Ladies, would you date someone shorter than you?

Options
YaBoiMUGS
YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
Ok, so my height has worked against me on several occasions. I never pursue a woman taller than 5'6" because of my height. I assume shorter guys are not on their radar, plus short girls make me feel taller.

So i ask, am I wrong to assume that, would you date someone shorter than you?

Replies

• HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Are you attracted to women taller than you?

ETA: And no, I don't typically go for shorter guys, but I wouldn't rule it out completely.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    Are you attracted to women taller than you?

ETA: And no, I don't typically go for shorter guys, but I wouldn't rule it out completely.

Oh I have been before, but for reasons already mentioned, I just never acted on it.
  • JenniLisette
    JenniLisette Posts: 132
    Options
    yes...altho i prefer them taller than me, but a sweet and sexy guy at 4'11..i'd giv it a shot.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am barely 5'4" and when I was dating I dated someone who was 5'5" once. His height didn't bother me. The fact that he was kind of crazy did though.

My ex SIL was madly in love with my brother who is only 5'6" and she was 5'9". She thought he was the sexiest man ever.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'6" and was rejected solely on my height before.

seems like an arbitrary thing to judge someone by, and i was certainly angry about it at the time - but i guess people are attracted to what they are attracted to. I dated a woman for a while who was 5'10".

I ended up marrying a woman who is 5'2" -- but her "type" used to be someone taller than me.
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
    Also I think it's about confidence. If a tall woman makes you feel inadequate, says more about you to be honest.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I actually always preferred someone shorter than myself.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I do right now. I'm 5'8, he's 5'4. For me, it's all about personality. He owns who he is and that is SO sexy.
  • hpoowalker
    hpoowalker Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love guys that are shorter than me... I do find that shorter guys are more hesitant to approach me so I have to be more flirtatious with them. I am 5'8" so it does limit who approaches me...
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", my husband is 5'6-1/2" when I have any type of heal on I'm taller then him...doesn't bug me...he has big muscles :bigsmile:
  • stephanne82
    stephanne82 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are the same height...does that count?
  • cjaharmon
    cjaharmon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Been with my man for 8 years and he's only 5'8 I am 5'9. And yes I still wear heals and we enjoy life!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'10". Back in the 70's I briefly dated a gal that was 6'4" . When I say briefly, I mean 1romantic date. Was awkward kissing her good night. Had to stand on the front step of her parents' house.

Didn't work out romantically, but we are still best friends 40 years later.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'-0 and I've always dated guys taller than me. But at my height everyone is taller than me, but I have dated guys around 5'-6". My current boyfriend is 5'-10"
  • Gertie_Brinks
    Options
    My partner is about an inch shorter (maybe a bit more) than I am and I am 5' 4". The funny thing is that I didn't realize he was shorter than I was for quite a long time (we've been together 4 years).

I guess it's because I look up to him in so many more ways than just actual inches.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'0, so if a guy were shorter than me, I probably wouldn't date him. That being said, I don't really care about height if the guy is 5'0 or taller hah :)
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I do right now. I'm 5'8, he's 5'4. For me, it's all about personality. He owns who he is and that is SO sexy.

That really is sexy.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Yes because I don't go by a guys height but rather his personality whether he has a good heart.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my bf of 2 years is about 5'5 or 5'6. I don't really care about height. I've dated shorter, same height, taller...in MY opinion it's pretty shallow to judge someone's date-ability based on their height. There are so many more important things.
  • ChubbyStudent25
    Options
    I won't date anyone shorter than about 5'8". I am 5' tall. I see lots of couples where the girl is taller so everyone is different. If you see someone tall that you like than go for it you never know she might like shorter guys.