Jillian's 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• snowbune27
    snowbune27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just bought this DVD on amazon.
    I am really excited for it to come... I hope it works. I've been trying for almost 8 months, with no pounds lost... I know I don't have much to lose, but I don't like the stuff that squishes over the top of my pants!

I am happy to say that in July I started couch to 5K and even though it took forever to get there for me... yesterday I ran 3.5 miles! yea!
    ...because I am going over my calories everyday (eating about 1800 when I'm supposed to stay at 1200 with no excersize) , I know I won't see weight loss only running twice a week.

I'm hoping this video helps!
    ...here's to hoping...:flowerforyou:
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Day 4 level one complete. I know it seems like it taking me a long time to get there but you have to remember I am doing a dirrerent workout everyother day. But level one is getting easier to do. Still going to do about 10 workouts with level one before moving on the the next level.
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Shredders,
    Day7 of level one done this am - Yea!! Plan on another 35 min w/o before bed. Feeling really good about the progress thus far and looking forward (i think :ohwell: ) to start level 2 Friday. you all make it sound very challenging. I am thinking (hoping ) i'll be ready for the increase!
    On the upside ( there has to be one... right??)even after the frozen yogurt last light I ended up w/ a 350 cal deficit!! - I think it's okay to find substitute treats, it forces me to read the labels and make healthier food choices.

Let's have a great week,
    Janet:heart:
  • wannabfit09
    Options
    be sure to let us know how it goes...i'm interested in the DVD....trying to decide if I want it....good luck!:bigsmile:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Level 2 this morning, getting better. Toughest part for me is the mil-press with knee extensions. I can military press 200 pounds 4 or 5 times, no problem - but Mil-pressing 16 pounds about 35 times, while kicking like a rockette,,, wow. It's a different kind of tough.

The guy in the mirror's looking better, and I feel great. 's cool.

Hah! Like the description - that's about what it feels like though. :) Good job! That's the part that keeps killing me too - going from those into the v raises. Today by the second set of v raises i did every other one. It was better than completely wimping out and not doing them at all. Wondering how level 3 is going to be...
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Level 3 will be like death, but it'll take longer. I'm looking forward to it.

I wonder how this compares to P90X,,, Anybody done both? I had planned to start P90X in a couple weeks, but wife and I are enjoying doing the shred together. Hmmmm....

What ya' figger would happen if I tried to do both. :noway:
  • jenners22
    Options
    I highly enjoy level 3...far better than level 2. I cried after almost every strength circuit in level 2. I have next to no upper body strength so all those plank poses and ab holds and mountain climbers really hurt. I can barely lift my arms over my head to wash my hair after those workouts.

Other than the immense pain that level 2 inflicts on me :grumble: ....I still love the DVD and use it many times a week.

Jillian also has a kick-butt workout DVD called "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism". When I did the entire DVD (it took a few weeks to build up to complete the whole thing), I was burning almost 1000 calories in just 45 minutes! It's really amazing. Actually...Jillian is amazing!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    I highly enjoy level 3...far better than level 2. I cried after almost every strength circuit in level 2. I have next to no upper body strength so all those plank poses and ab holds and mountain climbers really hurt. I can barely lift my arms over my head to wash my hair after those workouts.

Other than the immense pain that level 2 inflicts on me :grumble: ....I still love the DVD and use it many times a week.

Jillian also has a kick-butt workout DVD called "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism". When I did the entire DVD (it took a few weeks to build up to complete the whole thing), I was burning almost 1000 calories in just 45 minutes! It's really amazing. Actually...Jillian is amazing!

WHAT? 1000 calories in 45 mins? I.might.be.sold.
    Do you wear a HRM? Or does MFP calculate for you?
    I've heard about it - but didn't know if i was ready to sign on yet....
  • liloneames267
    liloneames267 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just finished level 1 day 4. I didn't want to do it at all but I pushed through and I'm glad I did. :happy:
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to getting DVD. After reading this post I ordered it, should come this week. I do p90x on the days I don't work. I don't seem to be able to commit myself to an hour long workout after having spent 10 hours at work. So I was looking for something short and intense.
    Has anyone here tried the Jullian Michaels wii game?
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Helloooooo, MY MFP peeps. Last night was night 3 of level 1. I am motivated & pumped, although before going home, I was really anxious as to if I would have enough energy/time to do it, but I kicked my own *kitten* and said "Come on, Nik, 20 MINUTES??? DO ITTTTT!!!" lol I have lost 3 lbs since yesterday, although i believe its cause Sunday I had chink food...and it made me swollennnn
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone... so yesterday I totally busted through level 2 with only ONE short 3 second break during the Oblique Twists...which by the end of the workout my arms are such jello that I feel like I'm going to fall on my face. So I'm stoked! I'm actually starting to like HANGING OUT with Jillian! :laugh:

