One Year, 120 Pounds Lost (with pics)

Options

Replies

• throop66
    throop66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story, Just started MFP ....2 days in.....your story is pure inspiration. Thanks so much.
  • Erin70CA
    Erin70CA Posts: 85
    Options
    Very inspiring: congrats!
  • KayVee
    KayVee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So amazing! Congratulations :) What an inspiration!
  • Cindio
    Cindio Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!
  • lilah808
    lilah808 Posts: 60
    Options
    :smile: Thank you!
  • Csitri
    Csitri Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing. I am also losing slowly in my first month. I know I can do it and hearing stories like yours keeps me going. Thank you.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!
  • c0untingsheep
    c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Looking good!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Love your attitude!!! You look happy in all your pics, but you look AWESOMER in the skinny ones! Congrats on your progress and thanks for the inspiring message!

All the best to you on your continued journey!
    Jen
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    A great blog and great success!!!!! You did it right. May you live happy and healthy for a long, long time!
  • dirtlover1
    Options
    wow you are amazing..It is great to see that being determined will work!
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love your story! I love your sense of humor (my husband has never heard of macaroni and cheese covered hot dogs, but I'll bet he tries them now! haha). Your story means a lot to me, because I have 125.5 lbs to go. I walk now, but not far. I do my strength training, but the weights are kind of pitiful. Sometimes it feels like I'm just a big joke at the gym (though no one at the Y would ever say that to me). I can't wait to wear a storyteller shirt! Hell, I can't wait until I can buy ANY shirt that is a L or smaller!

You are, most definitely, full of awesome!!!
  • katjo10
    katjo10 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your look Fabulous! Thank you for your story. You are most definately an inspiration! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • flutternfly
    flutternfly Posts: 123
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fabulous. Your story is so motivating.
  • katelouiseoz
    Options
    A true inspiration. You look great :)
  • fireflyw
    fireflyw Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How Awesome is this?
    What a motivating success story! Congratulations!
  • ekloretto
    ekloretto Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!! So incredibly inspiring! Thank you for sharing.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results... You should be so very proud of yourself.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I love your story! I love your sense of humor (my husband has never heard of macaroni and cheese covered hot dogs, but I'll bet he tries them now! haha). Your story means a lot to me, because I have 125.5 lbs to go. I walk now, but not far. I do my strength training, but the weights are kind of pitiful. Sometimes it feels like I'm just a big joke at the gym (though no one at the Y would ever say that to me). I can't wait to wear a storyteller shirt! Hell, I can't wait until I can buy ANY shirt that is a L or smaller!

1) I ate that mac and cheese topped hot dog at Ditch Plains in NY, but they were just what you think: hot dog, in bun, topped with mac and cheese ;) Oooh so good.

2) Pitiful weights are how we all start. You don't walk into the weight room, load a bar, put it on your back, and squat. You start off with wall sits. Then wall sits with weights in your hands. Then squats on the wall with a swiss ball behind your back. Then body weight squats. Then squats with hand weights. It's all a progression! When I look back at what I started out lifting I giggle. You'll do the same. It's all about progressive overload, my friend.

3) You are NOT a joke at the gym. First, no one is really paying attention to you. They are in their own little self-centered world. Second, if they are paying attention to you, they're not laughing at you. They're cheering you on in their head. They're thinking, "if she can do this, I can too." They're thinking, "that used to be me."

You know, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they do see you more than you think. I go to my gym at pretty much the same time every day and often it's the same people. A lot of people over the last year have talked to me, told me I'm looking great, congratulated me, cheered me on.

So I guess what I'm saying is: you're not a joke. You're an inspiration to them and someday they're going to let you know that.

When I started at the gym, I made a choice to that gym-time is honeybadger time. I refused to give a *kitten* what people thought of me. honeybadger don't care ;) (google for the honeybadger video on youtube if you don't get the reference).

Anyway, sorry for the ramble, I just want you to know that you can do it. Seriously. Just don't give up. You will see the results.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look fantastic and so healthy and fit! What a great accomplishment! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!