What *don't* you track in your diary?

Options

Replies

• BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I don't track spices unless it's a mix and has some sodium (I care and am tracking it).

I don't track coffee when I drink it black (about half the time nowadays).

I don't track tea, unless it's sweetened (and typically iced).

I don't track any supplements (not that I take many).

I don't track gum (the rare piece here or there).

I don't track water.
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I don't track spices.
    I don't track water.
    I don't track tea or the honey I put in it.
    I dn't track my awesomeness, but thats because it isn't an option.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Don't track:

I sometimes put crystal light truvia in my water and that's like 15 cals but I don't usually count it.

Actually the one with Truvia is 30 calories for the whole packet, it's 15 per serving & a packet is supposedly 2 servings. :mad: :grumble: This annoys me, in case you cannot tell.
  • TChester_05
    TChester_05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Herbs and spices and no calorie drinks (water, coffee, tea, diet soda, etc.).

Everything else goes in there.

Random yes...but has anyone ever told you how much you look like Abby from NCIS??

PS I dont track spices either...almost everything else though. I'm still getting the hang of calorie counting so I enter it to be sure I'm not missing anything.
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    gum
  • jdforshort
    jdforshort Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I don't track Vitamins and spices like Haldi, red pepper, home made garam masala etc But definitely track packaged masalas used in cooking or marinade as they have quite a few Cal and Carb!
  • Neconilis
    Neconilis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My daily pills & vitamins, and '0' calorie spices.
  • rebeccadoudak
    Options
    spices and coffe
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't track:
    -- Drinks without calories, including water.
    -- Spices
    -- Very small amounts of low calorie vegetables (like one small hot pepper)
    -- Small amounts of stock or broth

Sometimes I don't track meals eaten out. If I can't get a reasonable guess at the calories or ingredients, I don't see the point of making something up that may be wildly off.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Water

Same with me
  • Mykaelous
    Mykaelous Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I generally don't track vegetables or even fruit that I eat as a snack. If I decide to have a random orange or some carrots I guess I just feel that the calories are insignificant and that the nutritional value outweighs any negative impact on my calorific intake. Ill tack them if I have a meal, but if I just finished a workout and decide to have a banana the 70 calories IMO are not going to make or break my diet, what will is whether I decided to have a salad for lunch or a 6 dollar burger.
  • laurenbausch
    laurenbausch Posts: 146
    Options
    Plain herbal hot tea...I drink a ton of it but limit my caffeine intake, so only 1 or 2 green teas a day, but I drink many other varieties.

Vitamins...nope, don't track those either.

Spices...I don't add salt to my food though and cook without salt.

A few low calorie non-starch veggies I top my salad with.

Water intake, but I'm always over 8 glasses anyway. I'm always thirsty and make plenty of bathroom runs because I can't put down the H2O. My husband thinks it's hilarious.

Everything else is meticulously tracked though.
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    like many others: spices, gum and diet soda (non-caffeine) as I might only have one a week.
    coffee I track because I'm trying to be conscious of how much I drink.
    I also don't track the Vit D I take every morning or the mag.citrate I take at night (if I take it)
  • MeaganFeds
    MeaganFeds Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't track spices, water, or medication. I've been taking Robitussin and cough drops, but I figure I'm buring off those calories with all my coughing anyway :)
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Spices. It's too tedious of a process for something that doesn't have calories most of the time.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I don't track anything that has 0 caloric value, or only 5-10 calories per serving (like coffee, which I drink black).
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Alcohol!! Yep, I said it.

When I track alcohol and know I am going over due to that alone, I get the "screw it" attitude and just eat whatever. However, in the last two and a half weeks, I stopped tracking alcohol and only food and saw the scale moving down again. I think its because I stopped stressing about my food and just ate what I knew I should.
  • hellokitty41489
    Options
    I don't track water; I just don't see the point in it I rarely drink anything besides water so it isn't like I don't get enough of it and need to remind myself to drink it
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    When I am logging, I log everything except water.