Ladies, would you date someone shorter than you?

Options

Replies

• 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Well I would have to answer yes, because I married one LOL
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Not usuallly attracted to shoter men....however, sometimes you can't help who you connect with! :)
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I prefer a tall man (5'10" and up), BUT if my husband is meant to be short then I will have to learn to love his shortness!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty short myself, so it's usually not an issue, but sure. :smile:
  • jazzy43
    jazzy43 Posts: 16
    Options
    I would love to say that I would date men shorter than me but I do prefer men who are at least 5'10". I'm 5'3". Its a preference like some men like blondes or a particular body shape or race. I don't think it is wrong to have a preference. I can also own that I probably would not consider dating a man who is under 5"8". Once again just my preference. A lot women don't care though and being a short man is not a bad thing
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" so I don't give much thought to it...most guys I've met/known are always taller than me!
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    eww hell no!

I'm guessing there are more men who wouldn't date rude women than women who wouldn't date shorter men. There's a way of being honest without being mean. You should add that to your to-do list.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Probably not. I'm only 5'3" though so it isn't too hard to find a taller guy. My husband is 6'2" and that is perfect for me!
  • jenniferlmartinez
    jenniferlmartinez Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    At first it was big NO. I'm 5'8 and I thought no way. I had a few boyfriends that were short and it bothered me a little. Then I married my hubby who is 5'5 and the only thing he ask me not to do is wear heels!! I dont believe height should matter anymore. height doesnt make the person.
  • duplicitous
    duplicitous Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I like men of all heights but often in the past I would worry abotu the "short man" syndrome. It may have been my luck but every short man I dated:

1. had a big truck
    2. had a piss poor attitude

I know no man can be stereotyped but I sure do tip toe into a situation where a man is short or shorter than me.
  • akrnrunner
    akrnrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I married a shorter guy :) I'm 5'8" and he's 5'6" (although claims 5'7"). I don't mind it and he loves it. Loves it more even when I wear high heels :)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    No. I'm 5'7 and I like to wear heels. Plus, a really tall man is extremely attractive to me.
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 7" and am generally attracted to shorter guys. I have my reasons and they have always proved true :bigsmile:
  • Dannib55
    Dannib55 Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm only 5'2", I will no date someone who is shorter than me. Also, I will not date anyone that is taller the 6'.
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    would you date someone shorter than you?

No.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    I admit that I would always LOOK for the tall guys. I would say someone was cute or whatever but, never really acted on it much. MIND YOU, I am 6'2"!! It HS it was difficult ebcause my friends would get mad at me if I didnt date the shorter guys. I think my ex was 5'10" and that was the shortest I was with. All the guys I dated were always taller then that. The only guy I dated that was taller then me was my ex before my husband and he was 6'6". My husband is 6'1" and he LOVES my height! It is a personal preference, just like with anything else so, if you Prefer women shorter then you, then that is what you PREFER! But, I wouldnt let height stop you because of what you think THEY would say. If you like a taller woman, go for it...you have the same shot as you do someone shorter. :)
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    would you date someone shorter than you?

No.

I should expand!! I'm 5 ft 9, my fella is 6 ft. I love to feel "small" in a man's arms, I couldn't get that feminine feeling with a shorter man. Sorry if that offends, but that's my preference.
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My geek-tastic self always thought Seth Green was a little cutie and I know he's not the tallest person in the world. ^_^

Reality though, I'm 5'1" and I've never dated anyone shorter than me... But my personal preference has always been guys 6'+. It's just the type I've been naturally attracted to on a first sight animal basis. :ohwell: I never rule out anyone, if after I get to know and spend more time with them, I do develop a genuine attraction though.

(Happy me, my current guy happens to be exactly 6'.)
  • reactor25
    reactor25 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    as long as he's jacked.

This ^
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    If the short guy is packing a Monty Python...all the girls would date him ;)