Becoming one of "those" girls

Options
ninakir88
ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
You know.. the girls that you look at and wonder if you'll ever be that in shape.

The girls that you wonder if they stay that way naturally or they really have to work for it.

The girls that you look at and think there is no way you'll ever get down to that size.

The girls that can wear almost anything and still look good in it.

When losing weight, you wonder what it would be like not to have to worry about sucking in anymore, but think its impossible to achieve. You wonder what it would be like to just get something off the rack and not worry about if it fits good, because you know most likely it will. You wonder what it would be like for your thighs not to rub together when you are wearing a dress, bathing suit, or skirt..

These are the things I wondered when I didn't properly care of my body the way I should have.

My whole life I always enjoyed snacking and eating foods that taste good, never really restricting myself.

When I got to my teenage years I started being very self conscious but didn't really know of a way to lose weight so I would always just eat what I wanted. Thankfully, I never got too big since my mother always made comments, but I did get up to a size 13. I was probably pushing 165 at 5'4. This might not sound like that big, but it was big enough for people to call you fat and to have to worry about hiding back fat in certain shirts.

After highschool, my weight constantly went up and down. I did a ton of diets, used diet pills, always tried to think of the best easiest way to lose weight. Thankfully, over the years, all my failed attempts at dieting and gaining my weight back, I finally learned that it's not a sprint to lose weight, you have to do it at a steady pace.

I probably started losing weight again around August of last year.

When I first started getting back into the gym, there was this girl there everyday, and I always wondered what it would be like to be that skinny. I thought she looked great! Over the months, I took my weight loss slow and gradual. I promised myself I wouldn't weigh myself for several months. I remember around October I weighed myself and I was at 135. I was so excited! But I decided not to stop there, and just keep eating clean and go to the gym often. I hit a phase where nothing was coming off, but I was patient about it and didn't get discouraged..my weigh finally started coming off even more and it seemed to come off fast! I was down to about 128.

Eventually, one of the trainers at the gym noticed me and started making comments about joining his high intensity class. Finally, I agreed, that girl that I saw at the gym everyday that I thought looked great was also in that class. I joined MPF around this time as well.

I am now around 117 and wear a size 1/2. The girl that I thought was so skinny and I'd never look like her, now comments about how skinny I am and how she wants to be MY size. It's crazy to think about, really. Maybe one day I'll tell her she was my motivation. ;) I wanted to be "one of those girls".

MFP keeps my eating under control. There are days I get tired of watching what I eat and want to give up, everyday is still a struggle for me, it's hard to kick 23 years of bad eating habits, even though I've been doing better for almost a year now.

Moral of the story: Slow and steady wins the race :) It's a lifetime commitment, not just a diet.

And now for pics:

**edit to say I don't really have photos of me at the full 165, because I didn't take many photos, and if I did they are not online.

189010_4423329267_3756_n.jpg
Me on the right at about 160

5890_118264619267_1068280_n.jpg

2680_68644859267_1546111_n.jpg

15844_188351414267_3266697_n.jpg

Now days:

282725_10150934130189268_1968701831_n.jpg

536516_10150934132709268_317658428_n.jpg

479708_10150908606134268_1466428252_n.jpg

Now I like to smile in all my photos :)

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• gorewhore13
    gorewhore13 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I LOVE your post, I almost started crying. I wonder this same thing. While I am bigger then you I'm still fighting that same battle. Thanks for sharing :)
  • Gillporteousx
    Options
    You are definitely one of those girls ;) you look amazing xxx
  • momto1g1b
    momto1g1b Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous! What an inspiring transformation :heart:
  • jcmetz
    jcmetz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great post!!! You are definitely one of those girls :)
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Wow! You are amazing! I wish I'd had your attitude when I was younger. I fear at 39 and after 2 kids it's too late for me :cry: My body is OK, but my tummy will NEVER be flat again :ohwell:

Very well done, you look stunning! :flowerforyou:
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! Such an inspiration. You look amazing!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Patience and determination makes things possible. Excellent job.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I love your post. Thank you so much for sharing with us :) You look amazing!
  • Nice
    Nice Posts: 84
    Options
    this actually looks exactly like kristen from mtv's "the hills"
  • megsaroo
    megsaroo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats to you! Now you are MY motivation :) Thanks for sharing!
  • porquemoi
    porquemoi Posts: 6
    Options
    You look great! Thanks for sharing your story; it's so inspirational :)
  • tarazena
    tarazena Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    WOW, I LOVE your post!!! I know exactly what you mean with "those" girls. Wow, you are very inspiring. I can't believe how much your face has changed too. Thanks for sharing and posting pics as well. I thought you looked great before ..then I saw your after pictures and wow is allI can say! Big Congrats!!!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    You look great! I want to be one of those girls. :wink: some day.
  • jacque930
    jacque930 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Inspiring Story. To be one of "those" girls. Yes I know exactly what you were thinking. I want to be one of "those". I have relized slow and steady is the right way as well. It is a lifestyle and it can be done.
    Thanks for sharing this story. I will come back to it when I need some inspiration again down the road.

You look great and I bet you feel fabulous!
  • NatashaAlexandra
    NatashaAlexandra Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Oh my god YOU ARE AMAZING!

So jealous, I would love to be your weight :)

Sounds like you worked very hard for it!! You are my inspo to lose these last 10 pounds :D
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    You did it! You look great :smile:
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    You took the words right out of my mouth. I am always watching those girls... wishing it would happen. It hasn't happened yet... but I just hope that it will when the time is right. I have been doing this for 2 years... struggling on and off to change my ways. Inspiration and motivation is what is getting me through all of this. I understand you have to change your life... and I want to look better for it. Thanks for sharing this. And you look fantastic. :) I want to look like you, too.
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    awesome post and awesome job! You look wonderful! thank you for sharing.
    I hope to be one of those girls here soon.
  • Chelle_Davis
    Chelle_Davis Posts: 241
    Options
    I LOVE this post. Thanks so much for sharing!!!
  • justinamay0535
    justinamay0535 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You were gorgeous before but now you're gorgeous AND you look so happy! Way to go and thank you for inspiring me to be "one of those girls." :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!