What do you waste your money on?

Options
MrEmoticon
MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
I'm typically a fairly frugal person.

But sometimes I say screw it, and go spend money on some pretty neat (if useless) things. Recently I bought an expensive pair of sunglasses and some watches. In the past it's been things like one of those ecospheres. Right now, I'm totally thinking of buying this : http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/e7f1/?icpg=Banner_MeltingClock_20120617

So, what's your guilty pleasure for just throwing away your money?

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Guitars
    Fancy dinners
    Sunnies
    Clothes
    Watches
  • rosie5656
    rosie5656 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Going out to eat! But now that I am on MFP I will be cutting back on that for sure! :)
  • FLCullen
    FLCullen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Trashy gossip magazines!!! I hate myself for funding the Kardashian Empire, but I just can't say no!!! Also, I can't resist buying shampoo/conditioner/moisturiser/shower gel in the supermarket. I can barely fit in my shower for all the junk I buy!
  • MrEmoticon
    Options
    Guitars
    Fancy dinners
    Sunnies
    Clothes
    Watches

What kind of watches? we may be friends haha
  • Tanyawhite30
    Tanyawhite30 Posts: 473
    Options
    Shoes and purses......oh...and I can't forget the strippers....
  • MrEmoticon
    Options
    I mean strippers, hookers and blow are kind of a given. I'm more asking things that are not necessities in life.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    ♥ Tattoos
    ♥ Hair dye
    ♥ Doggie toys
    ♥ Clothes that I wear once and decide I HATE it
    ♥ Random nonsense like old mobster pics that are framed throughout my house

I really should stop spending so much money, I need to be saving for my Hot rod that I want to restore...I am just horrid with money.....
  • jabcrosshook
    Options
    I find myself slowly getting addicted to Groupon. Been buying way more deals from it than I originally intended. Also, music from my cell phone's Google Play Store and e-books from Amazon's Kindle Store. It's waaay too easy to buy stuff with just a click of a mouse button these days!
  • neverstray
    Options
    Guitars
    Fancy dinners
    Sunnies
    Clothes
    Watches

What kind of watches? we may be friends haha

I just bought a digital atomic sports watch. Nothing specific, I just love watches.

I also forgot that I spend a ridiculous amount of money on tattoos.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't use the word waste because anything I enjoy is not a waste...

-Paintball
    -Personal trainer
    -Travel
    -Concerts
    -Mountain bike stuff
    -Kayaking
  • skinyZ
    skinyZ Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hookers && Blow...

i dont see this as a waste of money :laugh: :wink:
  • MrEmoticon
    Options
    ah. I have a few digital watches, most of my watch money is spent on "high quality" watches. people talk trash cause of how expensive they can be, but hey I like em. So I buy em.

and yes. tattoos. I forgot to mention that. Getting a new one here in a few weeks I hope.
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Motorcycles and beer (not at they same time, they don't mix!)
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Dresses!!!!
  • neverstray
    Options
    Oh yeah, and concert tickets. Since when did rock musicians start charging $100 per ticket. I used to see my favorite bands play for $30 in the 80's. Now, i just bought tickets for Jack white, almost $100. He is not really wroth that to see live, IMO. Total waste of $$$$. Brain Setzer was close to $100. And Iron Mainden $125.
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    skinny cappuccino - i love them so.
  • neverstray
    Options
    ah. I have a few digital watches, most of my watch money is spent on "high quality" watches. people talk trash cause of how expensive they can be, but hey I like em. So I buy em.

and yes. tattoos. I forgot to mention that. Getting a new one here in a few weeks I hope.

I have one Rolex. That's it for nice watches. The rest are all sub-$100.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Books! I read about 100pgs an hour so the books I buy, I usually read and finish the same day I get. I feel guilty when I buy a new book and still have one at home that I haven't read yet. I have always re-read books because I read so fast but for some reason that really bothers my husband so every time we're at the store, he makes me buy a book...which is no hardship for me, but I still feel guilty.

I spent the last 8 years barely having anything left after my bills were paid and now that I'm in a better job and have $$ left over after bills, I still can't quite shake the guilty feeling when I buy stuff I don't need whether it's books or or clothes.
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I'm typically a fairly frugal person.

But sometimes I say screw it, and go spend money on some pretty neat (if useless) things. Recently I bought an expensive pair of sunglasses and some watches. In the past it's been things like one of those ecospheres. Right now, I'm totally thinking of buying this : http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/e7f1/?icpg=Banner_MeltingClock_20120617

So, what's your guilty pleasure for just throwing away your money?
    That's neat, a Dali clock! I would get that... love Dali! :))))