What do you waste your money on?

Options

Replies

• MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm overly generous and try to be good to my friends. But, when they take advantage of my money and my kindness I feel that is a total waste. I'm out "X" anmount of dollars and they haven't spent a dime.

I gotta fix that.

Yes, this. When I go out I end up wanting to pay, because I know I make more than the people I generally go out with. When they start expecting it, it gets frustrating though.

You hit the nail on the head...they start expecting it. Especially when they cry poverty but act the total opposite! That's when I get pissed. Especially when I see them buying themselves manicures, sushi, new clothes, paying for their own drinks when they are out with other people even...but when I'm around I'm expected to do, pay, be everything and if not there's hell to pay. Such a waste of not only my money but my time and good nature!

exactly! I have a friends who appreciate it, and try to stop me from paying, and try to take the ticket from me, or pay for me other times to make up for it. Them, I don't mind doing it for.

It's the ones who when we're at a table, and the waitress asks "separate or together?" and they say together without a second thought. Then hand me the ticket when it comes. Annoying.

AMEN! You and I are on the same page with this one! This was a perfect topic for me today, thanks! I got a lot of pent up frustration out.

haha let it out!

like a few months back. i have a friend who's like me, but he doens't make much. he's just a nice guy. well, he got drunk and he was going to cover everyone's tab. totalling out to about 600 or so dollars. I told him no, everyone else stopped me, said "If he wants to, let him." I tried explaining he was wasted, had no idea what he was doing, and that's at least a quarter of his monthly income. that's bs.

so I ended up paying most of it, let him pay some cause he wouldn't let me pay it all, and then left. pissed.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Home projects - mostly redecorating/refurnishing - not fixing broken stuff because nothing's broken. Not really a waste to me, but my husband would disagree. LOL He lets me anyway.
  • cutierozie
    cutierozie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    High heels!
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Thrift shop clothes and (RiteAid) beauty products.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I love shoes,
    Gambling!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Toys.
    4 wheelers
    bikes
    pool toys
    umm other 'toys' lol
    camping 'stuff'
    boating 'stuff'
    On the plus side, I do get more exercise because of all of the above. :)
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Dating :flowerforyou:

Awwwww....

Just haven't found "her" yet.

Correction - Maybe I have, she's just not available at the moment :ohwell:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Like sharleengc, I read really fast, so I spend money on books and my kobo.

I also like to purchase shoes, purses, high end make up, and recently due to my weight loss, cute shirts, skirts and jeans.

It's a wonder really that I can save at all....or that my pension is as well funded as it is.

Oh and travel.....Cancun in October, Cabo next february, Vegas at Christmas....

ugh...seeing it all typed out adds up!

My daughter is just like her mother...she currently spends her money on shoes, nail polish and purses.

I don't really feel that its a waste though...we use everything we buy, appreciate everything we buy. I'm still working purses and shoes I purchased 15 years ago into my daily rotation of wear.

Lauren
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    as long as you use it it's not a waste.

i mean, i have a watch that i paid a lot for. i wear it maybe once a month. but i try to justify it as since I do wear it sometiems, it was a good buy lol
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    camera lenses and xbox games.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Beer...Jager....Tequila...movies.
  • 1968LisaG
    1968LisaG Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's food that I normally wouldn't eat. I sample it and buy it. Then at home, I ask myself why I bought it. It's usually organic junk food.
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    HCG....love me some lady pee!!
  • kariebo
    kariebo Posts: 101
    Options
    clothes, shoes, toys for my kids, starbucks, pampered chef items....
  • kristinacottle
    Options
    Alcohol
    Books
    Coffee!!!! 2.50 for an iced coffee at Dunkin with 3 cream and 4 Equal. :(
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Oh, and stupid *kitten* @ yard sales. I cannot pass a yeard sale. I have to stop, adn I almost always buy something.

My last buy though was a kick@$$ coffee maker for $7, it's a Cuisenart (sp?). Replaced my stupid @$$ Keriug (SP?) that I hate.

Why do coffee machines have difficult words to spell? Hmmmm.

Anyways, a good yard sale is awesomeness. Half the stuff in my house is from yard sales. LOL. I can't help it.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Food, wine.women and sports!! What do you expect from a King!!! LOL!!!
  • Kelogik
    Kelogik Posts: 58
    Options
    Eating out, buying stuff to support my cross stitch addiction, and video games. Although the last two I wouldn't consider a "waste" since I do get my money's worth out of them... just depends on when since I work and go to school full time, lol.

Belinda
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Make up, expensive organic make up and bath/body products. Although I'm a toxin-phob so to me they are a necessity.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    - Anything at Best Buy. (Platinum Silver RewardZone member - it's an elite group.)

Best Buy = Heaven :love: