Ladies, would you date someone shorter than you?

Options

Replies

• UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    yes and I have in the past. But my husband is taller than me by 2 inches.
  • CompuGirl2
    CompuGirl2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would date someone shorter than me, definitely. Also, I had a 6 foot 3 friend that married a 5 foot 2 man. Height difference didn't stand in the way of their relationship. :smile:
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Nope! Its even hard with someone my height or barely taller! Being shorter may also come with weighing less - which is NOT happening!! I'm 5'9" so it can be a challenge!! So the answer again is NOPE
  • beccaboo0713
    Options
    4'11 here so no, NEVER!
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Seeing as how I am 5'3" it is hard to find guys shorter than me.

But personally I like big men. The shortest was about 5'6'' and all my friends flipped because they are used to seeing me with guys who are at least 5'10" or taller, the tallest guy I've dated was 6'3".

It is fun to feel all small and protected by a big strong man :blushing:
  • miorojas
    miorojas Posts: 3
    Options
    Yes I will, and I had date someone shorter than me as long as he is self confident and don't let height get in the way of what he wants.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I've dated 5'5". It is not, however, my preference. And I do rule out those shorter than me when online dating to be honest.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Dated and then married him. :bigsmile:

After years of dating really tall guys, chemistry doesn't seem to know how tall we are. :laugh:
  • vklebanova
    vklebanova Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend IS shorter than me- although by like half an inch.

I couldn't care less but believe me I get plenty of **** from family and friends about it.

I think it's such a BS thing.. honestly who the hell gives a damn about height?!!!!
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    MotorCityFemmeFatale Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me, so long as it didn't bother him.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I sure have...my husband is a little shorter than me.
    At 6'1' I sometimes had to compromise with the height thing lol I will say the most awkward situation was when I dated a man that was about 5''6'. That didn't last long....we looked soooo weird!
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Seeing as how I am 5'3" it is hard to find guys shorted than me.
    But personally I like big men. The shortest was about 5'^'' and all my friends flipped because they are more used to seeing me with people who are at least 5'10" or taller. My most recent guy is 6'3", it is fun to feel all small and protected by a big strong man :blushing:
    I have dated some guys who were over 6'. To me it was like kissing a giant :laugh:
  • lisabruce12
    lisabruce12 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My husband is the same height as me. 5 feet 3 inches. I know...SHORT. Neither one of us mind at all. In fact I often wear high heels because I love them and that's fine too.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    yes i've dated shorter before

i've dated guys of all shapes & sizes
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I'm only 4' 10" and the only males I've ever met that were shorter than me have been about ten years old, so NO!

However, I <feel> a lot taller than 4' 10" and did get to know a guy who was 5' 3" - even though he was theoretically taller than me, he felt smaller, and that was okay.

Tallest guy I've dated was 6' 4" and that was just plain funny when we caught sight of a reflection of ourselves in a shop window or whatever. Crazy! :bigsmile:
  • antizoni1
    antizoni1 Posts: 334
    Options
    I am 6'3", I have never dated a woman taller than me :)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8".

No problem with shorter guys as long as they don't have a complex about it.

Don't even try to tell me what shoes to wear.
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", I once dated a guy who might have been like 5'4.5" . It was not big deal, although I never wore really high heels with him.

My bf now is like 5'7" or 5'8. He says tall girls intimidate him haha and he when I wear heels he always measures himself on me to see if I'm taller.
    I do prefer a guy to be taller than me (Makes me feel less bossy if that makes sense, I'm not less bossy but I feel like I am depending on the dude's height)

But to answer your question, I would date a shorter guy, but I my height it's not often that I have...
  • KenyaBates
    Options
    I'm only 5'1" so I wouldn't date anyone shorter than me. A guy would have to have at least 4" on me. And the height issue is no more arbitrary then the myriad other purely physical attributes that we use to choose mates. Women usually want to be able to feel small, feminie and protected. That's harder to pull off if your man is smaller than you.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Tried it...and nope. Couldn't do it. I'm 5'9" so it's tough to find guys taller than me, but I feel HUGE if I date a guy shorter than I am. My husband BARELY made the cut at 5'10"!