Monday evenings---group X class (either turbokick or bodypump) and strength training with my wife
    Tuesday mornings--elliptical trainer at 24
    Tuesday evenings--cycling and running bric workout with tri group at Griffith park (LA Zoo)...flat and fast
    Wednesday mornings--swim and rowing machine at 24
    Wednesday evenings--group X class (turbokick or bodypump) and strength training with my wife
    Thursday morning--basketball and sprints at 24
    Thursday evening--cycling and running bric workout with tri group at Bonelli Park...hilly
    Friday morning--swim and stationary bike at 24
    Friday evening--group X class (turbokick or bodypump) and strength training with my wife
    Saturday morning--5K trail run behind the house (if no race)
    Saturday rest of day--Outdoor adventure with family (changes every week) ZOO, aquarium, park, whichever
    Sunday afternoon--wife swim lessons at 24 after church then family and friends easy bike ride

And yes I do have to workout this much along with a healthy diet to lose/maintain weight..hurray for a slow metabolism

I'm tired just reading this!
  • Catjag
    Catjag Posts: 107
    Options
    I work out at 3 of the 6 different Las Vegas Athletic Clubs. Actually, I teach there so I usually stick around and knock out a workout too.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    I work out at home. The kids do their school work/watch a quick show, and I hide myself away in the computer room/ Room Of Pain to do CLX.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I workout at home, and it works best for me right now. Its free and I can squeeze the workouts in whenever I can find a few minutes to myself.
  • Bookworm_Chris
    Bookworm_Chris Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Work out at LA Fitness. I could probably have gotten a better deal on a membership somewhere else, but this one is located right next door to where I drop my sweetie off at work every day. He and I go to LA Fitness at least 4 nights a week together to work out, plus they have a pool. For me its worth the extra $ to know its a place I will go to, because I am right by it at least 5 days out of the week. Leaves less room for excuses. So far, I like it.. kind of hard to get cardio equipment (esp. a treadmill) during peak hours, but the pool is really nice, and they have a whirlpool there as well, which is a nice post-workout treat.
  • andi_everywhere
    andi_everywhere Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I canceled my LA Fitness membership 6 months ago because I moved and hated the one near my new house. Been working with a personal trainer at Florida Fitness Concepts in Orlando for about a month now - LOVE! I work with him 5-6 times a week. Sure it's expensive but it's exactly what I need right now to kick my butt into gear! One of these days the money's going to run out and I'll have to figure something else out; probably end up at the local Gold's.
  • Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I workout at home.. I have a treadmill and a punching bag and gloves.. some weights. I like it.. don't have to go to the gym!!
  • jc6733
    jc6733 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I workout at the gym and at home :)

A great home workout website is bodyrock.tv as well as the youtube channel zuzkalight!

Otherwise gym, gym, gym for some heavy lifting!
  • jc6733
    jc6733 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    And by gym I mean GoodLife Fitness, did great things for me for years and now I work there! :)
  • anniemjay
    anniemjay Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I live in Waikiki which is a beautiful place for an early morning run. It needs to be early morning for me because later, so many people are out and about, it's difficult to run around everyone, so I have a 24 hour fitness membership. I have so many dvds, and gadgets to work out at home too, but I have a tiny apartment and hardly ever use them.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Outdoors (beach when I am back home), (track/campus, when I am in school), my apartment, and sometimes the gym
  • kmcaan
    kmcaan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I workout at Valley athletic club, tumwater, at home on my recumbent bike, and in my travels at the hotel. I have bad knees so need low impact.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Lifetime Fitness.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Powerhouse Gym. It was a locally owned gym, but the owner sold it when his mom got sick and he needed to be with her. They've done alot and added alot since switching to a PH, BUT.. there are also A LOT more people.
  • hlp423
    hlp423 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness ; ) I just started 5 days ago. Its nice because you can bring a friend for free everyday! I like it alot so far.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Crunch Fitness
    Elliptical at home
    Outdoors
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I go to our local Y. Unfortunately it is pretty ghetto and the hours are limited...nothing compared to any of the other Y's I have been to. Like being able to use nationwide Y's when I travel home etc, but at this point exploring other options.