Hope everyone is doing well! Have a great day!
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Shred Nuts!,
    Still in it to win it and Day 8 at level one is completed! I did 35 min of cardio w/ weights last nite (FIRM) after work and had a lite supper, so back on track w/ the cals. Kick boxing (20min TJ) on for after work tonight. I read someone post " it's just 20 min .. right?" Well that's exactly what I say to myself after a long day and i feel like i'm too tired to put some extra work in. Most of the time that's enough to snap me back to my goal and i do it. I love to hear that someone else says the same thing.

Amanda - great job on your progress w/ level 2 - i'm looking forward to start it on Friday! Keep it up!

Smiles and Jenner - I'm sold - heading to amazon on the hunt for this one to add to the collection. It sounds totally killer.

Have a fantastic day everyone!,
    Janet:heart:
  • elephantmeg
    elephantmeg Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    day 3 down. I think I can do this. Ran great yesterday (4 miles total) and feel really healthy all over :)
  • jenners22
    Options

WHAT? 1000 calories in 45 mins? I.might.be.sold.
    Do you wear a HRM? Or does MFP calculate for you?
    I've heard about it - but didn't know if i was ready to sign on yet....

I use my heart rate monitor. according to this site, my 45 minute workout would only burn 619 calories. It can vary because one of my friends did a weight loss yoga with me one night and while I burned 600 with my heart rate monitor...when we figured it to her age and she wore it, the same workout for her only burned 230. I think it's my intensity level...I think that's why I am able to burn more than my friends. I figure (and jillian says) you're going to workout every day for the rest of your life, so don't phone it in. Don't waste your time. From the time she says go until the time she says 'see you tomorrow', I am in it 100%.
  • liloneames267
    liloneames267 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Day 5 level 1 done! It seemed slightly easier to do today.
  • Angel1029
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I did the workout yesterday and I felt great. I'm not going to be able to do it today because I got a tooth pulled and my face is throbbing and the pain meds make me feel woozy. But hopefully I will be able to start back up tomorrow. I think I'm going to start back spinning in the mornings and doing Tae Bo as well because my HRM said I only burned 43 calories. I was bummed when I seen that. A little discouraging!
  • anneplus4
    Options
    How did you guys make it through it? I made it about 7 mins and couldnt go anymore. Then the next day I could barely move my legs.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Day 7 of level 2 done... I think I'll go 10 days on level 2 before advancing to 3. I pre-viewed 3 though... so I'm ready.

Patting myself on the back because.... (drum roll please).... I made it all the way through today with no rests - even those DAMN V raises/chair squats in the 3rd circuit. They might have been puny at the end, but I DID THEM.... so by day 10, I should be able to push em out SOLID. :)

Everyone here - you're tough - and I'm glad to be on this thread w/you... let's keep movin!
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I did the workout yesterday and I felt great. I'm not going to be able to do it today because I got a tooth pulled and my face is throbbing and the pain meds make me feel woozy. But hopefully I will be able to start back up tomorrow. I think I'm going to start back spinning in the mornings and doing Tae Bo as well because my HRM said I only burned 43 calories. I was bummed when I seen that. A little discouraging!

I think your HRM isn't working properly! Or you were really "phoning" it in as Jillian would say. No way possible that if you put in 100% would you have only burned 43 calories! Not possible!
    How did you guys make it through it? I made it about 7 mins and couldnt go anymore. Then the next day I could barely move my legs.

First ...follow Anita!!! Second... take breaks! Third... Don't squat down as far or go as far into the lunges. Your body isn't used to it yet.

Smiles4miles and I experienced the same thing! And I say that because we actually had this same discussion! But I promise if you stick with it.... you will improve. I know I have...and it seems from whatever one else says...they have too!

Great job everyone!!!