Ladies, would you date someone shorter than you?

Replies

• DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    If I was dating (happily married), I would. IF the guy was secure with it. If it made him uncomfortable, and he tried to make me not wear heels, then no.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Yep, but it's difficult to find one (I'm 5'2")
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Prior to marrying my husband, I dated men of all heights. Tall men, short men, extremely tall men, thin, fat, muscular, etc. I care more about personality and how he treats me and makes me feel than the physical. I've never dated a man who is shorter than me, but that's because I can count the number of adult men I've met that are shorter than me on one hand. And one was married to a six foot glamazon.
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Ok, so my height has worked against me on several occasions. I never pursue a woman taller than 5'6" because of my height. I assume shorter guys are not on their radar, plus short girls make me feel taller.

So i ask, am I wrong to assume that, would you date someone shorter than you?

I am 5'5" and my husband is 5'7". I always imagined that I'd marry a tall man, but that didn't happen and I have no problem with it. I guess I can't rule out that I wouldn't have dated a man shorter than me.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Probably. I'm 5'1", I've dated two guys that were only 5'4" and 5'5". I also dated a guy that was 5'11" and one that was 6'5". Really no particular requirement for me when it comes to height, depends on the person themselves.
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    I'm only 5' 6". My wife is also 5' 6". Historically, I had been very attracted to tall women, but I certainly didn't discriminate against short women either; my first girlfriend was 5' 0". I can see where a huge height disparity might make *some* things a little awkward, but I've never been able to understand what it is about the lack of height that turns women off. Baffling. It does seem very arbitrary to me.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    I'm generally just not attracted to men shorter than me. I'm sure there could be exceptions, but I've yet to be attracted to one. I'm also on the short side though, so there's aren't too many shorter than me.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    I'm almost 5'11 and my current boyfriend is 5'6. We just celebrated our 2 year anniversary and we couldn't be happier! In the beginning it was a little strange getting kissed and walking next to him, etc. but it really is about his personality. Plus he's super comfortable within himself and with his height, and he loves when I wear heels. He's shorter than me, sure.. but also happens to be the love of my life which is much more important than his height.
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Plain & simple, no. I'm 5'11, so it's just awkward for me dating anyone shorter. Something I've never been able to get over :indifferent:
  • kllyeve
    kllyeve Posts: 18 Member
    I am 5'3" so there are not that many guys shorter than me!! I have dated men not much taller than me 5'5" or so. I always was only concerned about at least being able to put on a pair of heels and not towering over they guy so I figured anyone a couple of inches taller than me was fine. But like I said, it is very rare to find a guy shorter than I am.

My current BF is 6'2" and so was my exH. Height is not a dealbreaker nor necessarily the first thing that attracts me to someone.

I think people are more than the sum of their parts and I try not to judge people based on things they have no control over.
  • eraweir
    eraweir Posts: 41 Member
    GENERALLY, I am attracted to tall guys.

That being said, I'm 5'5" and for four years I dated a guy who swore that he was 5'6" but he must have had really bad posture or something because I was DEFINITELY tallrer than him most of the time. And that was fine. I liked him a lot. It took a couple months before I even noticed his height.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    no.
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Dear Lord NO, I'm 5 feet with shoes on.... LOL
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    I'm 5'9 and my ex-bf was the same height. I do like taller guys 5'11 and up but it seems some tall guys don't like tall girls. But although my ex was my height, I was so convince for a while I was taller than him lol. He was in denial lol. But it didn't matter to me he was "around" my height.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Before I got married, I did date men shorter than me. It didn't bother me. My husband and I are within an inch or so of each other (him being taller), but when I wear any sort of heels, it makes me taller. So maybe I'm just used to it.
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    My ex's are all 6.3 and up. I am now married of almost 13 years to a guy that is 5.3 and I am 5.5.
  • pedraz
    pedraz Posts: 173
    I'm 5' 2" and my husband of twentysix years is 6'1" ..... Works out for both although sometimes I stand on a chair to see what it's like to kiss from there. Wouldn't mind an eye to eye smooch. Not looking for it though as my guy works just fine for me! ; )
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Yes... However the guys I have dated shorter than me have both been insecure about it, and made me guilty every time I wore heels.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Probably. I'm 5'1", I've dated two guys that were only 5'4" and 5'5". I also dated a guy that was 5'11" and one that was 6'5". Really no particular requirement for me when it comes to height, depends on the person themselves.

You remind me of The Little Mermaid. :D
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    I don't intentionally go for shorter guys I just happen to end up with them, lol. I am 5'5" and my ex is 5'4". My current bf is 5'7" which is on the short side for a guy, but according to him that is TALL for a hispanic! So to answer your question I don't mind shorter guys...doesn't bother me. If I am attracted who cares how tall you are! :-)