Ladies, would you date someone shorter than you?

Options

Replies

• mizlaur123
    mizlaur123 Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm 5'7... my husband is 5'5... so yes lol!
  • losingitincollege
    losingitincollege Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but no. I'm 5'8...can't do it.
  • lisaishotpink
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and honestly I've never in my 28 years met a guy shorter than I am. Oddly enough, I have never dated a guy shorter than 5'8"...
  • lilrette
    lilrette Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"4' and I only dated guys around my height - shorter than me, my height or a little taller. I loved that we were around the same height for hugging and cuddling. Somehow I ended up marrying my husband who is 6"3'. But I secretly still think short guys are sooooo sexxxy!!!
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Most of the men I'm attracted to are taller, just been that way I guess. But I have dated guys that were my height or just an inch taller... but all i know is some of the best sex ive ever had were with the shorter guys ive dated...huh... interesting.
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Tall women rock, short women rock, in between women rock, they all rock.
    Mmmmmm where did that come from.
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    He'd have to be pretty freaking awesome. I'm 5'9" as it is, and I love to wear heels. Some guys find this intimidating/emasculating/whatever.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Considering I'm 4' 10 1/2", this would be a difficult person to find. But in general, I really don't care about height.
  • DrJanet98
    DrJanet98 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I hope no one takes offense, but I know several happy couples where the woman is tall and overweight, and the man is short, skinny, and balding. I kinda figured that in a society that values smaller, skinny women and taller, muscular, non-balding men, the people who least fit those ideals tend to wind up together.

I'm 5'9" and when I *look* at guys on "hotness" alone, I do tend to like tall, somewhat muscular (but not muscle-bound) men. However, when I'm actually talking to someone in the real world, I don't really care how tall they are. I care about *who* they are, how well they take care of themselves and how they treat me. Anything else, we can work around it. :-)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't date someone shorter than me.

But, that's because I'm already married - and my husband is about an inch shorter than me.

It doesn't bother me, and I'm sure there would be lots of women who will not care about your height - if you're a nice guy (and I'm sure you are :wink:) they'll see that.
    On the other hand if you're a complete jerk, then that would be why they wouldn't like you, not for your height!
  • Jotell
    Jotell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have dated both tall and short. I prefer tall, but if the guy is right I don't mind short ;) Nice tats btw
  • MashaSK
    MashaSK Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Yes, why not That's personality that matters, not the height. I was thinking man shall be taller at least half a head then a woman in university. Now it's not important. feel free to approach whomever you want. If a girl would not date you for the fact you are shorter she is a compelte idiot-not a big loss for you
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    Ok, so my height has worked against me on several occasions. I never pursue a woman taller than 5'6" because of my height. I assume shorter guys are not on their radar, plus short girls make me feel taller.

So i ask, am I wrong to assume that, would you date someone shorter than you?

My honey is 5'6" and I am 5'9" and it works for us :wink:
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Yes I would date a guy shorter than me.
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Nope. I did once. That relationship lasted 2 weeks, I felt like an amazonian warrior next to him!
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11'' and my husband is 5'7''. Honestly, I forget how short he is. I always thought I'd marry a tall guy - didn't want to feel like a giant next to hubs...but turns out, I don't. And he encourages me to wear high heels - he thinks it's hot, and it doesn't intimidate him at all. I don't know...maybe it's just my husband, but even though he's 4 inches shorter than I am, we can be dancing or cuddling and I've never felt my height around him.

I say, you see a tall girl that you are attracted to, go for it. If she rejects you because you're short...that's her problem for overlooking a large population of perfectly suitable men.
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    My opinion always was if the guy was within a few inches of my height it would be no issue. I have kind of mentally screened out shorter guys (because I feel big to them). If I were single then I would not screen out a guy just because he is shorter. A good date (or relationship, marriage) is about so much more than a few inches of height. You never know what you might miss out on.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft 9". My partner is 5ft 11". She is a ehole 2 inches taller than me. Doesn;t bother me in the slightest. She doesn;t like wearing heels when she is out with me, but she doesn;t wear heels all that much anyway.

She has no problem at all with it. She is one of those tall lean model looking people( I hate her really lol)
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    no. it'd be uncomfortable...
  • Beana21
    Beana21 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I've dated a few guys who were my height. I actually didn't mind it because it's easier to smooch. :p I dunno if i could go much shorter than what I currently am tho.