Grammar Is Dead, Long Live Grammar Nerds

Options

Replies

• zophiel67
    zophiel67 Posts: 181
    Options
    Grammer and spelling, for all intensive purposes, are important life skills with no acceptions to the rule, even though we are here to loose alot of weight we should still take it into consternation.

Bahaha!!! Misspellings and misused grammar and malapropisms, oh my! :laugh:
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    i no can haz grammah AND cheezburger?

Bahahahaaa!! :laugh:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! I'm a total grammar nerd (but also a huge victim of my not-so smartphone's annoying auto-correct efforts).
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Did not know #4! :embarassed: :laugh:
    I am as shocked as you!
  • Deka61
    Deka61 Posts: 74
    Options
    Grammar and spelling are essential to communicate what you really mean. For example, take this sentence.

Today I helped my uncle Jack off his horse.

A comma placed either before Jack or after, changes the meaning entirely.
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    YES.
  • shellisugar
    shellisugar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Admittedly, when I am on my phone, I am not as stringent in my proofreading. I tend to skip words and fail to double check what my phone has automatically inserted.
    But in a business setting, my grammar will be impeccable.

WORD.
  • simpson1028
    simpson1028 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Love it! And I understand the shortcuts in texting, but I always try to use full spelling and grammar in texts as well. Otherwise, how are you going to teach other people? : )
  • simpson1028
    simpson1028 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Problem is, the person you're texting doesn't know if you are smart or the phone is dumb : ) Or vice-versa.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Excellent. :flowerforyou:
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Policeman: Is your mummy home?
    Boy: No she ain't.
    Policeman: Is your daddy home?
    Boy: No he ain't.
    Policemen: Your mummy ISN'T home, your daddy, ISN'T home. Where's your grammar?
    Boy: She's watching TV but she's deaf.

:laugh: :laugh:
    I am from the south and I can tell you that we will never get rid of "ain't" no matter how hard people make us try.:laugh:
    Other than that, I :heart: correct grammar.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I fully admit to my grammar nazi tendencies. I can understand all the abbreviation usage typing a text. In business, email or posts they become incredibly annoying. If I need a decoder to figure out what someone is trying to say, I am no longer interested. Typos <or typographical errors> don't make me crazy. Poorly constructed sentences, lack of punctuation and constant misuse of words just feel like a sharp stick in my brain.

My name is Alicia and I'm a judgmental grammar nerd :blushing:
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Grammer and spelling, for all intensive purposes, are important life skills with no acceptions to the rule, even though we are here to loose alot of weight we should still take it into consternation.

Funny! "For all intensive purposes" is one of my pet peeves, along with "should of"/"could of." What do those even mean?
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

Funny! "For all intensive purposes" is one of my pet peeves, along with "should of"/"could of." What do those even mean?
    :laugh: Intents and Purposes

Personally, one of my biggest pet peeves is "irregardless" It makes my eye twitch!
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Grammar Nerds R Us!

I am a loud, proud, flamboyant grammar nerd, and my parents have always been very supportive. However, I realize that I'm lucky. Not all grammar nerds received such acceptance from their parents.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I'm not the sharpest pencil on the desk.
    I appreciate being corrected...just be nice about it.
    I'm sensitive and hungry!!!
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options

^ Awesome. However, it's sad that there are people (and you know they are out there) that think there is nothing wrong with that post.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. your so write. i can't stand when people don't no how to properly apply the words and the tense that should be used.

ONLY KIDDING. I COULDN'T RESIST. My biggest pet peeve is your and you're...... To and too and there and their...