Where did you lose body fat first?

Options

Replies

• FlittyGetsFit
    Options
    I think I'm an apple shape. I lost from my legs first, then my boobs. My tummy is shrinking, but it still looks huge compared to the rest of me. So frustrating!
  • _Thanatos_
    _Thanatos_ Posts: 166
    Options
    They first started to go from my face, and maybe my arms.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I don't like fruit shape comparisons but if you want to call me a "pear", that's fine. I retain fat on my lower belly, hips and upper thighs. I lost every ounce of upper body fat, including a lot that I really didn't want to lose, and still working to get rid of some off my lower body.
  • TheRUBENone
    TheRUBENone Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i had gastric bypass back on 12-20-10 & have lost 270 pounds. i would say for me it started with arms & legs. its not till now that im thinning out in the mid section. its not up to the person to determine were you loose if from first. its genetics & each individuals body that determines that. there is no way to spot train & loose fat from 1 area verses another. just keep up with the diet & cardio & eventually your body will burn that stobburn fat away. good luck.
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Pure cardio: everywhere
    When I switched to strength training: Waist, thighs, back, and double chin.
  • woopidydoo
    woopidydoo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass and lost the weight where I had just put it on. I went on a diet because my knees, love handles, and upper arms were getting fat. So I lost 5 lbs (still 5 more to go... but stuck for over a month) and the first place to go was the love handles, knees and upper arms.. the place that I had just put it on! So I was happy.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    tatas have gone bye bye!!! :(
  • _beautiful_disaster_
    Options
    i lose it in my stomach, then my legs, and my arms. I really want my chin to go away.
  • Speazzy
    Speazzy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    tatas have gone bye bye!!! :(

They are ALWAYS the first to go! Damn deserters!
  • xtine4ever
    xtine4ever Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sadly, from my already non-existent boobs. I comfort myself by remembering that it's still less weight and strain on my joints. :)
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Feet :grumble:
  • krismonaco
    krismonaco Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My face and my fingers--seriously? Not the actual problem areas like my stomach or love handles. =(
  • trich33702
    trich33702 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would describe myself as hourglass as I have large breast, smaller waist, and big hips and thighs. My weight comes off top to bottom, which I hate because of my full thighs and hips. I usually notice a difference in my face and neck and then it slowly works it way down. Ironically when I gain, I gain in the but and thighs first.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I suppose I'm a pear shape but with pretty proportionately big boobs (so borderline hour glass?). My waist has been shrinking big time, but my effing thighs are taking their sweet time going anywhere. Ugh.

One day I will no longer have saddlebags and I will rejoice and wear short shorts at all times (well, not to work...but all other times).

I'm also jealous of women whose arms shrink quickly. I feel like my arms take nearly as long as my thighs do to start looking good! I feel like I have huge biceps and not in a sexy muscular way.
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I think im hour glass.....but hips/ butt and boobs. I more want my thighs and waist.
  • Montegue42
    Montegue42 Posts: 98
    Options
    My butt. I accidentally pantsed myself in the grocery store digging through my pockets which is excited but just not that happy-making :/
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i always was told by my mom im an hourglass shape but according to a lot of things ive read here of late you need huge tits for that so i will say im a pear. lol i lose weight in my stomach first, back fat second, butt, and THEN my legs BOOO wish it was legs first
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hourglass - definitely my face. Still virtually nothing from my thighs.
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I agree with a few others. Hourglass with a full chest and I tend to loose first right in the middle, just around the rib cage and thighs get slimmer. I would like the extra to come off the tummy pooch but patience is required. grrr. :grumble:
  • Eisskween
    Eisskween Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear shape and have just reached the point where I can't see my belly past my boobs anymore. Good feeling. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!