Quinoa? What is your favorite recipe

Options

Replies

• ksunshine91
    ksunshine91 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have made this recipe with the egg to have as a whole meal or without it so the quinoa/mushrooms is a side dish. It's so good!
    http://shopcookmake.blogspot.com/2012/02/mushroom-quinoa-and-fried-egg-for-lunch.html
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    This one, cod with broccoli and raisin quinoa from real simple.com:

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/spiced-cod-with-broccoli-quinoa-pilaf-00000000049718/index.html

i use whatever fish is fresh at the grocery. My husband even loves it.
  • versuga
    versuga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Saving for later!
  • stacnm
    stacnm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    save :-)
  • livestar
    livestar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nikkicormier82
    nikkicormier82 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Fresh Farmer’s Market Quinoa Bake
    Serves 2
    ¼ cup dry quinoa
    4 stalks asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
    ½ cup chopped cremini mushrooms (any variety will do)
    ½ cup leek, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced (or chopped onion)
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    2 large eggs
    ¾ cup any milk of your choosing
    Salt & pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease two small tart pans or ramekins (i have also used an 8x8 square pan). Prepare your quinoa by combining ½ cup water and quinoa in a small pot. Bring to a boil, cover and turn down to simmer for 8-10 minutes. (or use your rice cooker!) Once the water has been absorbed, remove the quinoa from the heat, keep covered and let sit for 5 minutes. While the quinoa is cooking, prepare your eggs and veggies. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Set aside. Heat the oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic, mushrooms and asparagus, sauteeing until slightly softened. Add the leeks and continue to saute until all the veggies are tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and remove from the heat. Line the bottom of each tart pan with quinoa. (i have also just stirred it all together and that works fine too). Add the sauteed veggies. Pour the egg mixture into each pan, and place both pans on a baking sheet. Bake in the center of a warm oven for 45 – 50 minutes, until the eggs are set and do not giggle. Serve warm with a touch more salt and pepper to taste.
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    This recipe is so easy and so yummy . . . Hubby and 1 and 4 year old love it too!!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/quinoa-and-black-beans/detail.aspx

I eat it hot or cold, and it tastes great in wraps with cottage cheese, shredded romaine and salsa.
  • jenbridges
    Options
    Gluten Free Garlic Quinoa Sweet Potato Patties Recipe

1 cup cooked quinoa
    1 large sweet potato cooked, peeled & mashed
    1 egg
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1 cup gluten free bread crumbs (1/2 for mixture ½ for breading)
    1 medium red onion, finely chopped
    3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
    2 teaspoons Cajun spice
    1 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
    1 teaspoon paprika
    Salt and pepper to taste
    olive oil to pan fry

Mix all ingredients (leave ½ cup breadcrumbs for breading) Form a patty from mixture and coat in remaining breadcrumbs, as thick as you can get it. Then drop the patty in a heated pan with olive oil. Cook until browned on both sides. You could also bake. If baking, use less breadcrumbs. Transfer cooked patties to paper towel. Cool for a few minutes.

I usually leave off the breadcrumbs for breading and they are still awesome!
  • jenbridges
    Options
    Chipotle's "Skinny" Cilantro Lime Rice
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 4 • Size: 3/4 cup • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 201.0 • Fat: 3.4 • Carbs: 37.4 • Fiber: 0 • Protein: 4.0 g

1 cup extra long grain rice or basmati rice (i like it with quinoa)
    2 cups water
    1 tsp salt
    3 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
    3 tsp vegetable oil
    juice of 1/2 lime, about 2 Tbsp

In a small heavy pot, add rice, water, 1 tsp oil and salt. Boil on high until most of the water evaporates. When the water just skims the top of the rice, reduce to low and cover about 15 minutes. Shut off flame and keep covered an additional 5 minute. (or cook quinoa to package directions. i like to use my rice cooker).

In a medium bowl, combine chopped cilantro, lime juice, rice and remaining oil and toss until completely mixed.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    For breakfast:
    1 cup quinoa
    2 cups of vanilla unsweetened almond milk (or you could use skim, soy)
    Bring to boil. Reduce heat, put lid on pan and cook 15 minutes until almost all liquid absorbed.
    I then stir in 1/2 can of pumpkin, about 3 TBS brown sugar and cinnamon
    Your add on's are endless from here. I have done cranberries. Another time I added blueberries and strawberries. I am going to try apple next
  • Astephens1984
    Astephens1984 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    This is gonna probably sound stupid, i have seen this alot on here, i dont know how to even say Quinoa and dont know what it is?
  • jenbridges
    Options
    quinoa, pronounced keen-wa, is the only complete protein grain! it is small, and round. kind of resembles couscous. it is a good replacement for rice and it is gluten free.
  • svetz
    svetz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kmg3475
    kmg3475 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just had quinoa bites and they were delicious! It seems like the same recipe as posted.
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    bump for reading later!
  • malins2
    malins2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later! I have a box in my cabinet - just sitting there - staring at me....