What do you waste your money on?

Options

Replies

• Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Nothng. If I spend money on myself for something I don't need, I have a guilty mind for weeks.

I had started to put money on a gift card to save up for an iPod, but talked myself out of it and used the card to pay 2 months worth of my phone bill.
  • thefreebiemom
    thefreebiemom Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Books! I read about 100pgs an hour so the books I buy, I usually read and finish the same day I get. I feel guilty when I buy a new book and still have one at home that I haven't read yet. I have always re-read books because I read so fast but for some reason that really bothers my husband so every time we're at the store, he makes me buy a book...which is no hardship for me, but I still feel guilty.

I spent the last 8 years barely having anything left after my bills were paid and now that I'm in a better job and have $$ left over after bills, I still can't quite shake the guilty feeling when I buy stuff I don't need whether it's books or or clothes.

I read like a crazy person too. Hubby gets so annoyed that I can read a whole book in a day or 2 and not short ones either. My mom talked me into reading Twilight because I always gave her a hard time for liking the movies. I read the 3rd book in 1 day. For Breaking Dawn it took me 4 days but only because I specifically put pieces of paper blocking the next chapter at certain parts of the book so I would have to stop to appease my hubby.

Sorry, got off on a tangent there the reason I responded to you was to tell you if you didn't want to buy books you can get them from the library. Our library even lets us check out e-books for free.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Clothes...I love clothes!!!! Gadgets too!
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    1) Laptop I don't really need: yeah I got more than 50% off, but really I can't "afford" it
    2) bike stuff. I just bought new wheels (luckily. . or not. . I ended up needing them because both my primary and backup set bit the dust), new stem, new seatpost,, rim tape. . . looking to swap out the old threaded fork/hs for threadless carbon deal. . but that's around $200 or so. I also one more set of pedals.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Starbucks.
  • photokenzie
    photokenzie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Target. I feel like every time I go in that d*** store I spend $100!! I am aware of this fact.....yet I keep going back. hahaha ;-D ...and definitely shoes...the less practical they are, the more I seem to want them.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    My car. I never drive the stupid thing since i live within bicycling distance of everything i need.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Movies at the theatre OR entertainment in general (restaurants, movies, books etc)
    Hair/skin care products, I like the expensive stuff unfortunately.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Lingerie.
    And fruit.
    And clothes.
  • Octopies
    Octopies Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Nailpolish and videogames, mainly.

And books. I have such a backlog of books but I just keep buying them!
  • nomadicthumbs
    Options
    - Cheese, wine, liquor, mochas
    - Bags (handbags, backpacks, tote bags ... basically if its a bag I'll consider it but I'm getting much better)
    - Backpacking equipment
    - Groupons
    - Cosmetics and related services
    - Kombucha
    - Dog Toys
  • gwengogreen1
    gwengogreen1 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Clothes and shoes and designer purses... Chocolate ( my family goes through a whole bag of chocolate chips a day)
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    coffee & booze
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options

This ^^ ( Do you have any idea how much it costs to fly a midget hooker to Nebraska? )

Is that why Wee-Man is here? I thought it was for the CWS!

^^^ You UPS Ground 'em to Omaha, silly.
  • I waste my money on things like the Galaxy Note...wait, it wasn't a waste of money. ANDROID FOREVER
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Alcohol (I love Absinthe and that stuff ain't cheap) :drinker:
    Energy Drinks
    Rock Concerts
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options

I really should stop spending so much money, I need to be saving for my Hot rod that I want to restore...I am just horrid with money.....

Another hot rod chick!!! What kind of car are you planning to get?
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I waste my money on things like the Galaxy Note...wait, it wasn't a waste of money. ANDROID FOREVER

I'm the same way; I've hacked/modded my phone to hell and back. Android FTW!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Thrifty items at the Thrift store..if its cheap I just grab it....and forget about most times... UGH
    Single Bottle water when I can grab a pack from Walmart or somewhere
    Sweet teas on a regular...I need to cut back
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    silly socks and Chucks