ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL

Options

Replies

• Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    College Football is all but dead for now unless they have a Playoff. I hate seeing small schools get screwed over and over.

NFL, I'm a Jets fan. I'll watch the games and read the news every now and then.
    I believe jet fans are RULING this thread :laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :heart: :heart:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    College Football is all but dead for now unless they have a Playoff. I hate seeing small schools get screwed over and over.

I don't think this is true. While i certainly believe the desire for a playoff is high - i don't think people are willing to turn away from the sport if the bowl system remains. They are moving towards a playoff, so that's good.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options

I believe jet fans are RULING this thread :laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :heart: :heart:

That's fine. You guys can rule the threads, the back pages, whatever, but my G-Men rule the only place it matters, the field! We run this city!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I love Football! Huge Colts fan here, though I'll have to watch Redskins and Broncos games for Manning and Garcon this year too. Plus Wisconsin Football! My problem isn't so much the food, though.....it is the 2 days of sitting around and watching games all day. I might have to come up with my own football workout routine...like 10 jumping jacks for a first down, 20 for a touchdown/field goal and a 15 minute run during halftime.

That's a really good idea.....

A lot of mascots do pushups for every point scored - you could incorporate that too.
  • Babygirl928
    Options

That's fine. You guys can rule the threads, the back pages, whatever, but my G-Men rule the only place it matters, the field! We run this city!
    I won't go against this....as long as they aren't playing eachother...I root for both...being a born native NYer :drinker:
  • Babygirl928
    Options
    I love Football! Huge Colts fan here, though I'll have to watch Redskins and Broncos games for Manning and Garcon this year too. Plus Wisconsin Football! My problem isn't so much the food, though.....it is the 2 days of sitting around and watching games all day. I might have to come up with my own football workout routine...like 10 jumping jacks for a first down, 20 for a touchdown/field goal and a 15 minute run during halftime.

A lot of mascots do pushups for every point scored - you could incorporate that too.
    Oh my ...this is getting awesome...what a GREAT idea!!!
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

I think they are moving in the direction of a playoff system.. from what I've read.. however, I don't think it would ever be "dead" .. I'm from the south and while most around here don't care much about the NFL, there are tons of rabid college football fans.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

I don't think this is true. While i certainly believe the desire for a playoff is high - i don't think people are willing to turn away from the sport if the bowl system remains. They are moving towards a playoff, so that's good.

If I had read this before I replied, I wouldn't have repeated you! I would have just said.. agreed!
  • christyd4
    christyd4 Posts: 191
    Options
    Heck yeah! Glad to see there are other women as passionate about football as I am!!
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I can't wait although as a NFL fan in Scotland the time change can be a bit of a nightmare. I have in the past gone to bed with my alarm set for 2am to get up and watch late games. :)

Packers fan!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I LOVE football season. It's hard to watch football without snacks and beer, though. I love high school, college and professional football. I'm in Houston, so gotta support my Texans! I also have a son playing college ball this year at a small D2 school, so that will add to the excitement!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Yessssssssssssss!!! I've been ready since it ended!! GO PACK GO!!

There are quite a few ways to lighten up munchy foods. Im usually up screaming at the tv and forget to eat them. Lol
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    <--- Charger fan!
    I root for whoever is on my fantasy team. Get's tough when you have three of four teams :laugh:
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

There are quite a few ways to lighten up munchy foods. Im usually up screaming at the tv and forget to eat them. Lol

I'm an hour north of GB and cheer for the Pack if they aren't playing my Colts, but my gramma made me hate them as a child. I just really enjoy watching them!
  • Babygirl928
    Options

LOL me too but I stand there and when it gets intense I shove food in my mouth LMAO!! Will be doing as someone on here suggested and leaving food in the kitchen for less immediate access and temptation. I have also been known to throw stuff lol. My kids are always like mom really??? Its just a game....just a game??? Who are these kids and why are they calling me mom lol
  • osusars
    osusars Posts: 21
    Options

LOL me too but I stand there and when it gets intense I shove food in my mouth LMAO!! Will be doing as someone on here suggested and leaving food in the kitchen for less immediate access and temptation. I have also been known to throw stuff lol. My kids are always like mom really??? Its just a game....just a game??? Who are these kids and why are they calling me mom lol

That's okay, I throw things too! My 6 year old little sister requests before every game that I not yell so loudly and will usually leave the room for the duration of the football games. Granted, now I will be AT the games since I'm a student again. So I can yell as loud as I want, I just can't throw things! I am loving this thread. Glad to see other women football fanatics.
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Alabama_Crimson_Tide.jpg
  • Babygirl928
    Options
    Alabama_Crimson_Tide.jpg
    you and my hubby....HURRICANES BABY!!!! :)
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

So, you're going to do what, 20-50 pushups once a week? That's not going to reduce all the calories you're consuming. most people will give up and not do them either.
  • Babygirl928
    Options

So, you're going to do what, 20-50 pushups once a week? That's not going to reduce all the calories you're consuming. most people will give up and not do them either.
    No there were other suggestions for healthier snacks, meals, etc. Excersize is not only once a week smh it was more a fun thread for FUN ideas and lo cal snacks. No reason to be a negative nelly.. Have a great one :)