Summer Challenge

Options

Replies

• chichi128
    chichi128 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Good weigh-in day!
    How was last week for everyone? I had a horrible food week. I need to get back on it.

For this next week I challenge you to:
    - Eat in 6 out of the 7 days this week. Try to avoid EATING OUT!
    - Add some WEIGHT TRAINING to your workout routine if you don't already!
    - Pick one day and PAMPER yourself.

amazing challenge!! especially the pampering part lol
  • chichi128
    chichi128 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    had a tough week with motivation..didnt manage to work out at all. Going to try my hardest to get back to the gym this week!!

SW 214
    6/5 208
    6/12 207.9

6/19 206.8

Happy with a pound since i didnt do anything to deserve the loss! better luck with this weeks challenges!

HAPPY TUESDAY EVERYONE!
  • bobby172
    bobby172 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    cw 167.8
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    CW: 205lbs

Goals for June:
    - Lose 6 lbs (199 lbs and under 200!!! )
    - Work out at least 4x a week
    - Drink 10 glasses of water a day
    - Eat every 3hrs
    - Eat all calories and maybe some exercise cals (dont want to go into starvation mode)

-I was able to drink 8 glasses of water most days and 10 glasses two of the days.
    -I did Dance central instead of my normal BBL Cardio Axe. And that was a nice break/change in my routine.
    -I was also able to stay under my calories the whole week. Yaay!!!

Goal for Summer is 16lbs down which should put me at 189lbs and out of the 200s!!!!

June:
    SW: 205 6/1/12
    CW: 205 6/6/12 0lbs down :-(
    204lbs (-1b) 6/12/12
    GW: 199

6/19/2012 203.5 (-1.5lbs)
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Don't forget your challenges!

CHALLENGES:
    - Increase your FRUIT/VEGETABLE intake this week
    - Get 30 minutes of CARDIO at least 4 days this week
    - Share a RECIPE with the group

The spreadsheet is up! You can see it here: https://docs.google.com/a/u.pacific.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au1jrXpKSwMddFU3SVFjYm5RLTN4NGxkbERydXRFcFE#gid=0
    It will be updated every week and I will repost the link every week.

Congratulations to the biggest losers this week!

1. cateyes0831 - 7.4
    2. livextoxrun - 6
    3. chichi128 & jenniferv1986 - 5
    4. abby1176 - 4.2

Did anyone else lose the link to the spreadsheet??? Lol. Well, there it is above.
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Here are your next challenges:
    - Pick one thing you should cut out of your diet and CUT IT OUT for the week
    - Add FIFTEEN MINUTES of exercise to your normal routine
    - Share your STORY with the group - why are you here and what motivated you to lose weight?

6/4/2012----SW
    6/5/2012----CW
    6/12/2012---CW

GW
    187 by the End of August.

One thing I will cut out this week is BREAD. :sad: I love it.
    I WILL add the fifteen minutes. Probably on my stationary bike.
    The reason I am on MFP is I had decided to start counting calories. When I went to the internet to look for the calories for the foods I was eating for breakfast, I came across this sight. After checking it out I decided that MFP would be the way to go. I needed to track calories as I am Hypothyroid and the weight had been just TOO DARN HIGH. Plus being unhealthy. I'm so glad I found this sight. Everyone on here is so encouraging.

I didn't post a recipe as I couldn't find one that I felt was nice enough to share. Especially as I really don't like to cook anymore. (Kids gone husband fussy.) There you have it. Oh I did increase my water and will keep that up.

Cut out Bread and will keep that up. Feel much better without it. Is difficult for me as I love bread.
    I didn;t add the minutes as I am fighting fatigue right now. Will try to go for it this week.
    Posted reason why I'm on here. (See above)

6/4/2012----SW
    6/5/2012----CW
    6/12/2012---CW
    6/19/2012---CW
    200 Yay didn't think I lost any but for me 1 pound is good.

GW
    187 by the End of August.

THIS WEEKS CHALLENGE by Inskydiamonds

Eating out: No problem
    Weight Training: Will start anew. and add the 15 minutes from last challenge.
    Pamper myself: Will love it.
  • garbor16
    garbor16 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Looks like it's been a great week for most, including myself. I was really worried the scale wasn't going to budge but it did.

SW: 136
    W1: 133
    W2: 135
    CW: 132.4

I'm already using weights, which I love. We're taking a co-worker out to lunch this week, so I'll have to chalk up one day to eating out. I'll pamper myself with a home pedicure.

Good luck to all!:flowerforyou:
  • cherriewilliams
    cherriewilliams Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    SW 220.8
    W1 219
    W2 218.8
    W3 221
    GW 205

Alot of swelling this week ( had knee surgery in November ). Not freaking out because I know I didn't gain 2 lbs in fat this week. I worked out for over an hour five days this week and never went over on calories so i know it's from swelling and water.
  • lucysarah93
    Options
    SW: 170
    Wk1: 168 lbs
    Wk2: 167.8lbs
    Wk3: 166.8lbs

So happy I lost this week! Didn't track on Sunday (was fathers day, food wasn't made by me, still only ate till I was full, tried to fill up on lean protein and veg etc) so was a little skeptical as to whether the scale would budge but the extra exercise obviously made up for it. Started 30 Day Shred last Monday, so have exercised for at least 27 minutes 6 out of 7 days, so I guess you could say I managed the extra 15 mins challenge from last week.

My personal challenge for this week is to get back to the gym! I've been slacking as of late, and really need to start strength training again as that's when I see bigger losses.
  • bunjijk
    bunjijk Posts: 44
    Options
    Wed 05/30/12 10:47 AM

My start weight was 217.2 early Tuesday morning.

Not sure why my start weight is different on the spreadsheet. After searching the old thread, I found my original entry above.

SW: 217.2
    W1: 214.8
    W2: 214.8
    CW: 214.6
    GW: 199.0

Challenges met: Increase fruits and veggies - I tried several different melons I have never had before. One tasted more like a cucumber. Not sure if it just wasn't ripe enough yet. Love my asparagus - great excuse to eat more of that!!!
    Add 15 minutes extra of exercise - went to the amusement park 2x with the kids this week - enough said! :happy: I am still trying to add the extra water from a few weeks ago as an ongoing challenge for myself - very difficult.
  • magtize
    magtize Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Gave up peanut butter
    added 15 min cardio 3 days
    no story
    SW 169.4
    W1 166.6
    W2 164.8
    W3 165
    GW 155
  • ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    189.2 current weight
    down 1.1 this week
  • bunjijk
    bunjijk Posts: 44
    Options
    I forgot to add what I gave up for the week: My week of misery was giving up peanut butter. Phew, won't do that again - worse than PMS attitude!!!
  • Collidoscopekid
    Collidoscopekid Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Weighing in at 185....again. I'm really disappointed. I worked out so hard and didn't go over my calories even one day. I am really hoping I am just retaining water because yesterday I weighed 182.8.

Hoping for a better next week!
  • kbresso
    kbresso Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Checking in.

SW: 146
    wk 1: 145
    wk 2: 147.8
    CW:145
    GW: 130
  • Mbodied
    Mbodied Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I know I'm a little late to the game, but hope it's alright if I join this challenge with you now. I really want to refocus on my health and recommit to making good decisions for my body. When I get tired or stressed or bored, my eating habits go all over the place and I stop working out. I'll do my first weigh in tomorrow morning. I'm a little nervous because I've been making poor choices for myself recently, but I want to see what the scale says because it is an easy way for me to keep myself accountable and track progress, even if it isn't a perfect measure of fat lost. My goal in general is to be more toned all over. I think there's no reason not to be in my best shape and I want to commit to getting there. I'll add weight goals tomorrow, after my weigh in.
    Goals for this week:
    go to at least 3 barre classes
    cardio at least 5 days
    not eat late at night

Hope everybody's feeling energized and optimistic,
    Em
  • meeaham
    meeaham Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope everyone is having a great week so far! Here are my results:

SW: 120 (5/29/12)
    GW: 110 (8/28/12)

Weigh ins:

6/5/12: 118.5 lbs
    6/12/12: 118.5 lbs
    6/19/12: 117.5 lbs

I lost 1 lb!!! I'm so excited right now! I have lost a total of 2.5 lbs!!! =)

THIS WEEKS CHALLENGE

- I'm off to a great start! Didn't go out to eat today!
    - I've been wanting to do some weight training too! Gonna squeeze in some time this week to do it!
    - Most likely will paper myself sometime this weekend. =)
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    updated to this point :)
  • JenniferEM2012
    JenniferEM2012 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    SW: 200
    WK 1: 195
    WK 2: 195
    WK 3: 193.4

I lost 1.6 LB this week.

This last week was really hard for me. I was not really able to work out because of the smoke from our wild fire. I had to really focus on my calorie goal.

This week challenges will be easy for me.
    1) I do not eat out so I will not have to worry about that one.
    2) I already do 2 days of strength training so that works for me.
    3) A co worker and I have already made an appointment to get our nails done.
  • LadySuze
    LadySuze Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    SW:176.4
    W1:172.6
    W2:172.6
    W3:170.9
    GW:154

I lost 1.7 pounds this week :happy: I'm back on track ;)

The challenges:

eating out: that will be a problem, I've already planned 2 dinners this week... :ohwell: (but it's the first time in 6 weeks, so that's okay :tongue: )
    Weight training: I'll try to add some :wink:
    Pampering: I will pamper myself saturday! I'm loving this challenge!

Keep up the good work everyone :flowerforyou: